IT.COM

showcase Developed .ORG for-profit websites

NameSilo
Watch

Nametree

Nametree.comTop Member
Impact
Hey Namepros,

I'm interested in discovering for-profit websites/businesses developed on .org - I haven't seen a thread on NP on this specific niche and I'm looking for some inspiration.

Two examples that come to mind for me are mission.org and narrative.org.

.org isn't the most obvious choice for startups, with many looking at .co and .io first - but there's an inherent trust that comes with .org, which some industries (like crypto) have tapped into. I'm particularly looking for examples that are not crypto.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Earning via selling products vs. info + ad placement are 2 totally different things imo. I wouldn't try selling products on one (though it would work), but providing info and affiliate links works very well. goldchart.org one of mine

Last edited:
•••
Coffee.org

Coffee.org is a nice example, that seems like it was a sizable purchase too. ($100K in 2008)

@Isac helprefugee.org does not resolve. Is that a domain you're promoting? This is not a showcase for domains we own, please read the first post.

•••
I don't know about "profit" but in terms of audience....

This is big...huge...

NPR.org

...and very reputable and packs wealth of information from all niches..

I remember I heard they tried to get .com version for many years but owner asked very high price...
Sorry couldn't find the podcast episode on DNW/Domain Sherpa...

I think it is not related to this thread....?! Still posted anyway..

Thanks

•••
Bitcoin.org everyone is familiar with this

•••
Back