Finteza

Did Network Solutions conspire to allow this domain name to be stolen?

Labeled as information in Warnings and Alerts started by Addison, Mar 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. NameZest

NameZest Active Member VIP

They get thumbs down from me.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Established Member

Yet another Netsol tale

3. stub

stub Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

How do you setup a spam filter for random first/last name combinations?

4. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Thanks, for reminding me just spend 17 minutes requesting auth codes from them one by one, painful, but worth it.

5. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Before network solutions allowed you to turn off, and request auth code in the single que of steps, now you have to do it in two different menus. As well no bulk edit lock on/off, or request auth codes. Enom, and Name are guilty of these also when it comes to bulk auth code request. Enom is also guilty of no way to override 5 day pending transfer hold. Name kudos for enacting instant transfer out button.

Choose who you do business wisely, as the wrong partner can cost you a sale.

6. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Mission impossible.... In may cases automated massmailing still can be detected manually though, and blacklisted using other criterias. Such as if an India-based domainer is using 100% Western FirstName LastName random combinations and asking "Can you give me a price for <..>?" in two separate emails for 2 different Sedo-parked domains, with the bin price shown right on Sedo parked pages... for both.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. bigcassgbr

bigcassgbr Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Netsol gets two thumbs down from me as well. Stay away. Decided to test the waters with a $4.99 transfer. I initiated the transfer but then I got an email about a problem with my home address, which I had no idea how to rectify. Typically, with other registrars, one provides the auth code and then one is off to the races. I then sent support a ticket saying its transfer process was too complex for me and asked for a refund of the $4.99. Support replied "no can do" but it did something on its end to rectify that "home address" problem so that I could proceed with the transfer. So I replied that (1) I canceled the transfer on my end and (2); how about crediting me $4.99 to my a/c or letting me use the money towards a different transfer. Both were against policy. I explained or rather mini-ranted to the support that other registrars allow the fee from incomplete transfers to be applied to other transfers. I said - have a drink on me with the $4.99 you got and left it at that. Thankfully, I have no domains with them and never will

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!