IT.COM

Creating your own landing pages

NameSilo
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great Feedback. I have only one sales block on mobile but 2 on the desktop version. I will probably remove the extra contact form at the bottom

You should. And one of your sales blocks. IMHO. But that leaves your sales pitch at the bottom. Your sales pitch should be short and sweet, and should be somewhere other than the bottom block. IMHO.

•••
I would even try to get your sales pitch into short sharp bullet points. You might not succeed, but the tightening up of your language would not be wasted.

•••
If your links at the bottom of your post are using your work. I understand where you are going with this. But, IMHO, it looks way too busy, by a long way. I think it should be uncomplicated, like some of the links others have posted, ie RFQ.com. We are talking about landing pages, which visitors will get by typing in the URL in their browser (my interpretation). Visitors are not interested in getting a headache looking for the contact info. I know what you have are also landing pages, but these are more designed to have the pages show up in the search engines, and getting visitors to click on the page. It's an awful mess. If you ask me. Like everything, YMMV. This is just IMHO, of course. I also could not find any reasoning for buying the domain.
I know less is best and will be doing something about my mess soon. I really need to stick with simple I have a designer available just no idea what i really want i clicked on this thread to find some good landings.

•••
@lock essential information such as

About Us
Disclaimer Policy
E-commerce Affiliate Relationships
Privacy Policy

etc. example @ honey.homes

Cheers
Corey

•••
Balmain.homes
Is good, yes. Can't see much to improve on, and enjoyed the visit to the page.

I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page
This one is overloaded with a little too much scrolling, for my tastes. The colors are good, the layout is good and a ton of info, but the amount of extra scrolling involved to get to the bottom of things should be condensed, if possible.
However, even if not possible to condense, I think this lander could appeal to a wide range of buyers due to the detail. At the bottom of the page, where you list some other domains, IMO detracts focus from the main lander.

It is friendly to native English people?
Nope, not particularly.

Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Let me know what you think of the overall feel, and where you see improvements can be made.
Agree, very clean. Not bad. What pops out more than anything though. I see a big contact button, below that a make offer form, and below that a contact form. It's like an experiment in contacts..

•••
It looks OK. Content could be condensed. My only issue is it shouldn't be more than 2 screenfuls on a desktop. 1 screenful would be perfect. But I don't think you can cram all the content we need in one screenful, and still make it good-looking.

This one is overloaded with a little too much scrolling, for my tastes. The colors are good, the layout is good and a ton of info, but the amount of extra scrolling involved to get to the bottom of things should be condensed, if possible.
However, even if not possible to condense, I think this lander could appeal to a wide range of buyers due to the detail. At the bottom of the page, where you list some other domains, IMO detracts focus from the main lander.

Thanks @stub @HotKey for the suggestions and I think you guys right. Maybe I will move "FAQ and other information" to the footer section as a quick link soon I've done my project by the end of this week. (y)

•••
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

You will received a lot of SPAM from the landing page without recaptcha.

•••
They are nice! I think the scrolling thing doesn’t matter that much. A person seriously interested in your name will understand. That’s for sure.

I’ve created my own landing pages as well and they look like: www.best.company

•••
They are nice! I think the scrolling thing doesn’t matter that much. A person seriously interested in your name will understand. That’s for sure.

I’ve created my own landing pages as well and they look like: www.best.company

That looks good, and the domain too

Here is one lander from me
MiamiPPF.com

•••
•••
•••
I see a brandbucket lander... haven't come here in a week :) Did you already sell? @Crypto King

•••
@lock essential information such as

About Us
Disclaimer Policy
E-commerce Affiliate Relationships
Privacy Policy

etc. example @ honey.homes

Cheers
Corey

...maybe it's just me but it was esxtremely hard to figure out that the name is actually for sale

what i first see when the page loads is
Full site on the way

which to me means the site is under construction
looks def not like "for sale" domain

imho

•••
Hey all, just to update you. I had some decent results with my lander but some of the inquiries were weird. I had multiple inquiries asking for an RFQ on products such as a solar battery! I think some visitors thought this was a developed RFQ site and they submitted request for quote! I am actually quite happy to see this as it shows that there is a real market for it and that Google search results brought them to my site (basic SEO was done).

Anyway, I have put the domain on BB now. I want to see if their lander has better or worse results than mine (you can monitor traffic). Will be interesting to see. Will keep you updated!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here is one lander from me
MiamiPPF.com
Interesting lander, unique actually. Love how it's tailor-made to the domain, in particular the use of a gradient back-fill to mimic a professional paint job, and there's even a cool, under the radar sports car logo.

My only qualm is the scroll transition from an initial background to the contact portion at the bottom. The bottom portion could use a touch-up so it's not so plain, even the font-style is almost like an afterthought.

•••
Interesting lander, unique actually. Love how it's tailor-made to the domain, in particular the use of a gradient back-fill to mimic a professional paint job, and there's even a cool, under the radar sports car logo.

My only qualm is the scroll transition from an initial background to the contact portion at the bottom. The bottom portion could use a touch-up so it's not so plain, even the font-style is almost like an afterthought.
Yeah those are valid points, I admit I've done a rather quick job putting it together. Thanks for the heads up

•••
@4pm the title in the browser bar didn't give you a clue?

Sales Inquiry Balmain.homes

Cheers
Corey

•••
"Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!"

Balmain.homes

Show attachment 108606

Cheers
Corey

Your landing page has far to much info you need a more simple design with a offer page on front page doesnt even look like its for sale ?

•••
@wizard thank you for your opinion,

buyers have never struggled to locate the Domain Details page for the Price or locate the Contact Page to make an offer.

Cheers
Corey

•••
a shorter version of my sales landers

CannabisClinic.app

Cheers
Corey

•••
@4pm the title in the browser bar didn't give you a clue?

Sales Inquiry Balmain.homes

Cheers
Corey

..so you really want your buyers to check your site title in the browser tab just to know the name is for sale?

Balmain.homes

crappiest domain For Sale landing i ever seen..

best anyway

•••
•••
Anyway, I have put the domain on BB now. I want to see if their lander has better or worse results than mine (you can monitor traffic). Will be interesting to see. Will keep you updated!

You do realize that BB are exclusive? You also need to give them 30 days notice to remove it. And besides those things. Once you remove the domain, it's likely that your account will not be in good standing with BB (as you said you only had about 20 domains and I presume they are not posted on BB). If you are prepared for those consequences. Then alright then.

Last edited:
•••
thanks @4pm

Cheers
Corey

always yours...
sorry i was probably too harsh, excuse me
but still.. that's a bad landing to my liking

imho:
If the name is for sale there should be a clear indication that it's for sale. This is the first and most important message you want to send right to your visitors' eyeballs as soon as they land on the page.
This is what you make landings for: let people know the name is for sale. All the rest is of much lesser importance if any at all i.e. policies, terms, marketing blah-blah, etc.

There are three mandatory elements i believe should be put on a good for sale landing always:

1. This domain is for sale message. Clearly stated in big letters, preferably at the very top so a visitor unavoidably gets it at the first glance.
If you sell something the most important and logical thing to do probably is to label it with a straight For Sale sign.

2. Impulse buying works everywhere and domains are no exception. Let a buyer to purchase the name with a couple of clicks unless they get cold or change their mind.
Have a Buy Now link to your favorite marketplace with BIN price set.

3. Not all buyers know how it all works. Many want to discuss the price. Others have questions as to payments, transfers etc. Some just can't figure out where they are and what's going on.
You need to offer a simple way for them to communicate with you. So make sure your Contact Us link or form is right here and is easily found.

Keep it clean.
No one is going to read those Why a Domain Name is so Important to Your Business stuff. These copy-pasted pitches look childish and cheap.
Nor do they want to dig throu your 5 page Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, Disclaimers and Legal Notices.
They simply want to buy the name. Hopefully.
You can always tell them all this if they are interested or when asked.

The more links (besides Buy Now and Contact) there are on the page the higher a probability they'll be clicked sending your prospective buyer further away from Buyin it Now or Contacting you :)

And that's the only thing you really want to happen next - a visitor clicking Buy Now or Contact you with an offer or question!

So get rid of all those unneeded
- My 10,000 names Portfolio
- About us and our big Domain+Branding+Design+DeepLearning Company (which is mostly me and my british cat)
- My Grandma's cookies recipes

links and pages.

Only leave what helps you sell (and the buyer buy) this very name. And they are exactly these - Buy Now and Contact

Here's a couple of examples of what i like:
yourrobots.com
hightechtoday.com

just my $.02, your thought flow may take a different path..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back