IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My 1XX parked domains are not indexing at all, regardless of their Redirect.

HIThole (each hit is counted) is still open as well... Fake your traffic as you like...

Last edited:
•••
Anyone having sales or leads in DAN for the past 1 week?
I'm really disappointed with Dan. One small lead, no sales, in a period of the year that usually sees some action.

I get better results from Afternic, without pointing to their name servers.

Anyone have strategies that actually work at present?

•••
Their reply in LiveChat:
we do not require bidders to register on our site; buyers do not have an account with us, only sellers do.

p.s. One more reason: why so many fakes and non-payers...
In other words, why we (sellers) just waste our time...

•••
In other words, why we (sellers) just waste our time.
I stopped make offer with dan, too mzny unpaid domains after negotiations...
With a large portfolios, hundreds of leads it's awful...

•••
BuyNow also doesn't work from my experience with prices at least mid $xxx...
Never had any BIN success there. All my BIN sales happened on Sedo only.

Last edited:
•••
BuyNow also doesn't work from my experience with prices at least mid $xxx...
Never had any BIN success there. All my BIN sales happened on Sedo only.
For me that work.
Now my customers have the choice between dan, sedo, afternic, none of them choose sedo as i put a markup will probably add stripe and/or paypal for low bin...

•••
I don't use my own landers...
All domains are parked with DAN or Sedo... But BIN sales happen only on Sedo landers.

•••
As per the dude who has 200,000+ names at Dan.com
Lest.site for example who i queried Dan about, something not adding up.
My response from Dan.com is far from adequate. Big distraction just due to snagging a name at daddy closeout.
Discovered a scam or an error lmao
Unfortunate, as Dan marketplace has more respect from me than any other. Sales numbers this year, lowest ever, most my names go to Dan.

•••
I stopped make offer with dan, too mzny unpaid domains after negotiations...
With a large portfolios, hundreds of leads it's awful...
Non-payers or 1st bid is almost always the last (no further bids).
Thanks to their bidders without not just some verification, but even without registration.

On Sedo the same troubles are very rare.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sales numbers this year, lowest ever
For me this 2nd pandemic year is just slightly better than 2020 in terms of sales volume.
And in some other aspects it is even worse than 2020.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone having sales or leads in DAN for the past 1 week? for me its zero.
I had 1 lead ($1K bid) from Moscow for the past 1 week.
He rejected all my counteroffers and didn't submit any higher bid (1st is always the last or traditional DAN rule).

•••
Registries are there as well, with their available domains...
I see huge domains, other big players. This guy is front running. He received notice weeks ago to update his portfolio, all he did was hide his username.
His portfolio is still up with names listed owned by canadian guy and registry reserved.
Hard to stick to business when illegal? Activity prohibits me from adding names and lowers chances of sale. This guy has 3% of dans entire inventory listed
He should be shut down until he provides proof of ownership for each name in his portfolio.
We all play by same TOS dont we?
Must be something in there about listing names you dont own or maybe i add couple hundred thousand .ca to the mix
You can add couple hundred thousand .pro
Probably nice feeling when you reg a name after you already receive email that you sold the name
This guy uploading 1000’s and 50 accepted. Great. Continue to repeat

•••
In my "Dashboard", under the "Popular Domains", I can see the domain name "Optometry.eu".

This is a name I sold at your platform 3 years ago. Also, this domain is not currently listed in your marketplace.

•••
In my "Dashboard", under the "Popular Domains", I can see the domain name "Optometry.eu".

This is a name I sold at your platform 3 years ago. Also, this domain is not currently listed in your marketplace.
I have the same thing in my dashboard.

•••
Good morning @td11 & @pinkdragon,

Thank you for reporting this. The product team will look into this for you.

For future references, it would be great if you could contact our support directly and mention these situations to get them resolved fast.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Anyone actually get any marketplace views whatsoever on Dan for domains not using their landers !?

I tried using Dan landers in the past but with little success & switched them elsewhere. Since then, apart from my portfolio showing most of my domains are parked at Dan, which they're not !, views have all but disappeared completely.

So basically, unless you're using Dans own landers there is absolutely no point listing them there as nobody will see them !

•••
Anyone actually get any marketplace views whatsoever on Dan for domains not using their landers !?

I tried using Dan landers in the past but with little success & switched them elsewhere. Since then, apart from my portfolio showing most of my domains are parked at Dan, which they're not !, views have all but disappeared completely.

So basically, unless you're using Dans own landers there is absolutely no point listing them there as nobody will see them !
Sure...

•••
I tried using Dan landers in the past but with little success & switched them elsewhere.
Where did you switch them to?

•••
•••
Their traffic stats (Views) is just for fun...
Each hit is counted regardless of IP or browser (cookies). Via script you can fake any traffic you want...

Last edited:
•••
When using Google analytics for my Dan listings and profile page what URL do I use when setting up my "Web Stream Website URL" do I just use Dan.com? Or my profile url example: dan.com/domain-seller.........

I have GA on my own sites, just not sure about using Dan. Never installed GA on a listing site before.

Thanks

•••
Google doesn't index their Hybrid landers as well...
I just found one parked on DAN 2.5 months ago - it is NOT indexed.

So total boycott of DAN 2.0 by Google.

Last edited:
•••
I see huge domains, other big players. This guy is front running. He received notice weeks ago to update his portfolio, all he did was hide his username.
His portfolio is still up with names listed owned by canadian guy and registry reserved.
Hard to stick to business when illegal? Activity prohibits me from adding names and lowers chances of sale. This guy has 3% of dans entire inventory listed
He should be shut down until he provides proof of ownership for each name in his portfolio.
We all play by same TOS dont we?
Must be something in there about listing names you dont own or maybe i add couple hundred thousand .ca to the mix
You can add couple hundred thousand .pro
Probably nice feeling when you reg a name after you already receive email that you sold the name
This guy uploading 1000’s and 50 accepted. Great. Continue to repeat
If they are trying to sell domains owned by someone else they could be breaking the below......

5.3 It is not permitted to offer for sale and/or place domain names on the Website on behalf of Third Parties without the express written consent of the Contractor.

Which could lead to........

5.4 In case of violation of any of the above provisions, the Contractor is entitled to take (in its sole discretion) any such measures it considers necessary, including (but not limited to) the removal or cancellation of the domain offering, denial or suspension of access to the Client and/or relaying contact details (including personal data) to authorized third parties, including rights owners and law enforcement.

I personally do not see anything specific in relation offering unregistered domains for sale - If a domain is unregistered is it technically under anyone's ownership/3rd party?.....I don't think so....

Bit of a loop hole there, unless anyone can find anything different or DAN pipes up......

•••
They havent done dick all last 5 days.
5 days ago Alexandria said

Good morning Momd.

Thank you for reaching out!

We have issued a new warning to this seller, as it appears some of their listings are just outdated. Rest assured, we will take the corresponding measures with them if they do not update the information shortly.

Kind regards,
5d ago.”
Michael was gonna take lead like its square dancing, yet 5 days later,

Domain-Verkäufer​

Still has

Domain-Verkäufer​

201613 domains on offer

4 domains sold

Delivers within 8 hours

https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...5-b2063d968666?&results=50&order_by=relevance

He has even moved back to original name from private seller. Nothing to hide in this business as there is no accountability re epik fail
What was warning Alexandria?
I see a .com owned by fellow countryman north of 49 like myself.
I will be phoning him after work.
Gotta pictures of his info.

Like i said this guy has 200,000 of 6 mil names on marketplace. I would say he is getting benefits but 4 sales with 200,000 name portfolio shows that quality over quantity is key.
Honesty ranks pretty high, this is dishonest. And burying our names even further.
How many people do this? List names not registered to them.
Maybe domain kauffer has few accounts if can get away with one.

KY C dan.com
Thanks nick for looking up rules.
I’ll save the adam dicker and rob monster comment for another time.

No updates @LaszloSchenk on this activity?

Last edited:
•••
Back