IT.COM

alert Domain name was stolen from my account - MCV.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stan123

Established Member
Impact
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought this is a Domain related forum. But the deals are getting murkier to be a Thriller.

•••
•••
•••
Is there an update to this domain's status, @Stan123 ?

•••
well i was the buyer of imk. com and mcv.com but after agreeing the terms they changed

first escrow.com was acceptable then he wanted direct bank transfer only. He agreed to 2 payments then changed to all in one go.

Originally there was lots of messages about trust and he would even presend me the name. in the end I backed out

but here is the bank message with the bank info in it....

Hello.

We have asked Moniker.com to resend us our account user id, so we can login and transfer you the domain name. Please allow us some time to hear back from Moniker.com with this information.

Below is bank information of the owner of IMK.COM. Please submit your payment after you receive the domain name.

{Bank account and routing number removed / personal/private financial information}

Kind regards,

DomainNameBroker.com

Last edited:
•••
well i was the buyer of imk. com and mcv.com but after agreeing the terms they changed

first escrow.com was acceptable then he wanted direct bank transfer only. He agreed to 2 payments then chan/ged to all in one go.

Originally there was lots of messages about trust and he would even present me the name. in the end i backed out

but here is the bank message with the bank info in it....

Hello.

We have asked Moniker.com to resend us our account user id, so we can login and transfer you the domain name. Please allow us some time to hear back from Moniker.com with this information.

Below is bank information of the owner of IMK.COM. Please submit your payment after you receive the domain name.

Account Name: Yakov Yukhananov
Account Address: 3001 North Oakland Forest Drive, Suite 302, Oakland Park, Florida 33309
Account Telephone: + 1 954 225 1806
Account Number: 9145622265

Bank Name: Citibank
Bank Address: 899 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Floor 1, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Bank Telephone: + 1 954 376 8801
Bank Routing Number: 266086554

Kind regards,

DomainNameBroker.com

Popcorn time :woot:
Abandoned User ID @_Yakov_ https://www.namepros.com/search/27024198/

•••
i had contacted the previous seller of imk

see below

1. hi sorry to bother you but i am trying to buy a domain from domainnamebroker.com on this forum it says in feed back you bought a 5 fig domain from him.

question is he only wants a direct transfer and won't drake escrow.com was your transaction okay? just wondered as it is a bit weird, he did say he would even transfer the domain to me first but i just wondered what your experience was like.

thanks

joejet

joejet, Nov 11, 2017Report

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

2. ErwanKinaEstablished Member
    Trade Rating:
    100%
    Leave Feedback
    Hi, Yes he bought IMK.com from us at $18K and he sent a direct wire transfer. We received the funds very quickly. All good

ErwanKina, Nov 12, 2017Report

3. joejetEstablished Member
    Trade Rating:
    100%
    thanks for the reply

the transaction has gone wrong he was selling for 16k then changed his mind about the way he wanted payment, bank transfer only no escrow. agreed to take transfer in 2 payments, then said not acceptable.

all very weird.

thanks
    joejet

•••
•••
First time i read this thread, i think two possible factors can be applied here (correct me if i am wrong)

1. your account in the registrar may be compromised but in this case you will receive emails while changing the registration records or to transfer another registrar (same applied if they retain the same details while push to another Nsol account).

2. If you've purchased this domain via Nsol or their associative sites they pushed the domain to your account, may be the previous owner or you signed a FOA (Form of Authority). with any of the broker or domain marketplace, then they can transfer your domain on belalf of you upon a sale. they have the authority to transfer your domain.

•••
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

Heads up @Stan123 MCV.com is now being offered for sale by @BoothDomains

https://www.namepros.com/threads/vyc-com-tkp-com-usu-com-mcv-com-jami-com.1135733/

any updates on MCV.com ?

OP hasn't shown activity since February 2018. Might be best to shoot him an email on the old WHOIS to get an update.

Last edited:
•••
Heads up @Stan123 MCV.com is now being offered for sale by @BoothDomains

https://www.namepros.com/threads/vyc-com-tkp-com-usu-com-mcv-com-jami-com.1135733/

OP hasn't shown activity since February 2018. Might be best to shoot him an email on the old WHOIS to get an update.

Anyone that truly owns a valuable domain like this will mount a legal challenge. If as specified by the OP then Booth is already very much aware of the history. Booth has been in this situation before and if I were him I would do everything in the background and negotiate with the said owner away from a public forum.

The last episode was a circus and Booth is a professional, I can guarantee he does not want a repeat of that. I think that is part of the radio silence here on the OP's part.

Could be wrong but odds are it has something to do with it.

•••
The name was purchased on here from @DomainNameBroker.com.

Escrow.com verified the seller and DD was done.

•••
•••
We defended the domain against the claim.

•••
We defended the domain against the claim.

When you say you defended against the claim, do you mean internally within Internet.bs?

As your last and only other comment in this thread stated you were served a FOA notice by internet.bs, and subsequently turned over all records relating to the purchase.

Hello.

Virtual Estate, LLC has, what is believed, rightfully purchased the domain name MCV.COM on September 15, 2017

Virtual Estate,LLC has been served a FOA notice by Internetbs.net and has submitted all documents related to the purchase of the domain name, including but not limited to payment receipt, record of negotiations and ids.

Virtual Estate, LLC is over a decade old domain name investment firm and has done thorough dud diligence when purchasing the domain name MCV.COM

The domain name MCV.COM has been taken off market for the time of the investigation.

Kind regards,

DomainNameBroker.com

•••
Back