Domain Empire

DesktopCatcher software

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paul123

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone.

Just interested to hear if anyone has had any experience of software you can buy for drop catching. With drop catchers all allowing multiple back orders and then going to auction, it makes sense to buy the software if it works ? The cost is around $200 which is a good investment if it catches a few good domains. Maybe it's worth buying a few different software packages to stand a better chance of catching a good domain ?

Any thoughts please ?

Best,
Paul

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I find the software great to catch names in the hand reg field that I would miss to other hand reggers due to the fact I'm on the other side of the world and domains drop during the middle of the night for me.

•••
Someone who leaves a review of something they have never used is a troll, it's as simple as that. You seem to have a misconception of what the software claims it does. I think Golan shows how to put the software to good use.

You're right only a fool would be driven away from something listening to a review from someone who admits they have never used it, let alone paid for it. Most people use common sense, visit the website, see the money back guarantee, search around, make an informed decision based on the facts at hand not the gibbering of someone who doesn't know what it's for.

Funny thing is no one else is backing you up, let alone anyone who has bought it.

•••
Anyway, all someone needs to do is go to the sites homepage and see the names the software recently caught

The software has the option to turn off reporting of caught domains, and I will bet most of us do turn it off.

Not everyone who uses this software understands what a good domain is and some users are sure to use it to catch domains many of us would not consider "good".

That does not mean the software is not good.

•••
•••
How to reinstall this software, I changed my PC.

I have already purchased it one year before?

•••
@DTR Alex - shoot @FPForum a PM or email, he always has excellent customer service.

PS The newest update included a minor request I had been hoping for, and it works perfectly (numbering instances). Thanks again!

•••
@stewmath - this is a great question, namesilo has $50 prefund, dynadot no minimum prefund but prices are higher per registration until you hit $500 for year and InternetBS is $65 and has API limit. RRPproxy you need a biz license then prefund is $120ish, do not bother with gandi or enom since neither has realtime registration. Actually you can fund Gandi with a low amount like $20 and never actually use it because they allow multi threading, it will check names using gandi API then another registrar will catch! Those are all I have personally, so maybe some other users can chime in with the other handful.

Also if you sign up with @FPForum link to AJM Domains they have low $25 prefunding, but they have an API limit
http://reseller.ajm.domains/reseller.php?action=signup

What types of names are you looking to catch, like what TLDs? That will help point you toward the best registrars to use.

•••
Sometimes might be worth still going after a name even if its preordered on snapnames, unless its a name thats on a registrar which is partnered with snapnames. Then yeah dont bother.

The problem with snapnames is due to the agreement with those registrars they dont even need to attempt to catch those donains. They just put an order in through the registrar while its still in pending delete and rather than deleting the name they just swap the owner directly over to snapnames.

Its pretty dishonest and unfair in my opinion

•••
Hello !

error from April 2017

DynaDot Thread Exception [Logged] Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

What to do ? Thanks

•••
@GeorgeQuang & @davidc1 it would really depend. Higher demand names which are sure to have multiple backorders will not be likely to grab. But, I've had people tell me they've beat personal backorders at multiple places in the past. It can be done. But once again, there are other variables that would come into that. The demand of backorders would certainly be one of them.

•••
Thanks for your share @Haris! HD definitely grabs more than their fair share of names each day, lol. But also as you mentioned, there are still plenty of good opportunities out there.

@AlexR thanks for posting! There aren't any Black Friday discounts this year, however we are still running the 10% discount which you can grab the coupon code for on the first page of this thread.

•••
@FPForum What are the extensions supported by the software ? I could not find any info on this on your website.

This varies from one registrar to another, but there are several extensions supported. If you visit the website and look at the individual registrars under the Features menu, you should see the supported extensions listed there. Obviously all support the major ones like com/net, most support other popular extensions like org/biz/info, and there are at least a few that support ccTLDs like in/uk/eu/nl/it..etc

•••
@Primary Names

I've sold domains that I caught using DesktopCatcher for more than what I spent on the software. Like many others have said, it's not going to beat DropCatch, NameJet, or Snapnames but for me it has at times beaten Pheenix, Dynadot, and GoDaddy backorders. If you use it wisely and don't set unrealistic expectations I think it's a good tool for catching some domains that you can sell for a decent profit.

•••
@~Kingpin~ - Thanks for your post, and for your interest in the software! Although there isn't a trial version available I do offer 7-Day 100% refunds on lifetime license key purchases. If you'd like to try the software out let me know and I could even look to extend that for you.

@DTR Alex - Thanks for sharing your review and some of the names you've caught on here. It helps to have some of the users share their personal experience and names they've caught..etc. for others to see. I completely agree with you about name quality and that leads into my next response for @Primary Names. People drop catch for a variety of reasons as some do it more for investing, some for developing, some for traffic. Lots of people use the software for different reasons. As for the names listed on the site - only those who have the option to share successful grabs enabled in the software will appear there. Most people disable this option so your not quite seeing what everyone catches.

Another thanks going out to @boziffous for sharing his experience as well. I wouldn't recommend the software to anyone who is going after big backorders. This software will not beat DropCatch, NameJet, or SnapNames. If it did trust me, the price tag would be significantly higher on it. I've heard of several people beating their own backorders at places boziffous listed but just like him, but it's not very likely to happen against the big outlets. @Primary Names or anyone else - Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know what kinds of names you are interested in going after (investment/domaining types of names, traffic domains, PBN-type domains for development/SEO, or whatever else you're thinking about), and I'd be happy to share what I've found to be your best odds at catching stuff. I've got no problems chatting and discussing before you buy if you're not really sure it'll catch what you're interested in.

Last edited:
•••
@FPForum

I am interested in your program. I was wondering how it handles "competition" for the same name from another person that uses your software and the same registrar API (let's say Dynadot)?

•••
@element.4seo - Contact form on the website is working fine. I've been receiving emails without issues. Not sure where you saw my ICQ or who told you to contact me that way, but I don't use ICQ. However, I am almost always on Skype and can also be contacted via message on NamePros anytime. The chat room is currently offline in the software since I've disabled the chat server. I was considering removing that feature since it wasn't being used much. If users are wanting it available though, I can always look at getting that turned back on.

@Recons.Com - DynaDot is the one registrar which uses a priority system for their API. If two users were running separate registrars they would essentially each have the same chance at getting the name. With DynaDot, they use your yearly spending/depositing along with the number of requests you've sent in the last 24hrs to come up with a priority score. Those with a higher priority will likely get off more requests than those with lower priority. If you had 2 people chasing the same name with just DynaDot and one had $100 yearly spending and the other had $1000 yearly spending - the one with higher spending would stand the better chance of being successful. At the same time, if the one with $1000 yearly spending was running the API all day long as opposed to the one with lower spending only running the API for 5 minutes, then things would be a bit more even. The number of daily requests being sent does play a role in your priority score.

@wayne wooldridge - You also have some good points in your response. The number of domains being checked and internet connection can both effect speed as well. When it comes to 2 people chasing the same name API priority is probably the biggest thing. But keep in mind, DynaDot is the only one that uses priority in their API.

•••
@Cdomains DesktopCatcher has a new owner now. You need to contact them through the website's contact page. It took them a while to get back to me though when I had an issue. Have not been using it for quite some time now.

•••
Where did you get this?
@golan Here is a relevant part of our last conversation. Oct 17th 2018.

fpforum.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-6_15-39-49.png
    upload_2019-1-6_15-39-49.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 175
•••
All I'm saying is, if this was a promo thread made by the author, I'd totally agree.

It's not. It's an open discussion made by some random member RE: desktop catching software as far as I can tell.

•••
so bad for this software, i use it for years for all my regfee needed domains, before i used my own php script but DC is more handy and we had great software with the creator.

now the offer is much more different than before, it's seems it's the end...
$70 per month is much more expensive than the price before...

Do you know some others ?

It is absolutely not the end, it is the beginning of the next level. I don't really understand your worry, since you have your own copy of it which is not influenced with the change.

Earlier we had tons of buyers who thought the software will beat DropCatch/Netsol and after three days they wrote us a message that the software is not good for anything and want their money back. So this is surely not good for the buyers and not good for us. The current subscribers think it twice before starting and better understand what the software is good for and for them it is worth the subscription fee. So I have to say that the current buyer behavior is much more healthier than the earlier.

Those who know what to do - like you - can make hundreds or thousands a month with the software, so compare the subscription fee with that profit levels. And still anyone can send us a message and we will try to find a better suited payment model. E.g. we offer a discount for those who run the software on their own computer. A lifetime subscription for a price of one regular backorder simply cannot work in long term. Or if you compare dropking with us, they ask $150/registrar, which means we should sell the software for $1500. You can be sure we will give you a lifetime licence for much less.

What you also know that we had a soft launch of the web version of the software on AutoBackorder.com

It will be publicly available soon and the software and web version will be complementary to each other and promote each other. We will check which version our users prefer and make the decisions on the further developments based on that. But I can say with 100% confidence that DesktopCatcher software is not going to die, oppositely, there will be serious developments there.

•••
Try reinstalling the software.

I actually just found out what it was, my file in appdata folder was too big, over 2 gigs, deleted it and now it works! How it helps someone else some day!

•••
Any ideas how to figure out in advance if pendingDelete .co will become registry premium or not after deletion? It is needed to not spend time backordering premium domain.
you can go on dynadot backorders here,and search for .co domain that you plan to catch,if it is premium it will show premium price for backorder

•••
namesilo is very very slow...
much faster to order thru their website than their api.

•••
To be frank, I didn't have high expectation when I purchased, but it surprised me with 10 catches out of 24. Next day I caught 7 out of 16.

Also, Andrew is very helpful and supportive. He explains things in every minute detail.

It certainly sounds worth the investment. Domainerfella would you mind sharing some domains that you successfully caught please ?

Thanks Paul

•••
I Just Purchased both software copy , will add my review later.
I have few questions how you guys able to separate out keyword domain names from thousands of name or from big files is there any software which tell which name is good out of all names.
I m also member of freshdrop.com and estibot.com but i do not see any function to find only few names from big files.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back