Dynadot

information Decentralization.com Just Closed at $5,050

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been watching the Decentralization.com domain auction for the last few days and created a poll here yesterday to get everyone's opinion on what they thought it would close for.

This would be a great name for a blockchain or crypto platform to start up on. I'm sure there are a lot of people in that space who would love to own this domain name.

What are your thoughts on Decentralization.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
long word; but actual word ubiquitous with cryptocurrency

i voted 10-15k in ideal environment

sounds like seller got a discount

•••
Not the easiest to spell but a cool name none the less. I wish I had the means to buy domains at that level....someday....

•••
I've been watching the Decentralization.com domain auction for the last few days and created a poll here yesterday to get everyone's opinion on what they thought it would close for.

This would be a great name for a blockchain or crypto platform to start up on. I'm sure there are a lot of people in that space who would love to own this domain name.

What are your thoughts on Decentralization.com?
An Undersell....maybe due to the current situation, otherwise could have fetched much more.

•••
Well I voted $5k to $10k so I am delighted that the sale proved my ability to predict prices :xf.grin:. in fact I score 100% in all price prediction polls I have entered in the last 48 hr. I consider myself truly an appraisal monster :-P (some who follow closely one of my posts last few days may get the hidden message in my choice of wording, and no it has nothing to do with Rob).

I agree it is possibly a slightly low price for the domain name, but I think it is within range of what might be expected. I don't know domain sales in niche much. I know decentralization is a huge trend, but is the word too general, perhaps, for some possible end uses? Not sure - just throwing that out there.

But a nice name that I am sure will end up in meaningful end use by someone.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I think it's a fairly fair price...pretty good value for the buyer. I was initially interested in the name as well, but I would prefer "Decentralized" if I have a start up in the space, sounds more modern and startup-y.

Decentralized technology
Decentralized finance
Decentralized internet
Decentralized market
etc...

"Decentralization" sounds more like an informational site, which in my view has less potential end user value.

Keyword trend graph below:
Red is for "decentralized"
Blue is for "decentralization"
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 2.50.12 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
Decentralization is a new and growing trend. The trend continues to have an upward trajectory. Socially, economically and politically, we will most likely see more of this term. I feel the potential of this domain was well bought at this price.

•••
very much undersell probably because of the current stock and crypto market.

No way this name could have sold low - mid 5 figures in 2017.

Remember Crypto.com and Voice.com prices in a bull market.

It might not take more than a few months for this scenario to change as Bitcoin approaches halving and as the bitcoin price is slowly but steadily beginning to emerge as a safe heaven investment in troubled economy as more and more people make this realization.

Also i believe and hope this is a temporary situation, not like the financial crisis or a bubble like in 2008. It might take a bit of time but things would get back to normal eventually.

If someone is looking for some very similar names to this at very reasonable Investor prices probably you should take a look around :)

Last edited:
•••
Not the easiest to spell but a cool name none the less. I wish I had the means to buy domains at that level....someday....

Probably there are good bargains to be had if you look around here :)

•••
I don't like it.
overpaid. max 1k

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I think it's a fairly fair price...pretty good value for the buyer. I was initially interested in the name as well, but I would prefer "Decentralized" if I have a start up in the space, sounds more modern and startup-y.

Decentralized technology
Decentralized finance
Decentralized internet
Decentralized market
etc...

"Decentralization" sounds more like an informational site, which in my view has less potential end user value.

Keyword trend graph below:
Red is for "decentralized"
Blue is for "decentralization"
Show attachment 149133

Decentralization and decentralized are both good words for the blockchain and crypto space. I don't think it would be a bad thing to own either keyword followed by .com. Here is an article called "The Meaning of Decentralization" written by Vitalik Buterin (founder of Ethereum) on Medium back in 2017 about the subject. The article references the word both ways numerous times.

•••
Decentralization and decentralized are both good words for the blockchain and crypto space. I don't think it would be a bad thing to own either keyword followed by .com. Here is an article called "The Meaning of Decentralization" written by Vitalik Buterin (founder of Ethereum) on Medium back in 2017 about the subject. The article references the word both ways numerous times.
I understand the meaning of the words. Just as a tech entrepreneur, I like the sound of "Decentralized" more that's all. Obviously both are very valuable names for the industry. I just personally prefer more brandable sounding names. Looks like decentralized.com is already developed.

Consider this intro:
"We are 'Decentralized' based in Silicon Valley"
vs
"We are 'Decentralization' based in Silicon Valley"

Maybe not the best example haha, but I think "Decentralized" sounds better.

Last edited:
•••
I understand the meaning of the words. Just as a tech entrepreneur, I like the sound of "Decentralized" more that's all. Obviously both are very valuable names for the industry. I just personally prefer more brandable sounding names. Looks like decentralized.com is already developed.

Consider this intro:
vs

Totally valid opinion, and know my reply wasn't to debate which was the best but more less to show both can be used of equal value in different contexts. Different end users could create nice platforms with either of the domains. It would just depend on which one fit their need better.

Also, thank you for pointing out that Decentralized.com is already developed. That looks like a pretty cool conference they are using the domain for.

Last edited:
•••
Honestly I was following it aswell ... but since there was many bidders for the backorder I given up.

The domain name means a lot in crypto space, congrats to the winner.

•••
A final price like I thought. I will follow and check how it's going ;).

•••

Consider this intro:
vs

I agreed that Decenteralized would be better as a brand name but decentralization is still makes a great .com domain with plenty of potential uses.

•••
If we compare on semantic meaning , prefer for decentralized as opposite centralized, especially if this name for a crypto platform to blockchain start up ,

•••
•••
The core of the blockchain is the distributed ledger. "Decentralization" is indeed very suitable for the blockchain industry.

•••
IMO, I will not choose this domain for my business brand name. The only thing you can use Decentralization.com is a re-direct. That as a main site will get spammed... because the word is too general as @Bob Hawkes said above.

•••
great name relevant to current techs.

it sold for an okay price for everyone imo.

with virus now, sale prices for any names imo shouldn't be used as guidelines... for the other more normal times... these are special times.. affecting every person and industry. doamining sales prices or industry are not somehow magically immune to virus. and are affected as well.

this is very nice domain. it has only the length not going for it.. but there are many 2 word names etc that are long too.

just when comes to 1word domains.. this is a bit long.

decentralize,com is or would be a much more valuable name, for this niche.

cheers

•••
Prior sale on this domain recorded at $15,000

•••
Back