Domain Empire

Cybersquating question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tmac21

Impact
Hi,

Green horn domain flipper here.

I created and registered some domain names that I now question if they are "cybersquating."

One example is moseslaketemple.com

I can't see that either word is trademarked. Should I be concerned it is squating? What is the best way to not get my self caught up in squating or in trouble?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cybersquatting really comes down to intent and use. Not legal advice, but I think this is fairly generic. But, Pretty obvious which end user you are hoping to attract, but lots of religions have temples.

If they don't typically register domains for each of their temples in that format, probably worthless. How else could you possibly use it to make money without violating their rights?

I'd be careful what you have on your landing page. I probably would let it go if I caught any heat - their pockets and lawyers are deeper than yours.

•••
Thank you I appreciate the feed back. My landing page just says it is for sale and nothing else.

•••
Fair question. I'm not a trademark expert, nor do i have deep knowhow of dos / don'ts of squatting. There is a line, and if you have something of good value, better to consult a legal professional. Personally, I don't see a lot of value in the domain in question, to go down that road. IMO

•••
Thank you. For the help. It's more of a local domain. But it is getting me started and learning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back