Dynadot

discuss Did you ever sold a domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PatrickV

Established Member
Impact
I've never sold one domain in my life but i still believe it will happen in the future. I only invest/speculate and keep my 2 domains. They're for sale and parked without ads because i'm serious and think it's better for the potential buyers of my domains. I'm in for xxx.xxx dollar sales. Not for few thousand dollar a domain ... Advices, comments, experiences are welcome. I've patience a lot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I admire the positivity. But just 2 domains, aiming for $xxx.xxx is highly unlikely to happen.

Are they .com? Handregs? Aftermarket purchases? Are you going to do outbound or rely on passive sales? With 2 names I wouldn't get by hopes up unless they're tier one quality and even that would take a lot of patience.

•••
It you only own 2 domains and are expecting xxx,xxx sales you might as well just play the lottery instead. It has better odds.

Brad

•••
•••
Both domains are handregistrations. Now i'm passive but i go also for active sales. Don't be lazy you know! ;)

•••
Both domains are handregistrations. Now i'm passive but i go also for active sales. Don't be lazy you know! ;)

Your expectations are wildly unrealistic. Best of luck.

Brad

•••
I made also mistakes before so i go for what i believe in with two of my favourite domains.

•••
But it's good thing you have only 2 domains, very cautious.

•••
Possible, but very hard to achieve. Very few stories like that and frankly quite unrealistic. @domainsterr achieved that recently. Please cut the favorite, active/passive, patience, serious, etc. crap. Find 'inherent value' and a way to increase the odds over a period of time. Doesn't matter if you have just 1 domain or a 1000. Learn the game. Good luck!

Thanks.

•••
Buy lottery tickets, at least if you will be lucky you dont have to wait years to get the cash and you can get more than six figures.

I really think is more easy to win the lottery that get that price with just two hand regged names.

Good luck anyway, maybe you really found two gems, great things happen sometimes!

Last edited:
•••
On the bright side, you will never go broke on renewals

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back