Dynadot

discuss My first ever sale of a domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
I listed some 60+ domains in Godaddy, sedo and dan few months ago. Though I started making money online years ago and though I knew about domain sales, I never thought of trying it.
But then few months passed. I even featured 2 of my domains with Godaddy and received 2 auctions and that is it. So after some time, I featured 3 more domains. It doesn't happen overnight but some day as I was browsing my email, I read "Your Domain, ***** , Has Sold"
So the next day they sent me email to provide the EPP code. I released my domain, obtained the EPP code and pasted it in my Godaddy "sold" section.
Then in a couple of days they told me that the transfer was complete and that the money will be sent soon. They notified me that the money was wired and after three days, it hit my bank account. Thank God.

What I liked about domain flipping business is the swiftness of the payment because even if you make money as an affiliate anywhere else, you have to wait a month or more to get your money. Here it is almost instant LOL.

Thank you guys for all the help. And hope I will succeed here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
congratulations! Can you share which domain sold? ty.

•••
Thanks but no. I intend buying similar domains if i can.

Last edited:
•••
Well, congratulations. Nice seeing people happy with their domain hustle. Keep it up

•••
•••
Thank you guys. Forgot to mention the amount. It's not much
Sold for $420, received 310 after fees.

•••
Glad it's working out for you! Best of luck going forward.

•••
I listed some 60+ domains in Godaddy, sedo and dan few months ago. Though I started making money online years ago and though I knew about domain sales, I never thought of trying it.
But then few months passed. I even featured 2 of my domains with Godaddy and received 2 auctions and that is it. So after some time, I featured 3 more domains. It doesn't happen overnight but some day as I was browsing my email, I read "Your Domain, ***** , Has Sold"
So the next day they sent me email to provide the EPP code. I released my domain, obtained the EPP code and pasted it in my Godaddy "sold" section.
Then in a couple of days they told me that the transfer was complete and that the money will be sent soon. They notified me that the money was wired and after three days, it hit my bank account. Thank God.

What I liked about domain flipping business is the swiftness of the payment because even if you make money as an affiliate anywhere else, you have to wait a month or more to get your money. Here it is almost instant LOL.

Thank you guys for all the help. And hope I will succeed here.
Pretty much the same way I started. Buying domain names with some SEO value to create new websites on top of them as an affiliate marketer. Was pretty good to me for awhile until I got burnt out from all the work and spreading myself too thin across different niches until I got an offer for a couple of domain names that didn't turn over a profit for me at all.

I like selling domain names way more than being an affiliate. Faster payouts, don't have to worry much about affiliate programs changing their terms or cutting commissions drastically, and I find it more fulfilling for some reason. If I had known this way back when before I started, I would have skipped affiliate marketing period and went straight into domain name investing.

Good job on your sales, by the way. I hope you get more.

•••
Thank you very much. Maybe this will be my bread and butter. Oh ma this very moment I thought about the phrase "bread and butter" if it can be turned into a domain. LOL 😬

•••
•••
Thank you very much. Maybe this will be my bread and butter. Oh ma this very moment I thought about the phrase "bread and butter" if it can be turned into a domain. LOL 😬
"bread and butter" in king actually is really a great domain! ahah

Congrats for your first sale, wish you many more

•••
•••
You paid 26% fee?
Not sure how much percent I was paid. But this tool tells me that the deductions are 20% And I was supposed to be paid $336 but I got paid $310. Maybe there are some additional hidden fees. I don't complain nnevertheless.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else are getting more than 25% fee?
:dead:

•••
Not sure how much percent I was paid. But this tool tells me that the deductions are 20% And I was supposed to be paid $336 but I got paid $310. Maybe there are some additional hidden fees. I don't complain nnevertheless.
Yeah, that is strange. How did you receive your payment? Bank transfer, Paypal, etc.? Cause that would explain why you received $310 instead of $336.

•••
•••
Percentage + transfer fees.
Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back