IT.COM

alert DAN.COM cancel the deal and not transfer domain after BIN payment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
I bought one domain by BIN via DAN.COM and waited for domain transfer. And DAN cancelled this transaction and said the domain is not owned by the reseller. I can't believe it. How to deal with this matter? See attached photo.

Attachments

• webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 598
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I offer 1000$ for a domain and turkis seller accepte my offer and i have paid instantly but after 9 days seller don't transfer domain and cancel the transfer by Dan.
But Dan don't give him any punishment.

•••
Its not rocket science to require verification for listing domains on marketplaces. I do not know why in 2023 we're still having this issue. It gives the industry a black eye.
Judging by the email they received from Dan, they did own the domain at one point. The Seller didn't remove the domain from Dan after they sold it. I'm not aware of any marketplace that does reverification, unless the new owner tries to list it on that marketplace. With whois privacy, reverification becomes more difficult. I suppose if a marketplace really wanted to, they could require you to keep a TXT record and repeatedly check it.

•••
561862973.jpg

Validate the effectiveness of the domain from DAN in your next deal. It is the solution from DAN.COM

•••
Show attachment 235116
Validate the effectiveness of the domain from DAN in your next deal. It is the solution from DAN.COM
Very, very sad statement.

It took very little time for me to verify that a large number of their domains weren't even registered.

If they cannot run a script to eliminate these listings, then perhaps they need to upgrade their fraud and security technology. There really is no excuse for a company to allow fraudulent activity.

In the specific case of unregistered domains, the sad truth is that the seller would likely be able to get away with this. Once receiving the bid or BIN, all the seller would need to do is buy the domain directly from any registrar. Then, they can get away with defrauding the buyer of potentially hundreds or even thousands of dollars, as they can actually present the domain to them for a push transfer.

And, keep in mind, there are those honest sellers like many of you. You pay your regular renewals for the opportunity to sell your domains. Well, why bother doing the renewals for some of them? Right now, it appears that you can simply leave the domain on your account, let it expire, and then sell if for a substantial profit if a buyer comes along.

Interesting response from DAN, indeed.

Last edited:
•••
Please consider demanding that you be reimbursed for those additional charges. Don't be afraid of asking DAN and GoDaddy, that owns them, to act responsibly. After all, even if this happened in the past, you now have had to go through the experience again--although at least apparently without the financial loss.

One NP member did report that a different marketplace did demand that the seller pay a fine for not being able to produce the domain with a sale. In that case, it appeared that the domain was sold in two places for BIN. The losing BIN marketplace, unable to make the sale due to it being sold by the owner elsewhere, did not take it lightly.

Also, do not be afraid to post your experience on TrustPilot. This all the more encourages Dan and GoDaddy to act in good faith, to at least reimburse you for the additional costs incurred by the previous mishap. And, hopefully they would try to deal with this problem more seriously in the future. After all, it would presumbly not be difficult for listings to be verified BEFORE the sale.
i honestly don't like the back and forth or the drama of it all but your words motivated me i sent them an email if they fuck up badly i will be making my own thread on namepros hope you guys got my back on this ^^ just checked by bank account the amount that i lost is 52.79$ but once again it is more about the principal

•••
i honestly don't like the back and forth or the drama of it all but your words motivated me i sent them an email if they fuck up badly i will be making my own thread on namepros hope you guys got my back on this ^^ just checked by bank account the amount that i lost is 52.79$ but once again it is more about the principal
If THEY f up badly? It wasn’t their domain!

Thats what happens when people are too lazy to go to the lander to buy and when dummies here recommend to place a BIN everywhere.

At what point does a person take responsibility for their part in it? You are whining over 50 bucks?

•••
------check dm plz

Last edited:
•••
LOL its karma, you did the same when I wanned to buy a domain from your list. (at first domain was pointed to you list, but next day you listed it for a couple of hundred bucks higher on dan.com)
Who are you talking to? I don’t peddle names here.

People who ignore common knowledge that there are many outdated listings on all major platforms and that they need to verify where the domain/lander is before they hit a BIN have no room to complain. The fees lost if any is lesson learned.

•••
i just checked by bank account the amount that i lost is 52.79$ but once again it is more about the principal
That is a significant amount of money. Is that what you lost from the previous failed transaction, or this most recent one?

•••
That is a significant amount of money. Is that what you lost from the previous failed transaction, or this most recent one?
an old failed transaction almost a month old got in touch with support they will get back to me after getting in touch with the finance department ^^

•••
an old failed transaction almost a month old got in touch with support they will get back to me after getting in touch with the finance department ^^
You deserve to be reimbursed for this. After all, the lack of verification is a likely an economic decision on their part. The technology is there for them to eliminate these problem listings before a sale like this fails. They choose not to implement the mandatory verification checks, even right before a sale is processed on one of these listings.

Go for it!

Last edited:
•••
Why are you guys hitting buy without typing it into a browser/checking name servers? You had to type it on DAN internal search to find it correct?

As a buyer you have to do your homework too. I bought on Afternic same thing happened twice now I always check the whois and nameservers.
Because maybe they're end users? Why didn't I check the break pads and oil seal before buying a car from a car dealership? Because they're supposed to look at that stuff FOR me.

Please, OP, don't ruin DAN's reputation. Most domainers own many domains and drop some without removing them from marketplaces because they simply have too much on their plate or they forget.

•••
It can happen with any market place: Afternic, Sedo, GD, etc...
The owner listed everywhere and sold in one place but forgot to remove the listing.
Assuming your seller was an honest but not diligent seller who actually owned the domain but had already sold it elsewhere, I talked about this very issue here.
Having a Buy it Now at more than one marketplace for the same domain could lead to conflicts and the inability to deliver the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Because maybe they're end users? Why didn't I check the break pads and oil seal before buying a car from a car dealership? Because they're supposed to look at that stuff FOR me.

Please, OP, don't ruin DAN's reputation. Most domainers own many domains and drop some without removing them from marketplaces because they simply have too much on their plate or they forget.
Please do not keep propagating this myth. That is clearly not the only situation involved.

In my experience, my domains kept being relisted, despite asking DAN to remove the fake listings. So, even if supposedly they banned the one renegade account, other accounts would then appear that relisted my domains without my permission.

When I check the domains listed that were not even registered with any registar, there was no evidence in various cases that that had ever happened. Yes, some may have been old listings that were allowed to expire.

The bottom line is that that unregistered domains, at least, are very easy to detect. Within a matter of seconds, even lookup.icann.org can identify and help them remove such domains. Maybe even a script running their domains through the appropriate registries would very quickly eliminate this issue.

The actions of some of these fraudulent sellers are very bold. And simply removing one account at a time, for each instance, does not solve the problem.

When you buy a used car from a dealership, do you think they check the car title before the sale? And, if they don't and they sell you a car that they don't actually own, would you return there?

Last edited:
•••
This happens all the time. You get a refund. If the person doesn’t own the domain, there isn’t much else you can do.
Its all BS ,bought a domain from godaddy 2 weeks ago for 100 bucks a 2 word .org not bad ,worth a grand to resell,anyway ,godaddy refunded the purchase and promised to PUNISH the degenerate,Guess what 2 weeks later the S-Bg had the domain listed at godaddy again for 2 grand,,,,same seller ,,ALL BS ,the domain was regged at gd too ,they should have just transferred instantly

Last edited:
•••
Its all BS ,bought a domain from godaddy 2 weeks ago for 100 bucks a 2 word .org not bad ,worth a grand to resell,anyway ,godaddy refunded the purchase and promised to PUNISH the degenerate,Guess what 2 weeks later the S-Bg had the domain listed at godaddy again for 2 grand,,,,same seller ,,ALL BS ,the domain was regged at gd too ,they should have just transferred instantly
Thank you for sharing your experience.

There really appears to be little punishment for the perpetrators. In this particular instance, though, are you certain that the domain was not owned by the seller? Isn't it amazing to think that, if GD indicated that this was not the legit owner, that they would even allow that particular listing again so soon?

In general, perhaps GD/AN/DAN would like to explain why there appears to be such complacency about fraudsters.

As the original poster is attempting to do now, though, would-be buyers, financially harmed by such transactions, deserve reimbursement. Perhaps that will be a start, to encouraging the elimination of these unwelcomed listings.

Last edited:
•••

They are not end users they are domainers who won’t admit they didn’t even bother to type the name into a browser. I don’t know about anyone else but I type many names into a browser per day as well as do whois checks.

•••
Its not rocket science to require verification for listing domains on marketplaces. I do not know why in 2023 we're still having this issue. It gives the industry a black eye.

do u seriously think they would not all implement it if it was easy to do. for every problem like this for buyer and seller they have to waste time too.

•••
There are plenty of domains that are actively for sale at Dan.com but some Dan sellers do not own them.
Domains listed at Dan for $99M is available for registration LOL.
PFA

Attachments

• Merged_document.png
    Merged_document.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 58
•••
There are plenty of domains that are actively for sale at Dan.com but some Dan sellers do not own them.
Domains listed at Dan for $99M is available for registration LOL.
PFA
Now that is amazing!!!
Thanks for pointing out this "interesting sale"!:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
It is easy to install DNS verification and run the cron job every day and if a name is missing a nameserver records then de-list it, simple and easy to do!

•••
It is easy to install DNS verification and run the cron job every day and if a name is missing a nameserver records then de-list it, simple and easy to do!

no it is not. u are missing the point. the reason they dont do it it's because it's not simple.

•••
no it is not. u are missing the point. the reason they dont do it it's because it's not simple.

Would it be feasible if it was implemented with reverifications done less frequently, such as weekly or monthly rather than daily?

•••
•••
Hi

it cost more than that, to backorder a domain @ namejet

imo...

Interesting point. Keep in mind, that in their backordering system, there is no cost if you don't get the name.

Here, this unfortunate fellow is out $50+ bucks and didn't get the name.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back