Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
appraisals please. It's a really old name

There's money in dentistry etc etc :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
appraisals please . It's a really old name

There's money in dentistry etc etc :)

see first post no mention it is developed nor has income

so name value is dog rocket for development

yet mid xxxx to a dentist using the term already

find a buyer and if the content is legit clone it onto a better dentist domain

•••
How's that 1eMail.com thing going? People must be going nuts to get it first. You should also get 101010101email.com just to be sure.

Traffic, FYI, depends of how much attention you have paid lately to a site. So if you neglect the site for 5-10 years, obviously you'll have no meaningful traffic. But it doesn't mean it it ever had traffic

But you win, you're the idomainappraisal, a legit authority. Please don't post here anymore. I get it. The name has a value of $9.99 and I don't need your appraisal certificate.

•••
email.com value mega millions
iemail.com bad prefix
eemail.com bad prefix
1email.com only legit 1 character prefix for email portal

so to a company that wants to develop an 'email portal' it's probably the best prefix for email you can get

let's see google did gmail bypassed the whole email thing
MS did hotmail bypassing email
yahoo has their mail on their name

So those are the big 3 email portals

AOL used to be the main email portal and who uses AOL now? Not many

We actually PAID to buy the name a nice amount since we have lots of 1 Portals developed

Forums and email are no longer in our plans so we are dumping both and yes WE BOUGHT BOTH for potential development

Now we have no plans for them

Anyway, you can criticize 1email and even 1forums

they have value just like dental center has value but you don't like my opinion that the most value is very limited

now iforums and eforums would be better than iemail or eemail

So with email, the 1 is the best prefix going and I didn't ask for your opinion or I would have started a thread for it

•••
The domain itself is easily worth 5 figures IMO.

Brad

•••
The domain itself is easily worth 5 figures IMO.

Brad

datacenter.com 500,000 USD 2014-06-11 Private
datacenter.com 352,500 USD 2011-06-21 Sedo
datacenters.com 190,000 USD 2013-10-16 Uniregistry
treatmentcenters.com 100,000 USD 2007-07-10 Afternic
centerfolds.com 82,000 USD 2008-01-21 Sedo
citycenter.com 72,250 USD 2006-09-12 SnapNames
loancenter.com 50,000 USD 2013-12-25 Sedo
vitamincenter.com 35,000 USD 2011-12-30 Sedo
injurycenter.com 20,000 USD 2010-11-25 Sedo
golfcenter.com 19,000 USD 2013-03-13 GoDaddy

I'd price it inbetween CityCentre.com and LoanCenter.com but honestly, if the OP is stubborn on his valuation he get more.

My RETAIL valuation is $65k+, Also not sure what the other guy was saying--->"no one is searching for dental centre" My GAKP says 9,900/monthly searches with a CPC of $3.18, so its definitely an emd with lots of potential once developed.

•••
Thank you guys. Now how would you sell /market it ?

•••
so its definitely an emd with lots of potential once developed.

the site is a dog, it has 20K pages indexed in Google and guess what NO ALEXA

3 buck cpc is low grade

cpc is way higher for legit dentistry keywords with way over 9K searches

so all that development was done so badly it gets no traffic

now if the data is dentists data that can be redone so it pops on a better keyword for dentists, the data may be worth something

compared to some of the names you used

datacenter.com that's a huge term in tech

tech companies throw money at names, dentists are cheap

treatmentcenter.com a great rehab medical term, money again

dentalcenter.com no one is looking for the term that's why a 20K page site has no alexa

•••
Thank you guys. Now how would you sell /market it ?

I'm sure you would have a chance at the media options newsletter.

•••
high 4 low 5 figures to an end user enough said. Don't have the skills to hit that Mark I'd hire a broker then.

•••
high 4 low 5 figures to an end user enough said. Don't have the skills to hit that Mark I'd hire a broker then.

Take heed to this, experienced members have been consistent with a 5 figure evaluation. Nothing more to be said. I'm very happy for you OP. I hope you can get a great sale for this name :)

•••
Once again thanks. Gonna try emailing some dental companies on my own and then maybe hire a broker. Aiming to sell direct to be best end user.

•••
Once again thanks. Gonna try emailing some dental companies on my own and then maybe hire a broker. Aiming to sell direct to be best end user.
Contact medical marketing and dental insurance firms as well, its a competitive name.

•••
thanks @slader23, found a lot of decent sized companies that may want the name. Apparently Americans spend more than $100 billion on yearly dental care.

•••
It's a very good domain, but has both strong points and weak points. If you type 'dentalcenter.com' in its entirety into Google, you'll see that it is indeed a very common pairing... after 20 pages of top-to-bottom search results of dental centers ALL ending in dentalcenter, I stopped looking. You'll see that it is a very common - in fact pretty much the accepted - term.

That being said, it also makes it a bit of a hard sell, because most companies really want a descriptive term in there as well, like Hillside Dental Center or Jimbob's Dental Center or WhiterTeeth Dental Center, etc, to describe either the area or the owners or even just the image they want to portray. Just 'dental center' has no descriptive term.

Also, though they charge a lot of moolah, dental centers also have high costs of equipment, employees, insurance, etc. It's going to take a very large and lucrative one to buy this domain for a hefty price... and as I mentioned, most of them want a more branded approach with a descriptive keyword. Might get a buyer from among the many large dental centers out there, might not. Seems like a domain that would sell better to someone who has an online business rather than a real world tooth business, because it's more generic and it's ideal for a store. Hard to call this one.

But definitely has strong value, just depends who comes knocking with an offer. A large center, or perhaps a chain of them, might like to rebrand to this because it's definitive. I'd look for centers that have at least a handful of satellite clinics within a large city or county, and outbound email them. And I'd email any website that has an electronic dental biz, like selling equipment, machines, supplies, books, etc, a manufacturer or retailer might really like to rebrand to this. Look at any large dental equipment manufacture on Alibaba and email them too.

Wide swing in valuation; reseller price anywhere in the mid x,xxx at least; end user anywhere in the five figures (Hey, do you think if one of the 'big' domainers had this, they wouldn't get at least that much with all their leads/know-how?). A sober price would be low xx,xxx. With the right buyer and the right negotiation, might get that to mid xx,xxx or better.

My valuation is for the domain alone. I know you've done a lot with it, so of course having a lot of content, links, leads, traffic etc will drive that price up considerably, but I'm not going to try figure all that out for you :)

Good luck, nice domain

•••
I like the domain too.
There are quite a few domain names using longer variations of this name. There are potential buyers, even though they might find the name too generic.
I found dozens of reported sales for the keyword 'dental', which is a good sign, but the average sales prices is not high.
A dentist probably makes less than a surgeon, even in the US so I guess end users are not going to pay that much. I would aim for mid-4 figures. Good luck.

•••
I like the domain too.
There are quite a few domain names using longer variations of this name. There are potential buyers, even though they might find the name too generic.
I found dozens of reported sales for the keyword 'dental', which is a good sign, but the average sales prices is not high.
A dentist probably makes less than a surgeon, even in the US so I guess end users are not going to pay that much. I would aim for mid-4 figures. Good luck.

Yes, but the word "Center" adds value to the name.

datacenter.com 500,000 USD 2014-06-11 Private
datacenter.com 352,500 USD 2011-06-21 Sedo
citycenter.com 72,250 USD 2006-09-12 SnapNames
loancenter.com 50,000 USD 2013-12-25 Sedo
vitamincenter.com 35,000 USD 2011-12-30 Sedo
injurycenter.com 20,000 USD 2010-11-25 Sedo
golfcenter.com 19,000 USD 2013-03-13 GoDaddy
healthcenter.com 16,766 USD 2009-06-30 NameJet
carcenter.com 16,000 USD 2008-06-25 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
recyclingcenter.com 13,750 USD 2007-04-03 Moniker

By discounting "Data Center" once because it was bought and then resold, 33% percent of the highest selling word+center names have been in the medical/health field and 22% have been directly medical/insurance related. In comparison to the other top sales the medical/health insurance related field accounts for the highest proportion of sales within that keyword combination. This is a trend that cannot be overlooked.

I think mid x,xxx is a good number for resellers.

•••
Thanks @Bannen. It's generic but in a good way. Initially, I am aiming to sell to companies that cater to dental centers. We know that resellers want their 500% margins :)

@Kate I am not aiming to sell this to a dental center. see above, dental centers have a lot of needs and hundreds of companies compete to provide them those.

Like with any sale, you need to find the right guy to the company ad they need to be forward thinking: "Buy a name for $xx,xxx when I can buy for $10 we-cater-toyou-dentalcenter.info?" :)

•••
I like it !

I agree though, this will be a difficult sale if you go down the road !

I would suggest building a directory for your local dentists and then building off that into 2 or 3 states, build up traffic, start charging money for advertising dental care, and then try 10 states, and then 20 states, manage your payroll and you could become a multi million dollar company off this name ! I have no doubt whatsoever ...

Good work ! Get you an SEO and get a mining pick and get to work

•••
I like it !

I agree though, this will be a difficult sale if you go down the road !

I would suggest building a directory for your local dentists and then building off that into 2 or 3 states, build up traffic, start charging money for advertising dental care, and then try 10 states, and then 20 states, manage your payroll and you could become a multi million dollar company off this name ! I have no doubt whatsoever ...

Good work ! Get you an SEO and get a mining pick and get to work

I know Alessandro. In the past years I did very well with adsense alone with zero SEO or investment. The problem is that I could use the money for something right now. I have 2 top names for sale and honestly I hope I sell the other one (which IMO is even better).

Thanks again for the encouraging words. I'm hoping that someone else with the infrastructure in place buys it, and builds that million dollar business. People need dentists and they will probably visit dental centers even 50 years from now.

Last edited:
•••
Sent dozens and dozens of emails to companies that sell "online services' to dentists and a few dental supply makers in China :)

•••
Sent dozens and dozens of emails to companies that sell "online services' to dentists and a few dental supply makers in China :)
Keep track of emails using streak or some other extensions and if you have any specific ones in mind for which you can not find any emails or something, let me know if i can help. PS its a very good name and i hope you sell it well, Cheers.

•••
Keep track of emails using streak or some other extensions and if you have any specific ones in mind for which you can not find any emails or something, let me know if i can help. PS its a very good name and i hope you sell it well, Cheers.

Sadly did not use streak or anything. Will search for and use it. The price can limit the field but hopefully the emails reach the right people and in the day, weeks or months to come they make offers.

IMO I can sell it in a day if I could talk in person to a few big companies, especially those in China

•••
Sadly did not use streak or anything. Will search for and use it. The price can limit the field but hopefully the emails reach the right people and in the day, weeks or months to come they make offers.

IMO I can sell it in a day if I could talk in person to a few big companies, especially those in China
I used to sell emails for fun in freelancing ;) Maybe i can help you a bit if you can tell me a bit more about companies you are targeting, Streak is absolutely free and you can even schedule emails with it so i guess you'll be fine.

•••
Hi

this is good domain name, but.....

if you add any common sense term or geo/local prefix ie: southsidedentalcenter.com

then any potential would have lots of alternatives.

i'd be curious to know what type-in stats are like.

imo......

•••
Hi

this is good domain name, but.....if you add any common sense term or geo/local prefix ie: southsidedentalcenter.com

Biggie, above I explained that this name is not a good investment for a dental center, unless they have dozens and dozens of chains. So I am not marketing it to them.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back