NameSilo

Curious about "Team Names"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I regged two domain names today that have "RedSox" in them, I can't imagine there would be anything wrong with this, but I have never regged domains like this before, should I expect any issues?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
linker said:
I regged two domain names today that have "RedSox" in them, I can't imagine there would be anything wrong with this, but I have never regged domains like this before, should I expect any issues?

Thanks

I cant imagine you are being serious..... lol (that is said tongue in cheek).

Red Sox is a TM owned by MLB Properties and the Boston Red Sox. The short answer is yes, there is something wrong with this. Now, there are ways around it depending on usage. Search for trademarks in here and you will see a ton threads about it.

•••
•••
linker said:

Thanks
Using the name in good faith is definitely the way to go. :)

-Steve

•••
linker said:

Thanks

you could try to clear it with the redsox but good luck getting someone to respond

I always have trouble with that (getting people to reply to emails)

•••
Thanks...

I appreciate the help form everyone, I never really thought of it when I regged the names, they just sounded good so I went for it. I am a big Sox fan so I would not use them in bad faith...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back