Dynadot

Current status & reseller value for 5 letter.com domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Flipsbay

Top Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

As 4 letter .com domains are flying at a price where most of us can't invest bulk is there any chance of 5 letter.com domains to pop up in the market with a sudden increase in demand.

I am very found of bulk domain buyout and sellout and after 4 letter.com i think it should be the time for 5 letter.

I can also see a few people are buying 5 letter .com domains for 2-4$ each. Sometimes its going even 30-40$ here on namepros. i know its not for reseller price but what you people think of actual reseller price for 5 letter.com. If you people can suggest anything that would be great.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thats true china is playing a very good role in 4l.com but i really don't understand mate why it does not applies to the 5l.com market too. Why chinise people dont like 5l.com too, There are 1,18,81,376 possible 5l.com and there are millions of people in china, india too.

But most of the people are saying 5l is not worth it. And i am kidda stuck in there on my math. But you have pointed out a few key matters that is helping me to understand the market.

•••
Thanks equity78. i really appreciate your help to understand a may grow type market. The 4n and 5n compare adds so much information to this topic. I have also seen the 5n change my self. But took the 4l.com path that time but unfortunately just before the 4l.com market got insane i have sold all my 4l.com lol. Could have mate 10k net profit on that lot.

But anyway that's part of business. Am not quitting the 4l.com business just thinking why not lead the 5l business as i can't lead the 4l.com now lol.

Thanks for all you peoples supports. It would be great if some other people share there thoughts about 5l.com market. More and more info tells a lot about upcomming events so we should not lose the chance while we have it.

•••
Thats true china is playing a very good role in 4l.com but i really don't understand mate why it does not applies to the 5l.com market too.
LL/LLL domains are popular because they are used for corporate acronyms. 4L are somewhat different: you have the real words like auto, love, live or brandable combos such as CVCV domains. The value of random LLLL combinations is less obvious. It has to be a usable acronym to somebody. Right now there is a bubble that is partly driven by domainers.
5L+: we are most likely in the realm of brandable names.

•••
When you first asked the question it seemed like you wanted to know if any random 5L had value. Random 5Ls have zero value but the ones below do have value.
Great tactic.

1. Random 5Ls have zero value and will never have any value xvwqc, urcxw etc….worthless.
2. Most good pronounceable 5Ls have value. Good 4 letter words ending in any vowel is money in the bank unless the word ends in a vowel then you would want a letter that makes it pronounceable.
3. 5Ls ending in inc have value. (all taken)
4. 5Ls ending in co have value (most taken when the first 3 letters are a good acronym)
5. 4 letter word plus random letter have very good value when it makes sense. nvert, xspot, etc..
6. 4 letter word plus random letter that makes no sense do have value sometimes. vleap, zlink, etc..
7. 5Ls ending in a popular combination have value sometimes. lvxxx, tcxxx, etc…..
8. There are always going to be outliers that has value to someone. xvycr may mean something to one person in the world but that doesn't make it an investment.

Tip: Don't believe everything you read about 4Ls. Remember we all read the same posts and the same blogs and it is VERY EASY to manipulate this market by a few people here and there creating random articles and posts. Think about it, now some are saying that 3N .xyz domains are the next big thing. LOL

How to make money easy? Accumulate a lot of one thing and then tell everyone it's the next big thing. Your lot of nothing just became worth something. As the old saying goes, Don't believe the Hype!

•••
When you first asked the question it seemed like you wanted to know if any random 5L had value. Random 5Ls have zero value but the ones below do have value.

1. Random 5Ls have zero value and will never have any value xvwqc, urcxw etc….worthless.
2. Most good pronounceable 5Ls have value. Good 4 letter words ending in any vowel is money in the bank unless the word ends in a vowel then you would want a letter that makes it pronounceable.
3. 5Ls ending in inc have value. (all taken)
4. 5Ls ending in co have value (most taken when the first 3 letters are a good acronym)
5. 4 letter word plus random letter have very good value when it makes sense. nvert, xspot, etc..
6. 4 letter word plus random letter that makes no sense do have value sometimes. vleap, zlink, etc..
7. 5Ls ending in a popular combination have value sometimes. lvxxx, tcxxx, etc…..
8. There are always going to be outliers that has value to someone. xvycr may mean something to one person in the world but that doesn't make it an investment.

Tip: Don't believe everything you read about 4Ls. Remember we all read the same posts and the same blogs and it is VERY EASY to manipulate this market by a few people here and there creating random articles and posts. Think about it, now some are saying that 3N .xyz domains are the next big thing. LOL

How to make money easy? Accumulate a lot of one thing and then tell everyone it's the next big thing. Your lot of nothing just became worth something. As the old saying goes, Don't believe the Hype!

That was really a reply.... :)

•••
You are right there are complete garbage combinations in 5l.com, but as you have mentioned about
pronounceable domains are worth it can you explain what are the characteristics of a pronounceable 5.com

I have seen in forums people look for 5l.coms with at lest 3 vowels. Some preffer cvcvc.coms. Do you have any rules.

Thanks.

Characteristics of a pronounceable 5.com are pretty simple, it should be pronounceable.

• Buzor
  • Kebit
  • Tolot
  • Bulit
  • Bullr
  • Toolr
  • Vamos
  • Bunch
  • Bendr
  • Fagit

•••
Characteristics of a pronounceable 5.com are pretty simple, it should be pronounceable.

• Buzor
  • Kebit
  • Tolot
  • Bulit
  • Bullr
  • Toolr
  • Vamos
  • Bunch
  • Bendr
  • Fagit
Just because it's pronounceable doesn't mean it's worth anything. These are all junk except for the obvious ones, Bunch and Vamos.

•••
Thanks to you all who had gave me there love and given a few minutes from there valuable time to help me on the 5l.com matter.

specially thanks to hookbox who came with a bunch of info that really can help when investing on 5l.coms. And also thanks to toby for a few examples that can really help evaluating the 5l.coms. If anyone has to has anything else about the market that would be great.

Thanks.

•••
I wrote something wrong in #.2

It should read, good 4 letter words when adding a vowel as the 5th letter is money in the bank.

•••
•••
I understand mate thanks for your help again.

Can you explain a bit what you mean by:

"Tip: Don't believe everything you read about 4Ls. Remember we all read the same posts and the same blogs and it is VERY EASY to manipulate this market by a few people here and there creating random articles and posts."

Did you mean about the 4l.com market is controled and will be low again soon.

Thanks.

•••
how about adpaq also that is 5L.com

•••
i see you have registered adpaq.com 75 days ago as i told before people are thinking about 5l.com. For some reason they dont want to say it lol.

Thanks.

•••
I think most of the 5l.com sold on namepros was registered 45 days- 75 days i think it was after the 4l.com market boom. People are starting to think as 4l.com is gone its time for 5l.com any way people who thinks like that are just like me. Lol

•••
I understand mate thanks for your help again.

Can you explain a bit what you mean by:

"Tip: Don't believe everything you read about 4Ls. Remember we all read the same posts and the same blogs and it is VERY EASY to manipulate this market by a few people here and there creating random articles and posts."

Did you mean about the 4l.com market is controled and will be low again soon.

Thanks.
I believe he referred to what is popularly known as "pump and dump" strategy. Here's the wikipedia link to content which explains it far better than I could ever do it myself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_and_dump

•••
I think most of the 5l.com sold on namepros was registered 45 days- 75 days i think it was after the 4l.com market boom. People are starting to think as 4l.com is gone its time for 5l.com any way people who thinks like that are just like me. Lol
Ok thanks than i m hold it, when 5L market open than i m sold it

•••
cm4150 you can transfer the domain to 1and1.com for 1$ if its on other register and get 1 year free renewal. It will help you hold the domain longer with low investment.

•••
ok got it, but we don't have any account at 1and1, At first I did not like any other registrar

only using godaddy

•••
Just to let you know ICANN the The Internet Corporation is a 5 letter name lol.

•••
Ms domainer thanks for the warning.

i had registered 5 new domains there and transferred a few for 1$ after a few reg and transfer they told me .99 cent offer is for new customers only now the price is 8.99 for me. I have transferred out a few of my domains from 1and1.com to godaddy nothing happend.

Thanks.

•••
•••
That is 11,881,376 not 1.1 million.

5 letters are desirable when they are M.U.P.S. Made Up Pronounceables, plenty of names like this sell on Brand Bucket, Brand Root, Namerific etc...

Hooli.com featured on HBO's Silicon Valley, Vimeo.com the You Tube competitor, those names are where people focus on 5L.com. I just sold Xqqm.com on here for $335, I would have no interest hand registering Xqqqm.com, there is no market. 4L are liquid, 5L are not currently.

It's Hooli.xyz :)

•••
I have recently sold OLime through BrandBucket and 2 years ago it was Vioos (as a website) on Flippa. Both for for x,xxx Mid and low.

If it can be a brand name or a good acronym, it worth investing $2 to $20 each.

•••
Anymore suggestion anyone?

•••
I think 98% of the valuable 5 Letter .com are already taken. I won't spend my time on finding them for reg fee but looking on the after market like I did with OLime dot c0-m.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back