Dynadot

Developed vs. Not?

NameSilo
Watch
Total Newbie questions here; Sorry.

How is a domain "developed" vs. not having it developed? Is it a matter of creating an actual website with purpose or with affilliate links as opposed to parking with sedo or domainhop?

I have approx. 40 .com domains + another 20 .info freebies and I'm trying to determine the best route. Currently my .com's are parked at sedo, but very slow!

Is there a good resource in understanding developing options and/or parking to optimize revenue?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a developed web site means there is some usefull content on it, parking it at sedo does not mean it is developed

generally domains are worth more if they have a developed site to go along with them

•••
Your not going to make any real money parking domains unless you play big and have deep pockets. The average payout for PPC is under a buck per click. Developed vs. park is a simple question to answer, developement. What do you think a PPC company is? A developed site!

•••
Development generally refers to relevant content and an actual site. See the Developed Sites for Sale section for some examples.

•••
jroy said:
a developed web site means there is some usefull content on it, parking it at sedo does not mean it is developed

generally domains are worth more if they have a developed site to go along with them
yeah but it takes time to develop sites

•••
Well, and I realise "developed" sites (with paid templates) are not worthy at all. Those sites are being sold about the same price as the domain itself. And somehow, you have to pay the rights to sell the templates, so literally you don't earn from the site sale. Just my 2cents.

•••
develop a domain where you are able. It can raise its value manyfold. Parking it can bring in some $$$ too, but that would depend on the popularity of your keywords/parts/domain to begin with, which if they're not generating much type-in traffic may only earn you minimal (read: minuscule) or near nonexistent income.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back