Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I came to an agreement with a buyer who wants to use escrow, so I added a lead transaction to Dan, I got a confirmation, but it's not showing up anywhere in my account/dashboard/leads/transactions/etc.

Anyone know the process here as this is first time I've used Dan for escrow.

•••
Just wait, ypur buyer must receive an email and the lead or transaction will be created once he accepts it

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't made a mistake or needed to perform another step.

Thank you.

•••
@DAN.COM Will the new Price Request feature save the pricing within our Dashboard? Or will it remove the Price field if we choose the Price Request option? (I'd hate to have to look up the price somewhere else every time someone requests a price.) Also, do you have a date when this will be released? Thanks.
Good morning,

Yes, the prices will stay within the dashboard. Unfortunately, we have no fixed ETA yet but it should not take long anymore!

Have a great day.

•••
@DomainRecap,

I am not quite sure how you determine this to be the case but I can assure you it is incorrect. The Dan Bot is introduced at all our user's convenience. It only ensures transfers are sped up and many transactions can still be concluded while our transfer team is offline. It has nothing to do with a transaction being imported or processed at a 9% commission. If manual interference is needed it will be attended to by our transfer team upon their return the next morning.

Regards,

What I mean by that is in every one of my standard transactions at Dan, there is an option to "type in 'Broker Name' and speak to a broker" whereas here there is no such notation and it's just me and the Dan Bot. I have used this "contact broker" option in the past with non-standard domain transactions (this is a push due the company not wanting to wait a few weeks) and the broker replied relatively quickly.

This recent imported lead/transaction was also completed yesterday afternoon, and the domain is now in the client's account but I'm still looking at a set of canned questions from the Dan Bot.

How exactly do I get a broker involved to close off this transaction?

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk

Hi,

Any updates on this?

I believe 12 days is enough for your guys to fix this bug.

A bug to report,

On the Chinese sale page,
You transalte
Lease to own
to
先租后买,
firstly rent it, then buy it.
which is totally wrong, and will scare away a lot of potential intallments buyers,
the right translation should be
分期付款

Good afternoon @simmplex,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. I will relay it to our team straight away to have it reviewed.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @simmplex,

We have consulted a translator to review this and got a confirmation that the current characters sufficed their purpose. This is why we have not changed it on this end.

Best regards,
Why not just ask any Chinese native speaker on this?

你们被所谓的狗屁专家忽悠瘸了.
You were crippled by so-called shit experts.

Last edited:
•••
Your background color is so dazzling, will this stimulate buyers to buy impulse?

•••
Still would like to see better verification. Most of those names were never owned by anyone else, or owned before there was a marketplace there.
Been domaining for over 20 years. Decided to give Dan.com a try. Uploaded a list of about 234 domains and 108 are already listed on Dan.com

Most of these I have owned for many years. There is no legitimate way these are listed on Dan.

I've tried to research and see if me adding them will trigger an owner verification but from what I read it looks like I would have to add a verification nameserver to 108 names and jump through a bunch of hoops to get in my portfolio?

Any advice? Really makes me wonder how many of my sales are someone arbitraging my names?

My first impression is not a positive one.

you saw your names on Dan and now you a new customer.....

Last edited:
•••

The first Open Domain Distribution Network is live!​

finally we have Afternic competition.

Afternic listings not showing on Uniregistry.com (a Godaddy company ) even.

Congratulations DAN!

•••
I've enabled the DAN Distribution Network, but at the moment it's a black box for me. I can well imagine that in the start-up phase the supply of participating domains must first increase before network partners will join this initiative. That is why I am happy to help realize such an ecosystem. Nevertheless, I'd also like to hear which network partners have already joined*. With this information I can estimate the scope of the distribution, and possibly adjust my prices to the new model, whereby more commission is withheld.

On the API Partnership Program page, at least the following 3 partners are currently listed as partner:
  • Efty
  • DNWE
  • United Domains

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if there will be partners that are not already sedo and/or afternic partners.

•••
DDN - if there's no GD then it's pointless to me.....

•••
•••
@Dan any updates on when that "Category" feature will be added?

•••
•••
Good morning Dane,

We already have US support available. Our customer success can be reached by phone, email, and chat support. The US support is located in Atlanta and is operational during those business hours. The ultimate aim is to provide support 24/7 support of course which is what we are working towards as we speak.

Have a great weekend ahead.
Oh, I wasn't aware of the US based support. Is that new? And just to be clear, does the US team work US business hours or Europe business hours?

•••
And just to be clear, does the US team work US business hours or Europe business hours?
LOL ... not the sharpest tool in the shed ...

•••
•••
Just for your info, the US division was already on long time ago. Last I remembered, they also operate pushes/transfers on Sundays. Not sure if Saturdays are included now since I haven't used DAN for a very long time.

•••
Open Domain Distribution Network or the simple option?

•••
•••
•••
I have a question for DAN. In your account you can choose to keep your sales private. In the final document, the buyer can also choose privacy no matter what you have chosen.

How is DAN providing privacy when a sorry this domain has sold page crops up immediately? There is a trend of people routinely scraping etc DAN lately revealing other peoples sales.

Sure we don’t know the amount but there is now nothing to stop anyone with a similar name hounding the new owner or regging that name in remaining extensions before the buyer can.

I know this is a risk we take when we choose to report but it should not be the case when we choose not to report or the buyer choses not to report.

I think the post sale lander should be at least more vague like this domain is either removed, sold or misconfigured and it should come down relatively quickly no matter where the servers are pointed.

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk

Does Dan offer a full escrow service? Where Dan takes possession of the domain into an escrow account before transferring the domain to the buyer? or does the domain get transferred directly to the buyer?

Its been a while since I had a sale with Dan and I don't remember. I prefer to use a full escrow service. Especially with higher priced sales.
I don't like to transfer a domain from myself to the buyer directly even if the Auth code goes through Dan fist.

Thank you

•••
Hi guys @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk or anyone

forgive me if it's been answered before I could not find it on site

What's the total in Commision between Dan + Media Options + when you enable /use the brokerage feature? What percent do we net after MO and Dan receive commission?

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back