Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@LaszloSchenk
In 2020 your bot filtering was significantly better than nowadays, just feedback.

•••
Anyone know the dns records I need to put for a dan sales page? it was A record I think, forgot.

Thanks!~

•••
Anyone know the dns records I need to put for a dan sales page? it was A record I think, forgot.

Thanks!~

I only know the nameservers:
ns1.dan.com
ns2.dan.com

•••
•••
Hi @YairDD

Here's more info on doing this with DNS A record or URL redirect:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-is-now-dan-com.1141793/page-5#post-7283902

Most common way is delegating nameservers for your domain to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com (and optionally a third nameserver for automatic ownership verification).

Yes I know but Networksolutions system does not want to update nameservers for some reason. trying for the last 24 hours. but dns records work.

Thanks!

•••
Yes I know but Networksolutions system does not want to update nameservers for some reason. trying for the last 24 hours. but dns records work.

Thanks!

Both methods (NS and A) are DNS... but I understand what you're saying.

Hope you will succeed in pointing your lander to DAN.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Visitor counts have been frozen for days. But now getting this:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

•••
I'm not sure. The landers are pointing to 52.58.78.16 when you set NS records to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com. Maybe @LaszloSchenk can tell more about what IP to set for A record landers.
Only if you use your own DNS you need to point A record to that IP

•••

If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

I can only confirm that https://dan.com/users/dashboard is really really slow at the moment, but I'm not seeing 5XX errors.

•••
He said about Views column, it is frozen for week already...

•••
Only if you use your own DNS you need to point A record to that IP

This is not true.

In any DNS server (doesn't have to be your own DNS server), you can delegate to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com, or set A records to a specific IP address. That's how DNS works.

The question is, what the correct (and preferred) IP address is, for A record landers. According to DAN.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk Hello , the number of views of my domain name has not been updated for 7 days. Don't know why.

•••
He said about Views column, it is frozen for week already...
Their reply in LiveChat was also strange:
it's happening again due to the exceptionally high volume that we're experiencing.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe @LaszloSchenk can tell more about why the views are not updating for such a long time.

Last month a bug has been resolved regarding this.

I don't know about the reason it's not updating this time.

•••
This is not true.

In any DNS server (doesn't have to be your own DNS server), you can delegate to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com, or set A records to a specific IP address. That's how DNS works.

The question is, what the correct (and preferred) IP address is, for A record landers. According to DAN.
Specific IP address is address of Dan landers, you said it yourself.
NS servers don't matter in this case.

Last edited:
•••
Specific IP address is address of Dan landers, you said it yourself

I don't follow you, sorry. Let's focus on an answer from DAN about the exact IP address now.

•••

Both issues are due to their overload.

•••
•••
DAN isn't loading. Instead I'm getting the following message....

•••
Why bother with me then? Just trying to help with things I know about.

That is because you provided the IP address of dan.com (52.28.84.253) for use with A landers, while another person said that the IP address of the DNS landers (52.58.78.16) can be used for A landers.

To be absolutely sure what DAN prefers, I asked DAN for advice what IP to use.

If there is one thing I think is important, it is that people are provided with correct information on this forum. When in doubt, I don't hesitate to let DAN tell which IP address they recommend for A landers, since it is about their systems.

I hope I explained it well.

Last edited:
•••
That is because you provided the IP address of dan.com (52.28.84.253) for use with A landers, while another person said that the IP address of the DNS landers (52.58.78.16) can be used for A landers.

To be absolutely sure what DAN prefers, I asked DAN for advice what IP to use.

If there is one thing I think is important, it is that people are provided with correct information on this forum. When in doubt, I don't hesitate to let DAN tell which IP address they recommend for A landers, since it is about their systems.

I hope I explained it well.
They will both work, A records are not some mystery or internal DAN thing. It is an IP address for web services of particular domain, MX records are for mail services etc...
I don't understand your resistance. There are tons of misinformation on this forum, if you're gonna question everything you will have a lot of work to do ;)

•••
@LaszloSchenk why is 99 USD the minimum price for a domain? Please remove the minimum price requirement. Especially in case of an imported lead.

Simply charge a fixed fee of 5 USD should the domain price be lower than 99 USD.

I totally don't understand why don't you allow to enter any price, and then just charge min. 5 USD as your commission? In this case the min. price could be 6 USD, so that you can charge your 5 USD commission.

•••
They will both work, A records are not some mystery or internal DAN thing. It is an IP address for web services of particular domain, MX records are for mail services etc...
I don't understand your resistance. There are tons of misinformation on this forum, if you're gonna question everything you will have a lot of work to do ;)

Your intentions are good, no doubt about that. Mine as well :)

DAN is moving to a new platform, DAN 2.0, and I just want to be sure that it is pointing to the right webserver. Sure, several IPs may work, but as we are experiencing today, DANs web services are really slow and even produce 5XX errors. DAN may have a webserver they prefer for pointing your A landers to, for load balancing and efficiency reasons, or just to be ready for the future.

52.28.84.253 / AWS / A100 ROW GmbH (Amazon Germany) / ASN 16509 (AMAZON-02, US)
52.58.78.16 / AWS / A100 ROW GmbH (Amazon Germany) / ASN 16509 (AMAZON-02, US)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back