Dynadot

Database of GoDaddy auction buyers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone put together an online database of Godaddy auction buyers?

Godaddy gives us their customer number (on the SOLD page), along with the domain sold and price so that we can look them up. That could make for some interesting data if combined with other sellers' data. Has anyone done this before?

I have about 70 sales there so far and was thinking about starting something like this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy gives us their customer number (on the SOLD page), along with the domain sold and price so that we can look them up.

I assume you're just noting that GD gives us their customer number. Not sure why you'd need to catalog this for personal records...

You can extract the last 100 GD sales from NameBio and run a bulk WHOIS if you want to aggregate a table of sales with buyers names / email addresses (if not private)

You could also track marketplace escrow email accounts, and run reverse WHOIS based on a marketplace escrow email. (for example: AfterNic uses: [email protected]) The problem with tracking email addresses this way is it wont come with a sale price.

If I was to aggregate this data (not sure why I would - unless I just wanted a rolodex of domain buyers??) I would use shortnames.com and aggregate buyers WHOIS info with sale prices of 4L/5L domains sortable by venue.

There's probably better ways to create this database, but then again, why?

•••
People have published some reports in the thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/hu...50-of-expiring-domains-at-godaddy-com.988898/

@Fuadiansyah (I believe) put together this (below) impressive pie chart of who's winning auctions. I'm sure there's some other good data in the thread. It's just there's 24 pages, so good luck setting aside some brain power to sift through it.

aaa.jpg

**I believe the pie chart is not total domains bought, but domains OP was watching / bidding.

•••
ALL good sales organizations analyze information about their buyers and use it to create a more effective sales plan, whether via direct connection or choosing where to advertise to reach them.

For GD auctions, it's useful in determining whether GD is reaching your intended buyer, or just getting the low ballers. Also, just importantly, I want to be able to identify deadbeat buyers - or at least know whether my sales in progress are to legit buyers or free account holders before taking the domain off the market for 3 weeks to wait for a payment that never comes.

•••
BTW, I learned with a bit of analysis that Frank Schilling bought 17% of my domains sold on GD in 2016, and accounted for over 1/3 of my income there. That info is VERY valuable!

•••
BTW, I learned with a bit of analysis that Frank Schilling bought 17% of my domains sold on GD in 2016, and accounted for over 1/3 of my income there. That info is VERY valuable!

Nice! Curious to know what price points he's buying at whether it's BIN or auction wins...

•••
I only do 7 day auctions and put my desired price as the minimum bid, so in all but a couple of cases (ever) my GD auctions sold with just 1 bid. I have all levels of pricing (and quality) in my listings, but Mr. Schilling's average was on my low end at $450, and never topped $1k. Ironically, he is a below-average buyer for me :)

•••
i assume you want build a domains sell force based on sells history "domain crm"?

•••
•••
Valuable to know for the rest of domainers too, what extensions they were. What I assume is the obvious, NONE were the Ngtld's he is selling. And is it safe to assume the ones he bought they all were only .com's? I don't believe you sold him any .horse back to him! Lol.

•••
lool i think this is not the purpose of your project xo

•••
Valuable to know for the rest of domainers too, what extensions they were. What I assume is the obvious, NONE were the Ngtld's he is selling. And is it safe to assume the ones he bought they all were only .com's? I don't believe you sold him any .horse back to him! Lol.

HAHA! You are correct, 100% '.com'.

He could have bought a whole lot of .XYZ's, but chose to invest in .com. That should be a clear message for anyone thinking of buy a .xyz.

•••
This is a pattern that is beginnIng to be more clear with them with all of what I read and have observed in my brief time in this. The snake oil profits from selling their Ngtld's are reinvested back into .com and that is their true cash flow and investment. I bet in 5-10 years when this sad experiment in the market is finalized and all .whatevers collapse, their defensive investment for real long term stability is held solely by .com. I don't think there is even a one share (domain) "buy back" of their own stock!!! (Ngtld's) nor they even believe in investing in the extensions they own, but like selling penny stocks... putting lipstick on the pig, pawn them off while they reinvest in the "gold", which is .com.

•••
HAHA! You are correct, 100% '.com'.

He could have bought a whole lot of .XYZ's, but chose to invest in .com. That should be a clear message for anyone thinking of buy a .xyz.

Say goodbye to this source of income, he is now investing in the 1.111B class lol

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back