IT.COM

alert Dan.com has trouble paying with BTC

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
They have a post on their website:

Due to a delay on the BTC network, we are unable to process crypto payouts for the time being. In order to receive payouts sooner, please select an alternative payout method in your payout settings.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just signed a name installment agreement for $5,555 in seven months, the buyer made the first payment, but I can't receive it.
How serious is this problem?
What is the meaning of this problem?
When can this issue be resolved?

•••
Bitcoin network is super busy at the moment, thus transactions take longer to confirm if you don't want to pay ~$2.5 to get in front of the queue. There are some 200k transactions in the mempool. Nothing to worry about, really.

Here's a Bitcoin Fee Estimator tool: https://bitcoiner.live

Last edited:
•••
Dan does not offer to pay for the acceleration. They also do not write about the time interval when this will be decided. After I got $55,433 escrow stuck on Epik, I'm worried.

Last edited:
•••
As far as I understand, the payment was not made, so it makes no sense to calculate the delay.

•••
I am not familiar with cryptocurrencies. But here's an expert's opinion:

There is no problem with Bitcoin. The problem is with that company.

•••
As far as I understand, the payment was not made, so it makes no sense to calculate the delay.
So, if you know there's a lag with ordering BMW's, it makes zero sense to you that the car dealer will inform you of this before-hand? Or even stop taking BMW orders until the backlog clears? And instead suggest you might want to purchase a Mercedes which has no backlog?

I am not familiar with cryptocurrencies. But here's an expert's opinion:
I'm allergic to the word 'expert' since 2020.

•••
Dan is now Godaddys company. Godaddy hate cryptos. That's why btc was banned.
Forget Dan it's over.

•••
•••
There is a temp problem with Bitcoin. Some pratt has created a new service which he calls "ordinals". Basically this allows people to include stupis ppicture on the Blockchain, and then sell them for loads of money. It's clogging the mempool, and increasing transaction fees. The basic Bitcoin blockchain is still rock solid and secure. I hope this will be a temporary glitch, and very few Bitcoiners want to see ordinals bulking up the blockchain, and increasing storage costs for nodes. You could use the lightning network as an alternative for the moment. It is a faster transaction service, and it still gives you real Bitcoins on the main blockchain if you transfer your balance.

•••
dan integration with bitpay has been horrible, most applicants have not been able to onboard, what a nightmare

•••
Hopefully they can keep their BTC payment option, since Im not willing to make a KYC again.

•••
Actually have faced similar challenge recently getting paid in BTC which is the best option for me.

•••
Hopefully they can keep their BTC payment option, since Im not willing to make a KYC again.
I agree with what your saying , to constantly keep giving all your ids, and selfies to 3rd parties, time after time again, is asking a lot, given many times their security measure are always lackluster. Dan users already kyc’d, now they are asking them to send their data to another company, but that company had already fumbled registrations, imagine safeguarding their data.

In the past I supported dan 100%, at this point i am looking you support other options, ownership has sold, so whatever loyal clients get kicked in the teeth again.

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 05.10.26.png

•••
I agree with what your saying , to constantly keep giving all your ids, and selfies to 3rd parties, time after time again, is asking a lot, given many times their security measure are always lackluster. Dan users already kyc’d, now they are asking them to send their data to another company, but that company had already fumbled registrations, imagine safeguarding their data.

In the past I supported dan 100%, at this point i am looking you support other options, ownership has sold, so whatever loyal clients get kicked in the teeth again.
I agree and Bitpay has awful demands which documents can be used in each and every country.

•••
I agree and Bitpay has awful demands which documents can be used in each and every country.
I have talked to a few people who started their verification weeks ago, nobody has been approved yet, so guess some people won’t be getting paid for a while, interest free working capital for the house though.

•••

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler any chance that BTC payment stays as an option, since a lot of people will be rejected from Bitpay?

•••
@Joe Styler any chance that BTC payment stays as an option, since a lot of people will be rejected from Bitpay?
Not interested in Bitpay also. Godaddy should have left Dan alone, and bought Epik instead, or Namesilo. I wish these people would listen to their clients more.

Last edited:
•••
Not interested in Bitpay also. Godaddy should have left Dan alone, and bought Epik instead, or Namesilo. I wish these people would listen to their clients more.

I am moving my names & leads out of Dan as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back