Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
appraisals please. It's a really old name

There's money in dentistry etc etc :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
high xxxx to end user

just search the top 100 cities in USA for dental center those cities

lots of cities have a 'dental center' operating and they're not a franchise, so some doctors created local practices as 'dental center'

so if they're nyc dental center and have nycdentalcenter.com they would pay high xxxx for it

over xxxx I doubt any dentists will part with that much dough, they don't 'need' it

they own the geodentalcenter.com or their namedentalcenter.com or some adjectivedentalcenter.com

so end user is already using somethingdentalcenter.com and that is a very limited market but 5k or 8K should be found pretty easily

minor money but not bad for paying reg fees for a short time and even 20 years is a short time

I'd find the end user now and move onto better names

decent name though just a very limited end user market and I dont' think a speculator will give you even low xxxx for it

mid xxx from a speculator maybe

good luck, decent name though

•••
Very good name..can achieve 15k+ for right end user

•••
high xxxx to end user

decent name though just a very limited end user market and I dont' think a speculator will give you even low xxxx for it

mid xxx from a speculator maybe

good luck, decent name though

So the end user for you is a dental center? Very limited thinking.

minor money but not bad for paying reg fees for a short time and even 20 years is a short time
I am sure it has already paid the reg fee for the next 10,000 years with minimal work. Of course things have changed in adsense world but

Last edited:
•••
Very good name, but it will be hard to sell for a good price.

At first glance any experienced domainer would say this is a very good name, and it is.

However, the market for this name could be a tough sell if you want to get a high amount for it.

You will need to have a fair amount of luck and find a dentist / end user who appreciates the value of this name and is willing to part with the big $$.

It is too easy for them to easily add the geo term to the name and be satisfied with that.

You might have better luck trying to sell this name as an e-commerce site that sells dental supplies to dentists.

Looking at it this way you might be able to get the good price this name deserves.

•••
Personally, I wouldn't sell this for less than 15k, this has great development potential in the medical field as well. It goes way beyond your "mom and pop" dental clinics. There are some big medical media companies that have domains like this and use them as info sites, for example Yourdentistryguide.com/, which is run by Ceatus Media Group. Dental Center would fit perfectly in the portfolio of websites for companies like this, because its a top medical keyword+center. Great name for the field and thats what people really need to be looking at when making these kind of appraisals.

Reseller $1k to $3k.

End User $10k minimum. If you want to sell it quick, $7.5k but I really wouldn't be keen on selling it for mid 4 figures.

Last edited:
•••
So the end user for you is a dental center? Very limited thinking.

I am sure it has already paid the reg fee for the next 10,000 years with minimal work. Of course things have changed in adsense world but
No one looks for 'dental center' the big gun is 'dentist(s)'

so it has no 'development' potential and it's future home for a dentist already using the phrase most likely with a geo right now

dentist(s) is the gem and any prefix with that keyword is gold to mine in development

that's my opinion as a developer and domain name speculator/investor

it's not 'limited' it's my real life opinion doing this for over 20 years

•••
No one looks for 'dental center' the big gun is 'dentist(s)'

so it has no 'development' potential and it's future home for a dentist already using the phrase most likely with a geo right now

dentist(s) is the gem and any prefix with that keyword is gold to mine in development

that's my opinion as a developer and domain name speculator/investor

it's not 'limited' it's my real life opinion doing this for over 20 years

The niche word is dental not dentist, you don't buy "dentist" coverage you buy dental coverage. I don't go to a "dentist clinic " to get my teeth checked I go to a dental clinic. Dental is the consumer facing terminology, dentist refers directly to the occupation. I can't believe you've been doing this for years if you are appraising with such poor logic. Dental is the consumer facing keyword and that is undoubtedly where the majority of money goes into advertising.

Medical insurance is also another niche this name covers.....this name has many profitable uses.

•••
The niche word is dental not dentist, you don't buy "dentist" coverage you buy dental coverage..
A dental center is where dentists do dental work

Just learn how to use adwords search tools

The money for development is dentist(s) not dental

Very few searches for dental anything and agreed dental insurance is a nice niche, but the only companies selling it are large companies not local professionals and you can expect dental center to pull a niche audience on dental insurance searches

Like I said the only way to make money on this is find a dentist already trading as geo or whatever dental center and let them take it off your hands for mid to high xxxx

Other than that very limited potential end user, there is nothing good about the domain

It's too limited in who can buy it and there is not development potential on it

•••
As I expected your only focusing on one facet of a multifaceted name. The word center implies service, information and purchasing. It can be used as an info site, a client facing website for a dental group or a dental insurance affiliate or "center" for an insurance company. You have to look at all the possibilities for a name when you appraise not stick to your literal definition of what something is. Your appraisal is poor because if you were to apply your logic to words like vision then they would be given even lower value because, apparently optometrists would be the only end user and "no one searches" for it. Search volume doesn't matter with names like this before because the value and possible uses are very, very clear, it's not one dimensional . I don't think you should be promoting yourself as a professional appraiser if your not able to understand where value is derived.

•••
Cdomains
A dental center is where dentists do dental work

Very few searches for dental anything and agreed dental insurance is a nice niche, but the only companies selling it are large companies not local professionals and you can expect dental center to pull a niche audience on dental insurance searches

Like I said the only way to make money on this is find a dentist already trading as geo or whatever dental center and let them take it off your hands for mid to high xxxx

Other than that very limited potential end user, there is nothing good about the domain

It's too limited in who can buy it and there is not development potential on it

So you have 20 years experience. Did you check when this site was registered? I told you it has probably made 10,000 years registration fee (do the math) with less than a week development.

Adwords search tools means jack: most clicks aren't for "dentist" at all but for long keywords.

Now, virtually every dental "practice" is a dental center. You can do a side directory, put dental info articles or WHATEVER, make it a virtual dental center, sell dental products, do dentist websites, insurance and all. Ooops, I mentioned that damn name, dental center. https://www.google.com/search?q="dental+center" take a look...

there is not development potential on it
Change your username. Seriously. This is a .com, in a category where a root canal and a cap can cost as much as $5000 (well, in NYC anyway)

Last edited:
•••

You have to remember it is the dentist who will buy the name and not the people who search for the terms.

While the search terms used to find dental services are relevant, the important thing is if dentists are OK with the term "dental".

If they are then they will be OK with using that term in a name regardless of what search terms are used to find dentists or dental services.

In the end it only matters what the end user thinks about the name as they are the ones who are laying out the $ to buy that name.

•••
As I expected your only focusing on one facet of a multifaceted name. The word center implies service, information and purchasing. .

This name has zero potential for development

Dentist(s) is a development term

Dental Insurance is a development term

Dental Center has no development potential it's a dog for development

Just my opinion and I actually DEVELOP keywords all the time

But you're welcome to your opinion, but you have no insight into what I do or how I do it

I'm not saying I'm a professional appraiser here, you are

Show me one time I made the claim, so your statement is false

•••
Cdomains

Change your username. Seriously. This is a .com on a field where a root canal and a cap can cost as much as $5000 (well, in NYC anyway)

I have dentists as clients, not one uses dental center in their business name, like most professionals they trade

name .com or in the case of dentists nameddm.com

when those dentists have me manage their sem budgets, the term 'dental center' is not bought, since no one looks for it

you buy dentist and specific types of dental work, but dental center is not part of the equation

nothing wrong with my name here I own the .com, in fact it's for sale

•••
I have dentists as clients, not one uses dental center in their business name, like most professionals they trade

name .com or in the case of dentists nameddm.com

when those dentists have me manage their sem budgets, the term 'dental center' is not bought, since no one looks for it

you buy dentist and specific types of dental work, but dental center is not part of the equation

nothing wrong with my name here I own the .com, in fact it's for sale

who cares what they buy ? That it has no development potential it's already proven false over the past 10-15 years, IIRC even $15 adsense clicks.

Now regarding what dentists use in their name ... let's see https://www.google.com/search?q=dental+center

•••
If they are then they will be OK with using that term in a name regardless of what search terms are used to find dentists or dental services.

In the end it only matters what the end user thinks about the name as they are the ones who are laying out the $ to buy that name.

Well I have dentists as clients

Not one uses dental center in their name and not one buys the term in sem, since no one looks for it

All they care about is, can you make me #1 google on ppc and does your content convert better than my lame content created by a guy/girl that is clueless about IM

So usually I put them on a dentist portal we run and then they pay google and other SE's to send traffic to my name not there's

Reasons are

My portals open in under 1 second, most dentists are on lame shared servers that take over 3 to 5 seconds to open

Speed is now the main thing google looks for in SEM QS scores and also it is main thing in seo

So my clients can try to buy ppc to send to a slow site and the reality is their content stinks and their opentimes result in 50% to 90% loss of users due to no one waits over 5 seconds today and at 3 seconds you lost 50% of ppc traffic

A dentist cares about one thing, ROI and only a dentist already using 'dental center' will invest in this name

It's no good for development and 99% of dentists would see no reason to own it

It's not their name and the name has no major value for getting results in sem or seo

•••
idomainappraisal, once again: this is NOT a name for a single dentist /dental center. Or it's not the best use.

•••
adsense is the worse way to monetize a domain name asset

if the owner of the name has any income from adsense great

I doubt it is much

but if they do, then the name can also be valued on income it produces but the income is controlled by google and google is like the wind, it changes daily

I'm sure some speculators have an adsense valuation formula they use

very minor probably since adsense can change drastically

adsense is not a dependable income to put much value into

I've seen speculators offer 2 or 3 months of adsense income as what they view the income as being worth

•••
Well I have dentists as clients

Not one uses dental center in their name and not one buys the term in sem, since no one looks for it

All they care about is, can you make me #1 google on ppc and does your content convert better than my lame content created by a guy/girl that is clueless about IM

So usually I put them on a dentist portal we run and then they pay google and other SE's to send traffic to my name not there's

Reasons are

My portals open in under 1 second, most dentists are on lame shared servers that take over 3 to 5 seconds to open

Speed is now the main thing google looks for in SEM QS scores and also it is main thing in seo

So my clients can try to buy ppc to send to a slow site and the reality is their content stinks and their opentimes result in 50% to 90% loss of users due to no one waits over 5 seconds today and at 3 seconds you lost 50% of ppc traffic

A dentist cares about one thing, ROI and only a dentist already using 'dental center' will invest in this name

It's no good for development and 99% of dentists would see no reason to own it

It's not their name and the name has no major value for getting results in sem or seo

I don't dispute what you say, and you seem to have a lot of experience with this niche, and I can appreciate that.

However, there are dentists who use the term "dental center" in their name so there is some potential for a sale here.

Now regarding what dentists use in their name ... let's see https://www.google.com/search?q=dental+center

•••
idomainappraisal, once again: this is NOT a name for a single dentist /dental center. Or it's not the best use.

I think you need to read the rules

You post a name and people give OPINIONS

Why are you arguing

I see you are the OP, so what is the monthly income from adsense

I've seen speculators offer 2 or 3 times adesense monthly for such domains

So what is it producing

I myself don't like adsense, I hate google for many reasons, but they're like the IRS a necessary evil you deal with

Anyway, whatever the adsense is, multiply it by 3 months and that is the low end of the value

That will be way under what I said to do, mid to high xxxx to a dentist with dental center in their name

Now if you are making 3K a month with adsense, great

If not, then my suggestion is the best way to get what it is worth, dump to a dentist using the name, it's not worth developing since adsense is not development IMO

•••
I don't dispute what you say, and you seem to have a lot of experience with this niche, and I can appreciate that.

However, there are dentists who use the term "dental center" in their name so there is some potential for a sale here.

Exactly what I said is the value, it's not a development .com

SELL to a dentist already using dental center and get your money out

Now the OP seems to have developed it and claims to make 15 cpc from adsense, so whatever he makes adsense I think 3 months adsense income is normal as low end today

So whatever is the income x 3 months is value and that will be way lower than the sale to end user already using 'dental center' in their name

This often happens here, an owner doesn't like opinions and then blasts the person giving their opinion

My opinion is, it's not a development .com

yet the op is saying he makes adsense off it, so real simple then 3 months time adsense and that's low end value

•••
Exactly what I said is the value, it's not a development .com

SELL to a dentist already using dental center and get your money out

I agree it is best to sell to a dentist and cash out, however there is dev potential if someone wants to dev an e-commerce site with it.

A "dental center" could also be a place the sells everything related to dental such as dental supplies.

•••
nothere I'm gonna give you a real professional bit of advice

nice job 20K pages indexed in google

the problem is it's not wordpress

so find a guy/girl to get it into wordpress

then get wp clone

then start to clone your site on way better names for dentists

20K pages on a wordpress site you can clone, you can sell dentist directories all day long

so 20K pages = money

your problem is it's bootstrap not WP

once you get into WP you use WP CLONE to clone it all day on way better terms for dentist

anyway, since most names here are for names only I didn't even bother to look at the url

now that you're harping about adsense etc, okay, it's developed

it's a failure too, so little traffic you don't even have an alexa

so any adsense is probably you using proxies or different ip/devices to churn a little minor coin

no alexa means FAILURE yet 20K pages = nice bit of data in a legit niche DENTISTS

So getting it into wordpress and cloning on better domains can let you sell it over and over to newbs not realizing they are getting a cloned directory

For boostrap lovers, WP is the most use css around the themes and plugins are great

Only problem is on shared networks with lots of WP users the load on the servers make the sites slow dogs

Typical WP site on godaddy 2mb now takes 10 seconds to load, yet IF DONE RIGHT on a cloud network built for wordpress the same 2MB site can open in 600 to 900 milliseconds

Today we only do WP development since we mastered it in the cloud environment

That being said, if bootstrap has a plugin line WP clone do the clone in bootstrap

the money in this domain is the 20K pages indexed in google

that is PORTAL type development so the development has legit value if you can get it onto a way better name that will result in way more organic traffic

you can see how the name is now, NO ALEXA it's why you should never had used it for development

Same content 20K pages with good seo on a fast network on a legit dentist keyword .com would mean strong alexa and then you have traffic to monetize it

right now no alexa means failure

but nice job 20K pages

Last edited:
•••
it's a failure too, so little traffic you don't even have an alexa

so any adsense is probably you using proxies or different ip/devices to churn a little minor coin
Now you're getting out of hand and accusing me of fraud, so you should watch your mouth. I've had adsense since 2003, made $XXX,XXX with zero warnings.

I never said I made that much today, yesterday or last year. Place a $10,000 bet and I'll show adsense figures over the past 10-15 years. I never said to value the site, as it is now, I specifically said name.

It' not my fault you made a fool of yourself as an appraiser in this thread.

FYI: I've had 90,000+ pages on Googe with a diff template and quite a bit of traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Now you're getting out of hand and accusing me of fraud, so you should watch your mouth. I've had adsense sinc 2003 with zero warnings.

I never said I made that much today, yesterday or last year. Place a $10,000 bet and I'll show adsense figures over the past 10-15 years. I never said to value the site, as it is now, I specifically said name.

It' not my fault you made a fool of yourself as an appraiser in this thread.

My opinion is the name is a dog and yet you claim to have adsense and that is not part of normal appraisals here and you sure didn't say you had it in first post

you have NO ALEXA that means NO TRAFFIC and yet you got 20K wasted pages indexed

LOL

so adsense with or without fraud is still income

since you have NO ALEXA the adsense is minor and with 20K pages your alexa should be rocking

So now you can see why I said NEVER DEVELOP IT

Reason is even with portal level development which 20K pages is, you have no traffic

So adense is MINOR by your own admissions, well adsense income is often sold as a multiple of 3 months so that is the value of your 20K pages on a dog rocket domain

Now dumping it to a dentist now using dental center should be way more than 3 months adsense

the real asset is the quality of the 20K pages and if that is worth cloning on way better names for a directory of dentists

that's my opinion and you shouldn't be bashing anyone that gives you an opinion here

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back