IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For purchases below $999 we indeed do not offer the localized easy and Fast Bank Transfer option which actually gives the buyer & seller a 1% discount. For your small purchase, the payment processing fees vary per payment option from 0% fee to a maximum of 2% fee for credit card payments (Dan pays 3.2% fee for handling credit card payments) and unlike the biggest companies in the market, we never forward the bill to the seller when there are chargebacks.

Payment processing fees are normal at all marketplaces with thin margins. Dan charges the lowest commission in the market while offering most features and an overall greater user experience from start to end.

Dan is also one of the rare companies in the market that re-invests 100% of its revenue in the product to continuously offer a better service.

When we read this entire thread we're amazed by the all false assumptions made and the negativity in this thread.

You are free of course to charge whatever amount you need to be profitable.

But my suggestion is to simply charge 10% commission, and remove the surcharges, you can even remove the 1% wire transfer discount. It would be better for both buyers and sellers. These surcharges just complicate things.

Or if you want to keep these surcharges, then you should update the homepage and the FAQ section and display these surcharges there, these are indeed hidden costs, they are hidden up until the very last step on the checkout. If this is not hidden cost, then what would be a hidden cost?

•••
I do not know about others but for me the landers both default and brandable are working in four browsers that I tested: Edge. Chrome, Firefox, Opera
now it works, one hour ago it did not.

•••
•••
•••
When we read this entire thread we're amazed by the all false assumptions made and the negativity in this thread.

Please focus on the worthy suggestions and reports. Like the reports about the Meet the Seller box, Dan logo url on mobile, and a lot of other reports. Most of them are legit and confirmed by several users.

•••
We haven't changed anything on our end in the past hours...
neither me on my computer.
You could have cdn problems... I'm not the only one who says that i have problem with your new landings, anyway, nexttime, i will share screenshots...

•••
@DAN.COM I understand reading through all these pages must be tiring, but the screenshots are there. I have personally contacted Dan and from what I understand you are aware of the problem.

I never had a problem on desktop but other users reported problems. I have problems on mobile.

To see the problem first hand, please take out your phone and try visiting either one of the below names:
neverending.life
personaldevelopment.xyz

Do they load on your end? And can you interact with the landing page? I can't and I've tried various browser testing services like browserstack.com and crossbrowsertesting.com

Again, most domains work perfectly on both mobile and desktop, and the landers are indeed better looking and faster but there are some that don't work. It's a weird problem, but it's there.

•••
@DAN.COM I understand reading through all these pages must be tiring, but the screenshots are there. I have personally contacted Dan and from what I understand you are aware of the problem.

I never had a problem on desktop but other users reported problems. I have problems on mobile.

To see the problem first hand, please take out your phone and try visiting either one of the below names:
neverending.life
personaldevelopment.xyz

Do they load on your end? And can you interact with the landing page? I can't and I've tried various browser testing services like browserstack.com and crossbrowsertesting.com

Again, most domains work perfectly on both mobile and desktop, and the landers are indeed better looking and faster but there are some that don't work. It's a weird problem, but it's there.

Thank you for sharing this. We've identified an issue on some mobile devices the page doesn't fully render indeed. We will fix this one prioritized!

•••
Thank you for sharing this. We've identified an issue on some mobile devices the page doesn't fully render indeed. We will fix this one prioritized!

Indeed. This is the 'page hung' error that Google also detected.

•••
@DNGear
Simple MakeOffer gives the best results.
For BuyNow sales - use Sedo or Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Yes as far as we know that is for all countries - discussed earlier in this thread.

And discussed in relation to Sedo in the past - who did at least make their additional fees more transparent, possibly because at that time they had a 1 star rating on Trustpilot - -see this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-buyer-fee-transparency.1127733/

Yeah Dan is definitely free to charge whatever seller commission / buyer surcharge they want (they are a for-profit company, they want to be profitable), but it should be transparent, display it on the FAQ pages and before the checkout process.

But I still think that an all-inclusive 10% commission without surcharges would be better.

•••
@DAN.COM Please change the battery of this DOMAIN's Parked count. Seems, This clock has been stopped more than 1 week.

upload_2021-7-19_14-55-47.png

•••

This issue is fixed now. We automatically make the domain title smaller or bigger based on your screensize and on mobile that mechanism was buggy. We've reverted the auto-scale which now resolves the issue on some for sale pages and will deploy a bigger fix in an hour or two.

•••
@DAN.COM Please change the battery of this DOMAIN's Parked count. Seems, This clock has been stopped more than 1 week.

Show attachment 195947

We cache some data at this point, it's not stuck but refreshed a couple of times daily. This shouldn't impact you since DNS takes some time to propagate.

•••
We cache some data at this point, it's not stuck but refreshed a couple of times daily. This shouldn't impact you since DNS takes some time to propagate.

Its been showing 88% more than 10 days, which was absolutely wrong. :(

Last edited:
•••
Its been showing 88% more than 10 days, which was absolutely wrong. :(
This issue is traditional there.
And was reported by me a few times in 2021 to their LiveChat.

•••
•••
•••
I thought some of these bots will scatter away in 2.0 :( :((

upload_2021-7-19_15-34-10.png

•••
My chat (since Thursday) with all details and screenshots ended this morning.

Last reply from @LaszloSchenk

Thank you for your feedback.I have made sure to relay your findings to our product team.

Have a great week.

•••
•••
Its clear to Dan's response to our constructive criticism that they are not listening to their must important asset, us!

Arrogant response sorry, that and censoring my posts on Twitter about it.

The fees are HIDDEN. Other marketplaces are not doing that.
The fees were previously absorded and they were profitable. So this is a stealth money grab.

I tested EFTY and the 2% is on there are well. Not sure about DNWE.
Perhaps they want to let their customers know about this also.

I like the Dan landers but this whole episode is making me looking at alternative options.

•••
Last edited:
•••
You mean dngear.com? Its my portfolio lander. Somehow its added to my selling domains. I have deleted it now. Even its not resolving.

•••
•••
Back