IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All transactions handled by Dan under $999 do not include a payment fee.

Indeed, I see now that the processing fees were removed for transactions under 999 USD.

3: For transactions from and above $1000 we've created an entirely new setup so we can offer local Bank Transfers which process within hours not days as an alternative that also introduces a 1% discount for the buyer. Unlike our previous checkout, all domain buyers in the new model get the easy local Bank Transfer option including the 1% discount.

I see your motivation now, you can offer the 1% bank transfer discount because you charge surcharges in case of other payment methods.

Actually you are right, this might increase the sales, only testing will tell you when you will look at the data.

Now I understand why you have made these changes, you don't want to make more money per a single transaction, but you want to increase the overall sales. And you need the surcharges in order to offer the 1% bank transfer discount. I also understand that you keep testing and refining your systems.

I think some sellers were upset because you introduced the processing fees for all domains all of a sudden, without explaining it to sellers. But now you have removed the processing fees under 999 USD and you have explained why you have made these changes.

I think now all sellers should understand your motivation here, for me it is clear now that your goal is to increase the overall sales.

•••
Thank you @DAN.COM

Keep up the good work (y)

Pity to read that you've decided to devote less time to namepros.

•••
You guys are working hard @DAN.COM
Not an easy process then hearing one things is incorrect and thats stupid doesnt help. Any future issue i find i will contact you directly. If people arent happy go pay daddy 20% and get @Joe Styler type service

i see you hiring https://dan.com/careers👍
Am sure you will find some first class employees.

they are not around here much anymore because they way people treat and talk to them..
First sentence of their last post
“ We've been informed that there's quite some misinformation spreading about our revamped checkout. “
This thread has completely derailed, be thankful they still come here and post

•••
Still lack of Bulk search even in 2.0
I can't just paste the domain list into searchbox to find and manage all necessary domains...

Last edited:
•••
Wasn't it supposed to be a registrar with the new launch?

•••
Wasn't it supposed to be a registrar with the new launch?
They are working on it:

"And after a lot of research and listening to your needs, we have some massive product updates in the pipeline, which we’ll add continuously within the next months. A couple of feature highlights:
  • Optional premium brokerage by MediaOptions;
  • Add categories & categories settings to keep easily track of your domain names;
  • Offering fully integrated registrar services;
  • Easily bulk edit your domain names settings;
  • Payoneer integration for payouts;
  • Account balances;
  • Increase prices in percentages or by a certain amount;
  • Advanced filters for your domain overview;
  • And more to come."

•••
Since our sellers pay a low commission at Dan and considering that Dan has built quite a reputation with repetitive domain/brand buyers, we expect more end-users to purchase their domain at Dan due to the 1% discount given which saves you inherently also commission that other platforms charge. Buying domains at Dan is the smartest thing a domain buyer can do. They'll get an exclusive 1% discount and enjoy a much faster and efficient domain ownership transfer.

what I read is:

"we are more a reseller platform"

.A small group of domainers that hardly sell any domains are the most vocal ones on forums like this one. This makes us less active here because we gain nothing from getting into endless discussions with people that are not receptive to anything we say.

you mean: that hardly sell any domains at DAN?

the number of sales at DAN
has no relation to the relevance
of suggestions in a forum

All divisions at Dan (we're growing to 45 employees this year and 110 next year) have KPI's and each division, monthly makes sure to improve their division KPI's.

so why does nobody at DAN bother
to create a proper copy
on the German Landing Page?

Last edited:
•••
yes you are right

and now please answer my other suggestions as fast as you complain

•••
yes you are right

and now please answer my other suggestions as fast as you complain

All relevant ones are either fixed or edge cases that we shouldn't focus on at this point. Some posts have been submitted to our product team to review when relevant.

The only report you made which we need more time to resolve is the German copy. We've spent thousands of euros on getting professional translations in, however, agree that some translators have misinterpreted some strings. Each and every issue on that front will be tackled as we've requested a new review.

If you spot any other translation issues, you can report them to our support team and they'll directly forward them to our product team to check & review and implement fixes where relevant.

•••
@DAN.COM Can we set different payment plans for diffrent domains in Bulk?
ex: 10000 usd domains with 12 months plan
5000 usd domains with 6 months plan.

Thanks

•••
the number of sales at DAN
has no relation to the relevance
of suggestions in a forum

Very strange tactic by them. Trying to shame their own customers. Or discredit their opinion.

For the record I have sold plenty of Domains with Dan 1.0 and across other platforms. But yes it does not matter to the subject at hand.

I notice they put out a blanket statement saying 'mis information'.
Where?

I believe everything I have said in here is factually accurate.
They put out actual mis information by saying they are the lowest commission marketplace. Which is simply not true.

No where in that statement has addressed the fact that the fees are hidden.
Basically we are the guinea pigs for a month while they test the conversions.

On that subject why not show this data in the seller dashboard so we can see real time for ourselves.

•••
I never had even fake bids from Germany on DAN.
Full lack of German activity.

•••
All relevant ones are either fixed or edge cases that we shouldn't focus on at this point. Some posts have been submitted to our product team to review when relevant.

The only report you made which we need more time to resolve is the German copy. We've spent thousands of euros on getting professional translations in, however, agree that some translators have misinterpreted some strings. Each and every issue on that front will be tackled as we've requested a new review.

If you spot any other translation issues, you can report them to our support team and they'll directly forward them to our product team to check & review and implement fixes where relevant.

thank you for the fast reply
yes all my concerns are about the german landing page

and that really is a huge issue

wrong or bad german
instantly kills trust

at least in Germany

as a resident of a country that uses €
you will certainly understand that € and Eur is the same

On the landing page, it makes no sense to use both next to each other
at least it costs space
and eyeball time

how in the world did you come up with the copy
"Zahlen Sie jetzt den vollen EUR 1.500 €"

den = wrong german --> die

but it should spell
"zahlen Sie jetzt 1.500 €"

the way to display that sentence should be
"zahlen Sie jetzt 1.500 €, wählen Sie Leasingkauf, oder unterbreiten Sie einen Preisvorschlag "

https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...official-thread.1148567/page-142#post-8342409

The only report you made which we need more time to resolve is the German copy.

no time needed just use my suggestions and you are fine

We've spent thousands of euros on getting professional translations

you may use it for free

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM Can we set different payment plans for diffrent domains in Bulk?
ex: 10000 usd domains with 12 months plan
5000 usd domains with 6 months plan.

Thanks

Good suggestion.

In addition, I would like to be able to specify a minimum amount in Settings, above which payment plans are offered at all. For all lower priced domains I'd like to disable them this way with just 1 setting for the entire portfolio.

•••
For me all German sales and inquiries occur on Sedo (most), Bodis/ParkingCrew, Epik.
But never on DAN.

Last edited:
•••
you will certainly understand that € and Eur is the same
From my financial literacy, currency sign prepends sum: €100
OR
in case of 3letter ISO code - it is placed after sum: 100 EUR

Last edited:
•••

when I send my traffic to DAN
I do so
because I expect
top-notch
user experience and high convertion

and that's what you claim to be
top-notch

when I see a sub minor Landing Page
I actually become angry
- sorry if I may have insulted you -

as you didn't even warn me
that you will use a different Landing Page
so I was unprepared to redirect my traffic to another place

the prior Landing Page never had been adjusted
according to my suggestions
( there is really no way to "guessing" the german VAT )

now the german landing page is flooded with wrong german and stupid copy
- I see no reaction on your part other than complaining about complaints -

I have given you the better German Copy
- as long as you don't have an even greater copy -
I see no reason, why you do not use my version immediately

your reaction reminds me of a teenage girl
but we are professional domain resellers

and some of us are trying to make a living from domains

WE are your customers

Last edited:
•••
From my financial literacy, currency sign prepends sum: €100
OR
in case of 3letter ISO code - it is placed after sum: 100 EUR

that's why is great to ask a native speaker
-especially a highly educated native speaker-

100 Eur
100 €

Eur 100 is ok too
but not my favorite choice

but never EUR 100 €

thats stupid

you bet that amazon does it correctly

upload_2021-7-21_13-0-4.png

as we talk about doing it correctly

here is the correct and tested way to handle VAT in Germany

upload_2021-7-21_13-3-4.png

Last edited:
•••
It is not about nations or native speakers.
It is unified in the financial world.
Sign or ISO code of your choice.
If you choose sign - then it prepends, if ISO code - then always after sum.

Exception for dollars, both sign and ISO code must be used OR without sign:
$100 CAD / 100 CAD
$100 AUD / 100 AUD
$100 USD / 100 USD
etc.

Last edited:
•••
It is not about nations or native speakers.
It is unified in the financial world.
Sign or ISO code of your choice.
If you choose sign - then it prepends, if ISO code - then always after sum.

Exception for dollars, both sign and ISO code must be used:
$100 CAD
$100 AUD
$100 USD
etc.

sorry that is $
and english - international

do it as amazon.de does it
you will be fine

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it is international variant from me.
To be recognized everywhere.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it is international variant.
To be recognized everywhere.

that may or may not be true

the way to it in Germany is the way amazon.de does it
at least that's the way to talk to a german customer
in case you want a smooth user experience
which I prefer by far

the way you try to do it
and DAN tries to do it

does look strange to the German Eyeball

That's all which matters

Last edited:
•••
•••

please consider this:

when I send you suggestions or complaints
it's not because I'm feeling bored
or feel like bothering DAN

I'm not a 18-year-old newbee
I'm in ( german ) sales for 37 years by now
I'm a domain reseller for 20 years
I have attended several universities
and my German is much better than my English
-as I'm a native german-

It's because I want to improve my conversions at DAN

as I have about 99% .de domains
it's important to me to have correct German landing Pages

so when I point you to bad german or unusual or bad copy
there may be better ways for you to react but feeling pissed

Yes, I could send my traffic to Sedo or Afternic/Godaddy
and before you react childishly again and eventually tell me to leave
I will tell you that I really like DAN as a broker
and I value your work

Last edited:
•••

this is a new post as I don't want you to oversee it

when I complain about the copy
"geschätzte" VAT which means estimated VAT
it's because in German "geschätzt" means
a very rough guessing
>>round about<<

what I think you want to express is >precalculated<
that would translate to "vorherberechnet" or better "berechnete MwSt"
or much better just "MwSt"

as there is no guesswork involved when it comes to German Taxes

Last edited:
•••