IT.COM

DELETED Threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I'll ask ONE more time before I finally give up. Maybe that preface will mean that people can abstain from answering the question - again.

If I post on a thread it's frustrating when that thread is DELETED (Moved or whatever politically correct term is used).

Why can't I be informed on where that thread went? Why it went? Who sent it away?

It's annoying when you post on a thread that disappears.

If you don't like the thread in question - why not just close it? Write an update and close it. At least let me know why it happened.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, I will answer one more time for you...

We do not notify the people who post in the thread,
do you really think that is practical -what a waste of time ...

50 people post and we have to send out notices LOL

What particular thread are you talking about by the way?

•••
Our #1 Staff™ have the best qualifications, necessary experience, and judgement to edit or remove threads that they believe is suiting for the rules and/or well being of the Namepros© site / brand ... and, thus, these types of regurgitated public pleads/requests are immature and a waste of time! :gl: :imho:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Wendy

I think that it be a change that could be made to the vB platform to allow posters to see Deleted threads. I don't think manual notification is going to make sense.

This is the SUGGESTION. I'm sure Eric could comment instead of you. It's always you - you're like the only one that cares!

In some cases I think it best to post a comment and CLOSE a thread rather than delete it. That would prevent similar posts from occurring, perhaps.

It was JimboJimbo's thread. Why not just have RJ or NPQ write a comment and CLOSE the thread. The more you treat people like children the more they behave that way.. it works THAT way round in spite of what anyone thinks.

As for Jeff. The #1 Forum™ has an ignore function. Congratulations on being the only member of mine. I can only imagine what salient and important addition you may have made to this thread. Thanks for it, nonetheless. It's sure not a waste of my time.

•••
I can only imagine what salient and important addition you may have made to this thread. Thanks for it, nonetheless. It's sure not a waste of my time.

You're my friend DU, so I will repost it:

:snaphappy::imho::music::gl::talk:™#1

•••
Wendy

I think that it be a change that could be made to the vB platform to allow posters to see Deleted threads. I don't think manual notification is going to make sense.

This is the SUGGESTION. I'm sure Eric could comment instead of you. It's always you - you're like the only one that cares!

In some cases I think it best to post a comment and CLOSE a thread rather than delete it. That would prevent similar posts from occurring, perhaps.

It was JimboJimbo's thread. Why not just have RJ or NPQ write a comment and CLOSE the thread. The more you treat people like children the more they behave that way.. it works THAT way round in spite of what anyone thinks.

As for Jeff. The #1 Forum™ has an ignore function. Congratulations on being the only member of mine. I can only imagine what salient and important addition you may have made to this thread. Thanks for it, nonetheless. It's sure not a waste of my time.

I do care, that's why I always try to respond...

and thanks for the concern about jimbo's thread.....

When I removed it I contacted him directly - since he was the
thread starter.

James and I have already dealt with it, I didn't delete it I
moved it to where jimbo could see it since it was HIS thread...
and I sent a PM to RJ on his behalf and RJ has
already responded.

and leaving deleted threads visible is pointless.
I'm not understanding why you would need them to
be visible? the whole forum...not just .tv - would be full
of deleted but visible spam threads, advertising etc
how if that beneficial to anyone?

•••

Apparently the Ignore function doesn't prevent your continued spam ... please refrain from posting the same thing over and over again (and again carrying over yet another useless ccTLD ".TV" topic/drivel) here in the #1 Suggestions™ Forum)! :yell:

Thread:
http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/681414-when-you-delete-a-thread.html

:zzz:

Thank you for understanding,
Jeff B-)

Added:
defaultuser
Account Closed

Last edited:
•••
I do care, that's why I always try to respond...
I know you do. It's appreciated.

and leaving deleted threads visible is pointless.
I'm not understanding why you would need them to
be visible? the whole forum...not just .tv - would be full
of deleted but visible spam threads, advertising etc
how if that beneficial to anyone?

Because I'm working under the assumption that one can recognize the difference between closing a thread for reason (a) is not the same as reason (b).

You may as well delete this thread. You have my permission. I don't want to waste any more of your time - you have, I'm sure, much better things to do. And if you don't? Well I'm sure you have more interesting things to do? And if you don't - that's why I'm never moving to Canada :)

J.:hearts:

•••
Because I'm working under the assumption that one can recognize the difference between closing a thread for reason (a) is not the same as reason (b).

I do not think you got her point.. If you could see all the deleted threads then you would not be able to find the actual content. In some forums its up to 30-50% of all threads that are spam and needs removal. How would you ever find the quality posts when trying to sort through the spam? BTW, this is one the reasons we have moderation ;)

•••
Who the hell cares if members can see the deleted posts or not. If they can see it.... then what is the meaning of deleting them :D

Only mods should be able to see the deleted threads and if 1000 people have posted on that thread and if that thread vanishes then just move on. It isn't coming back. If a mod feels that a particular thread is not suitable then it is not suitable. That is why a person is appointed as a moderator as admins do consider his or her assessment to be correct regarding that particular section.

If you people want to moderate then you can apply for being a moderator and see it isn't fun deleting other people's threads and moving stuff around.

Moderators are volunteers here and they do give their time to keep this place clean and provide grounds for ethical business to prosper.

Moreover a moderator always tries to provide a reason for deleting a particular thread or post. Which normal users are not able to see. So we do have transparency in moderation too. Where a moderator is not a dictator but he has to put in the reason or a small comment for his actions. All other moderators, team leaders and admins can see why a moderator took particular action. :)

So feel relaxed there is enough transparency already into the system.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back