Domain Empire

discuss DAN or EFTY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
can't decide..

Given the option, which one would you choose?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
DAN is the first choice with their great interface and fast transfer and support.DAN listing and selling is very easy and hassle free.

Efty would be good if you want to handle all the details yourself.As @BuyBrandWeb.com said it's best if you are going to have leads and also do outbound's for your domains more and follow up more or researching the buyer's buying potential to get the best buck for your domain.

I am trying Epik also now as their support is very fast and reliable.Lots of options and great customization for options like lease,purchasing while on lease and also buy now with make offer.As said by @Bayan Epik are revolutionizing the domain world.

•••
I like DAN better. Much easier to use. Efty's user experience could use cleaning up. I've had smooth transactions on both ends at DAN.

•••
DAN, I have grandfathered efty.com account which is free but still I need to take customer to email communication, while DAN has in build message box in which we can take offers and make counter offers.

Personal experience is that the transaction completed within 24 hours most of the time. For those asking, you can import lead to DAN for 5% commission and there is not payout fee. Great service great people.

•••
can't decide..

Given the option, which one would you choose?

Dan.com if you want things to be easy, when an offer comes in, make dan work for the 9%

Efty.com if you know what you are doing, from closing the deal and transferring the name. And generally understand this field.

•••
•••
DAN = if u hab small portfolio
Efty = if u hab large portfolio

why? cuz dan = 9% commission mostly for each tx
efty = flat monthly / yearly fee taht's cheaper than the 9% commission if you get lots of sailz per month due to having a simply massive port.

DAN is 5%, not 9%, if you use it as you'd use Escrow.com for example - only for closing the deal. You don't have to use their landing pages to sell through DAN. And regardless, if you use the full service, you know the transaction will be smooth because they really go after the buyer.

So, DAN.

•••
Is anyone making money via ppc parking services such as parkingcrew or voodoo? Do you think ppc pages can get as many inquiries vs only using DAN?

Any news about epik ppc revenue?

While I don't have statistics regarding the use of PPC landings, for my high traffic names I've always used such pages with an inquiry banner at the top. I have used all PPC systems out there and IMO Bodis is the best experience.

Now if your names only make a few cents from PPC, don't trouble yourself going that route...

•••
They both have their pros/cons. Depends on the type of names.

Personally, I prefer someone else handling the collection of payment/transferring of domain. Therefore it's easier to use DAN for that purpose, they're great for that. A lot less time, involvement and attention I have to put into the closing of the sale....less likely for things to fall through, and can leave my mood out of things :)

Now if I'm selling a great name, a name with obvious value that I know the right buyer is going to want it sooner or later at high 4 figs - 5 figures, I'd go for dealing direct, where there's no commission, I can gather their info, and they're going to be serious so it's less likely the sale will fall through after negotiations, I'd opt for efty with these names. I want to see that contact info/I want to pay less commission with these.

Serious names = serious buyers, usually more experience buyers, more patience for Escrow.com process/communication.

Less serious names (Under 5K) = flaky buyers, usually less experienced with domains, leave it to pros/automated system to keep everything running/closing smoothly.

IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Been using Efty for 2 years and am probably going to go 100% Dan shortly.

There are too many things that don’t work for me with Efty at this point. It is good for record keeping but not great.

Tons of spam fake offers from “verified” leads
Insistence on using Escrow or PayPal for 2 lower tier plans (limited unsavory payment options)
Sold names count against your portfolio number count
Names I sold the last year I imported lead to Dan so might as well be there
App is glitchy at times
No substantive upgrades in a long time
Sales and stats are in one big bucket you can’t look back to last year versus this year etc
System requires you prove ownership when some idiot forgets to clear his portfolio( Dan has this issue too)
Only way to get secured individual landers is Efty market
I don’t do a store front so that’s a feature some may love but I have no use for

I see a lot of people praising the client info aspect of Efty. Sure you get the info they put in which is 50 percent or more a fake name and throw away addy. I have had several sales there where later at Escrow/PP I saw their real name.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I have had success with both but Dan because efty is a pain to manage if you have plenty of domains...

•••
DAN also tracks your expiring names, if you didn't renew, they will. I guess thats the business model.

•••
•••
@uglydork Login to Efty and go to >> Settings / marketplace << Find one called "GA Tracking code" ( GA = Google Analytics )

You can get the code via google >> http://analytics.google.com

Thanks Jag, I had it setup but its a pain in the ass and didnt always work. Dan is simple - easy adn I dont need to do anything on my end

•••
DAN = if u hab small portfolio
Efty = if u hab large portfolio

why? cuz dan = 9% commission mostly for each tx
efty = flat monthly / yearly fee taht's cheaper than the 9% commission if you get lots of sailz per month due to having a simply massive port.

•••
861a276fe5.jpg

•••
I'm building my own brand for my business. Efty lets me customize and I direct all traffic to my portfolio pages at nameperfect.com. I've even embedded custom videos into my landing pages to promote my domains and brand.

I think Dan is great but efty fits my long term business strategy better. If not for efty, I would be using Dan.

•••
Efty for me. Importing domains, inquiries, adding logos, etc. - everything is just so easy. But I also list my domains on GD, Afternic, Sedo to get more exposure.

•••
While I don't have statistics regarding the use of PPC landings, for my high traffic names I've always used such pages with an inquiry banner at the top......

Thank you so much for that valuable feedback. After reading it I fully realized (after only thinking about the issue before) by not sending most all of my traffic to ppc (which was going to landing pages) I was basically wasting the traffic to landing pages first to earn no possible ppc revenue, all for the not too likely better chance of a sale. Now instead it goes direct to good PPC pages

As you pointed out the inquiry banner on top of the ppc page should still bring inquiries and not necessarily detract that much if at all from sales especially if the inquiry banner catches the attention of visitors and the ppc inquiry banner forwards to a very nice for-sale page (which they in fact do).

Last edited:
•••
there is no comparison, because….

one is free to use
and
one you have to pay to use

imo….

•••
•••
Dan for less work and faster transaction

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back