Domain Empire

discuss DAN or EFTY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
can't decide..

Given the option, which one would you choose?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No experience in either, but Efty is not marketplace anyway. You need another service for transfers, probably.

•••
I like DAN because I can easily see how much traffic I am getting - I cant see that on Efty unless Im not looking in the right place.
I like to know how much traffic I see after I send out emails or tweets to see whats working

@uglydork Login to Efty and go to >> Settings / marketplace << Find one called "GA Tracking code" ( GA = Google Analytics )

You can get the code via google >> http://analytics.google.com

•••
Regarding Dan.com's traffic stats- from what I see, there's only a 'Monthly Views' column. That doesn't seem super helpful if sellers can't also see traffic in previous months, be able to compare, see trends etc. Does that entire column turn to '0' at the beginning of each calendar month? Is there something I'm missing or is the 'Monthly Views' column the only indication of traffic? If anyone could chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Dan.com's traffic stats- from what I see, there's only a 'Monthly Views' column. That doesn't seem super helpful if sellers can't also see traffic in previous months, be able to compare, see trends etc. Does that entire column turn to '0' at the beginning of each calendar month? Is there something I'm missing or is the 'Monthly Views' column the only indication of traffic? If anyone could chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Can't say for sure, but I think the monthly views is a rolling 30-day total maybe?

The total monthly views on my dashboard resets to zero at the start of the month, but not the individual numbers in the portfolio view.

•••
I more like Dan.
Efty more like a person with development ability, and Dan is very friendly and doesn't need to do too much work.

•••
DAN is 5%, not 9%, if you use it as you'd use Escrow.com for example - only for closing the deal. You don't have to use their landing pages to sell through DAN. And regardless, if you use the full service, you know the transaction will be smooth because they really go after the buyer.

So, DAN.

Saying it's 5% is misrepresentation, and you know it ;).

OP is asking about landing pages because no one would import leads into efty...

if you're using DAN for landing pages... it's 9%.

I try to be neutral, and I love DAN (can see from my post history). But even I wouldn't say 5% in this thread...

•••
•••
Does Dan have this option somewhere? I did not dig too deep into it, just trying the landing pages out.

DAN too has that feature with a Profile page which can be used as same as Efty.

If you want to have the display in your website like Efty then do a redirect to your website pointing to your DAN Profile page.

Efty is a little more robust. I'm good with handling the deals myself, usually less commission. I have a $5,000 deal I started today thru Escrow.com, using the Concierge service where I'm paying all fees, it'll be 6.5%, less if I did it myself, even less if I made the buyer pay the fees. Had another $2,500 using Escrow.com Concierge where it was only 3.2%.

Awesome :xf.grin:.Congrats on your Domain sales.

End of day, if whatever you're using is working for you and you're happy with it, that's what matters.

:xf.smile:(y)

•••
As stated above, they are little different, but from my personal experience, both Dan and Efty are good options to consider :)

At the moment I personally like to use Dan for some of my domain names, as I have my own webpage (which I created using Wix.com), so this is an ideal setup for me.

•••
Is anyone making money via ppc parking services such as parkingcrew or voodoo? Do you think ppc pages can get as many inquiries vs only using DAN?

Any news about epik ppc revenue?

Last edited:
•••
Dan. They are the best in every sense.

•••
None. Both doesn't make sense to me. I prefer selling at registrar's (Epik, Uniregistry, Godaddy) marketplaces. At worst, I sell at Sedo.

•••
I think between Efty and Dan (undeveloped) I'd go with Dan definitely, mainly because it's fast.

•••
•••
Never used Efty, but joined Dan a couple of weeks ago.

Got my first offer last week, i like the whole negotiation process of Dan and how you can exchange messages back and forth instantly without waiting for messages to be approved.

•••
Just found this thread while looking for a comparison of Efty and DAN as landing pages. I have used Efty and I am now switching to DAN for the following reasons:

1. I like the standard DAN landing page. I think it is very personable by showing a company rep to the end buyer.
2. I don't want to take time to customize an Efty landing page. I have used a few of them, and I prefer the DAN standard landing page.
3. A horrible experience with Escrow.com for a recent Efty sale. I would rather have it all handled for me and pay the 9%.
4. If I get a buyer through DAN, it's a win as opposed to GD/Afternic which will take 20% commission.

I may still use the Efty dashboard for domain analytics, but I am hoping to see better results using the DAN landing pages and sales process.

Let us know how you get on! 👍

•••
I've been trying efty for the past few days. Frustrating is the word I'd use to describe it. Any attempt to update in bulk will result in half the changes not appearing.

Spam? You'd think they could weed them out but the inbox fills up with the same crap from the same senders over and over again. The real problem is there is no way to bulk delete them. You have to open them up one by one.

Domainagents has a nice feature where potential buyers need to pay a fee in order to place an offer. The money spent is applied to the sale if they buy the domain. No more tire kickers and spam is gone. I certainly hope other marketplaces follow suit.

•••
Spam mail goes into your inquiries at efty. You never receive spam mail at other market places, they're filtered out. Efty sends them to you so you can verify them yourself.

Spammers/scammers never see my email, at least I hope they don't. That would be unforgivable.

Efty is a valid choice for sure, if you want to control every step of the sale process. One option they have is the chat. If you get a lot of real traffic to your domains (as opposed to bots), this can be quite fun. You get to engage with your visitors, which is unique in the marketplace.

•••
there is no comparison, because….

one is free to use
and
one you have to pay to use

imo….

You have to give to get
Commissions (5-9%) eat into margins
For some people, saves more money
Weigh both opportunity costs

DAN

One is 9% commission flat (5% if self-lead)
No monthly fees
Great support @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Efty
Monthly fee subscription model tho free to try
Zero Commissions
Owner@Doron Vermaat Great product support

Both deserve shout-outs.
Both quality markets continues update product

Last edited:
•••
I am with @karmaco on this one. @dande hit nail on head too.
Been using efty for 3 years. They make nice for sale landing pages, domain management is good.
I have made sales through efty lander, payment paypal.
However i noticed recently more inquiries coming via sedo/dan and these are .ca
Really liked how i could add image to efty, and if i put link on face or linkedin the thumbnail would display image.
However images are poor on mobile. I hope to get all data saved and switch my ns to epik or sedo has nice for sale page now. Last sale .ca was sedo 2 weeks ago.
Efty has some great pro's but i would take dan, secure landers.
Maybe people dont like/visit unsecure pages, with anti virus pop up blockers i dunno.
Dan over efty any day.

•••
I've been trying efty for the past few days. Frustrating is the word I'd use to describe it. Any attempt to update in bulk will result in half the changes not appearing.

Spam? You'd think they could weed them out but the inbox fills up with the same crap from the same senders over and over again. The real problem is there is no way to bulk delete them. You have to open them up one by one.

Domainagents has a nice feature where potential buyers need to pay a fee in order to place an offer. The money spent is applied to the sale if they buy the domain. No more tire kickers and spam is gone. I certainly hope other marketplaces follow suit.

Interesting. Did you get spam mail before using efty? or after?

•••
Spam mail goes into your inquiries at efty. You never receive spam mail at other market places, they're filtered out. Efty sends them to you so you can verify them yourself.

Spammers/scammers never see my email, at least I hope they don't. That would be unforgivable.

Efty is a valid choice for sure, if you want to control every step of the sale process. One option they have is the chat. If you get a lot of real traffic to your domains (as opposed to bots), this can be quite fun. You get to engage with your visitors, which is unique in the marketplace.

Thanks for the reply and info. That's very unfortunate as with massive spam it can make you overlook legit inquiries. I have read some other complaints with the spam issue with Efty. They should work on getting that issue resolved. The chat sounds cool!

•••
You have to give to get

i don't compare free to use services, with cost to use services.

but you, can do whatever you want

imo..

•••
Can you add DAN checkout like escrow, paypal?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back