Dynadot

Network Solutions Might Leak Credit Card Details Between Accounts

Labeled as warning in Warnings and Alerts started by Arca, Feb 17, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

How did NetSol approach/handle this when they took the domain out of your account?

Did you get a refund from NameJet?
    "you are solely responsible for the credit card or payment information you provide to Network Solutions"

The CC info is erroneously "provided" by NetSol themselves in this scenario, not the user.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. rentmynames

rentmynames TheFinestDomains.com Gold Account

Their system is built in the 90's. It's obsolete.

3. skipper708

skipper708 New Member

Yes, I got a refund for the full price which was about $1150 or so. The domain disappeared from my account without any explanation, so I had to create a ticket at Namejet. There was also an email that I missed that told me the domain was renewed for 1 extra year. This was a sign of the problem in addition to seeing the previous owners CC number in my account. I was really pushing to get the domain, but ended up with a refund. I had control of the domain for about 4 months with my whois info showing as the owner, name servers working, and parking stats recording, etc. The domain and the dollar amount is not really worth suing them over. You just need to watch for this!

4. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

4 months after you took ownership of the domain is a long time. You could have set up a business/website on the domain or sold it on to a third party by then...

What happened to the two domains you did transfer out? Did they approach you about transferring them back to them, or did you just never hear anything from them about those?

5. andydotlol

andydotlol Upgraded Member Gold Account

Doesn't surprise me at all. I wish Namejet and Snapnames domains went to a decent registrar. This thread has inspired me to move as many of my Netsol to Namesilo as possible.

6. skipper708

skipper708 New Member

Yes, I transferred them out and didn't hear one peep from NetSol. One is paid up for 10 years, thanks to the previous owner:)

7. carob

carob Active Member VIP

The Netsol ToS that I quoted above let them find new, replacement card details for a cardholder's expired card. So it is actually possible that someone assumes that because their card has expired there will be no further charges on it, and then later Netsol puts charges on the new card.

The ToS are possibly a bit ambiguous about who "provides" the card data - is it you when you enter it manually, is it a previous domain owner when they get charged, or is it you when, even without knowing, you let a charge go through on a previous owner's card.

8. eDomain India

eDomain India Active Member VIP

If its happening it is so embrassing.
    Thanks for alert..

9. bobbarato

bobbarato Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

<munches popcorn>

I'm just waiting to see how much NetwurstProblems will start charging for this "service". <evil>

10. Nat Hunt

Nat Hunt Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

For only $29.99 a month, you can now purchase an upgraded account with the special feature that we won't leak your credit card details to our other customers.

11. skipper708

skipper708 New Member

Just to clarify I did not use some else's CC to renew the domain that I won at auction. The previous owner renewed their expired domain that I won at auction for 10 years. In order for this to happen, the domain must have been in both accounts at the same time. Once the 60 day lock was up, I transferred my property out. End of Story.

12. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Established Member

How come I only hear of Network Solution when it has to do with something bad?

13. Embrand

Embrand Michael Bilde ICA Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think Njetwork Solutions are excellent at letting everyone know just how bad they are.

14. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Established Member

Lol. But seriously, they'll have to improve if they don't want to lose all their customers. Unless that isn't important to them anymore

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!