Dynadot

DanceKits.com now what to do with it? (My first domain!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Seraphos

Account Closed
Impact
I hope this is in the correct place, my FIRST domain ever!
(yay!)

I am the usual single stay at home mother and recently my toddler wanted to take dance lessons, so that's great for me, it was low cost, keeps her busy for an hour every night and she seems to love it!

They were selling "dance kits" at the studio and they were very over priced ($49.99!!!) which seems to be a very clunky cheaply made container holding hair barretts, bandaids, some fingernail polish and some random pantyhose.

I looked at the tag on the product and it went to mydancekit.com

I did a search online and this company is EVERYWHERE, with tons of followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, they are all over the place. It seems like they are selling a great product until you actually break it down, everything in their package can be bought at a dollar store for less than $5.00 so the biggest thing people are actually investing in is the case.

I thought "well I can do better than this!" and went home and spent almost 4 hours first trying to even find out how to buy a domain name, then I had to educate myself on web hosting (Which I still can't really figure out and don't have it yet)

I registered the domain name DanceKits.com in April of 2019.

Google reports there are on average 2900 searches monthly for the search term "dance kits".

I also got the Twitter handle @DanceKits
I also got the Instagram handle @DanceKits

It seemed like things were going along great until I realized I had no idea what I was doing.

I would either love to be able to sell this domain or to be able to build the website up and make some money from it, however, my knowledge of sales and Amazon is 0.

Would love some help on this subject, I would guess (hope) it has some earning potential, so please, be very straight forward in how I should handle this!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could park it at one of the domain parking companies, to test traffic and make some income,all you have to do is input your name in there system, then change nameserver
also could bring in a buyer, sounds like a good name
Joe T

By the way welcome to Namepros

Last edited:
•••
You could park it at one of the domain parking companies, to test traffic and make some income,all you have to do is input your name in there system, then change nameserver
also could bring in a buyer, sounds like a good name
Joe T

By the way welcome to Namepros

Thanks!
I've listed it at Uniregistry.com but so far no nibbles or bites. So that happened. But Uniregistry doesn't pay for clicks, just if people register a domain name through them once they have landed on my for sales page... People are looking to buy Dance Kits so they land on my domain, so far I have made 0.00 dollars from this domain name :(

•••
I'd really like to make it a business but... I am not really genetically engineered for that apparently.

•••
I'd really like to make it a business but... I am not really genetically engineered for that apparently.

Yes you could make a site turn it into a affiliate site with amazon etc but don’t expect to make much money have a go with parkingcrew or bodies for parking..

•••
have a go with parkingcrew or bodies for parking..

I'm not following what that means... So just keep it at Uniregistry?

•••

I don’t think your going to make much out of clicks on this domain best trying to sell it or market it to the company you talked about all the best

•••
You can keep it at your registrar, but change nameservers so traffic goes to a parking company, then you can make money on the traffic, just don't click on the links because it will get you banned. If you make enough you can reg more names and build up a portfolio. Plus domainers will pay top dollar for names that make income based on natural traffic
Joe T

•••
Plus domainers will pay top dollar for names that make income based on natural traffic
Joe T

I applied at the parkingcrew.com place but I don't know if I will be accepted because I'm new to this.

•••
I don’t think you should sell or park, but instead develop it..

You have a strong product keyword domain & you can easily create an eCommerce website which you can try build traction with and then sell. As you said, you can easily setup a similar dance kit so make a list of items in it, head to the dollar store and get enough for 100 units which based on your analysis would be $500..

Find a graphic designer on fiverr.com to make you a logo & packaging. You can then order packaging in bulk from a service like packhelp.com or you could probably just bulk order plain boxes from eBay to start out with less complications, although custom packaging can help solidify your brand..

Since you’re pretty much emulating the other product, you don’t need to do too much market analysis. Don’t violate any trademarks though. You can use Shopify to start as it’s beginner friendly..

Now for marketing, you can get started almost risk free. You can get a free $100 Google ads coupon & $100 from Microsoft Advertising. Use that to start but you’ll need to do a fair bit of research in order not to waste it. There are lots of free videos on YouTube regarding setting up ad campaigns. Also join some Shopify related Facebook groups so you can find out how to setup your store and ads properly..

All the best & try not to get scammed by gurus offering overpriced courses or marketing agencies..

•••
I don’t think you should sell or park, but instead develop it..

I actually did a trademark search for the term DanceKits and nothing popped but one DID however pop for DanceKit which is owned by mydancekit.com

The interesting this is, they only own the term:

Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

for the exact term of DanceKit, which is sold online at mydancekits.com (which in itself is a confusion of trademark)

which ONLY applies to:

Goods and Services IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Make-up kits comprised of mini hair spray, clear nail polish, red lipstick, bandages, safety pins, hair elastics, bobby pins.

The bad thing for THEM is this:
No assignment has been recorded at the USPTO For Serial Number: 86853137

86853137 is there Trademark registration number, which means, they were granted a trademark but it has not actually been applied to any actual item to trademark it...

So in reality, they have trademarked... nothing.

But there is nothing listed for DanceKits... such as a gathering of many dance kits in one spot for different kinds of dance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back