Creating a WP Site/Blog rather than parking?

Discussion in 'Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization' started by tdwuk, Sep 11, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Trent1000

Trent1000 Established Member

Trying to flow with the trending niches. But I'm only doing this since a year or so, so there is a lot to learn yet.

Electric vehicles has my attention now, but I'm constantly brainstorming what should be the next thing.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Vlad Tarabasa

Vlad Tarabasa Established Member

We like it - wishing you all the success with it!

3. shorterwinters

shorterwinters Established Member

I added to the cart and it was fine.
    Nice place. I really like.
    I had thought the fact it was amazon was a bit more predominant in these kinds of things. I had no clue till it was in the cart and maybe one more click after that. I would think it would add confidence for a tire kicker passing by. I don't think I spent more than a minute there poking around so maybe I missed something.

Fine as frogs hair I think. Nice job.

Thanks for the ideas and possible inspiration.
    Good luck with it.

4. Josytal

Josytal Established Member

Very true, especially if you use WordPress platform. Apart from being over bloated, my server access log used to show over 100 hacking attempts on wp-login page and the admin folder. For just 1 day!
    I just stopped using WP.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. dnk

dnk Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Most affiliate sales are not tracked accurately for some indian domain investors, so it is a waste of time.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  6. jaseon

jaseon DMDToken.Com CTR.Mobi DiamondCoin.DE Business Account NamePros Supporter

I always build, it's how I started investing in Domains to begin with check out my new affiliate site Reviews.Diet not quite a month old yet but coming along, tell me what you think.

7. toughdomains

toughdomains Business Member Business Account

personally think content on a developed site or a lander is better than parking for most domains. yes of course some domains still produce great revenue but if you have hundreds of good names that do not result in great rev then using a sales lander is a much better option. It would take years to create and develop hundreds of names. fortunately there are now domain tools that allow you to instantly develop names and map your own or other blog content to the name...paying for hosting just for the purpose of domain dev is a thing of the past. Too many tools today that are built just for domain portfolios.

8. toughdomains

we are looking into offering an amazon template to go with our news development pages. curious what you consider expensive? $100 $1000 $5000 ?
    after researching a bit what I dont like is amazon will cut your account if no sales in 180 days. they keep all the links but deactivate any commissions.

9. Trent1000

I try to spent as little as I can on development. If my budget gonna grow, I'll spend more, but I wouldn't spend more than a $100 on any plugin or theme in that case either.

10. toughdomains

i was not referring to the cost of dev...agreed should be as little as possible. was referring to the products in the amazon feed what is considered expensive products to promote? on the flip side wouldnt cheaper $50 and below products that were cool and interesting result in more affiliate sales than one expensive product?

11. Trent1000

Oh I see, sure. I think north to $500 considered expensive. But selling cheaper products also has potential because those tend to attract more buyers. And when someone goes to Amazon via my product links, and spend his/her money there on other stuff, I'll receive commissions from those products too. That's the beauty of it. I had a case where someone bought some cheap VR product on my old VR site, and on Amazon he/she bought some 64 pieces of construction goods, spending well over 1k.

But long story short, starter sites, without proper development without proper seo, that function as a landing page in an ecommerce style like the name I mentioned above, is better to offer expensive stuff, because conversions are small.

12. jaseon

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I also have another perspective. There are so many tools today, and free courses, and helpful content sources out there to ignore the big profits that come from building affiliate sites, ad revenue sites, e-commerce sites, membership content sites, pay to play forums etc. And to argue your point about quickly building. I can have a four page static site up in literal hours with Google Analytics, links, the whole 9 yards. Couple that with all the rss feeds, and huge pools of great content creators for cheap and your theory of "years to create hundreds of sites" becomes laughable. It's not 2004 anymore. Honestly, I could give two sh*ts whether you park or build, but please don't make ignorant statements.

13. toughdomains

totally agree with you....we came up with the same conclusion and created a way to develop hundreds of names in seconds (not hours)...there is no reason to keep a registrar coming soon page...because yes its 2017 not 2004.

14. jaseon

You're writing unique sites in seconds? Or are you using a templated theme like Wordpressing out sites in seconds?

15. tdwuk

tdwuk Established Member

What do you use as an alternative? I am fairly new to WP having recently moved my store from Magento to woocommerce. I like the ease of changing themes, layouts etc. I have noticed on some of my sites with little or no content I have got onto the first 1-2 pages of google search for some keywords.
    I am going to add more domains to dub.io to see if they rank in google.

16. tdwuk

tdwuk Established Member

I asked them about that, they said they will send me an e-mail. They intend on setting up paid plans soon according to their FAQ.

17. tdwuk

tdwuk Established Member

I am thinking the same thing, it is a lot of effort for a new WP user but once you get one site going, you can copy the template. Surely a domain with content will increase the value of a domain? We can't all sell domains for hundreds and thousands. Maybe selling the whole WP site is added value.
    I need to justify my reseller hosting packages so might as well put them to use.

18. Josytal

advow.com is the adserver - also mine. It needs to be advertised, too. Don't you think so?
    Besides, there are only 3 outbound links on the page, which is very ok.

19. EmotiveDomains

EmotiveDomains Active Member VIP

Once you start developing a site on a domain, many potential buyers of that domain who visit it will now consider that name in use and not for sale.

Therefore I think developing a domain into an affiliate site can sometimes reduce your chances of selling it to someone who just wants the name.

20. jaseon

100% agree with this, there are some domains that shouldn't be built just flipped

21. mpls

mpls Established Member

Where is the problem?

There are tons of security plugins they permit to hide your admin login.

domain.com/whatyouwant resolve domain.com/wp-admin

If website runs on Apache add secure policies to .htaccess and you're ok.

Does not seems a good reason to leave WP.

22. Josytal

You've answered your own question.
    One security plugin to protect another, then another plugin to protect the security plugin.

And how secure or bug-free are these third-party plugins?

Then you mentioned .htaccess. Do you know how difficult this can be for non-professionals?

Why all these hassles - just to create a domain landing page?!

23. tdwuk

tdwuk Established Member

I understand the point about developing a site may put off domain buyers as it appears to be a complete site. Maybe a message in the header/footer, this domain is for sale?
    I guess my thinking is about adding value to a domain name, work a functioning or partially function site add more history and relevance to a domain name and therefore more value rather than a parking page? I hate seeing the dry Sedo etc parking pages. If there was some content on the page, would that not attract visitors and boost stats?
    I am a newbie at selling domains so I am thinking about the best way to push up the price.
    How much effort is required to gain maximum value? There have been several mentions of 2004 etc, what is the best way forward?

24. Josytal

Good name + Patience

25. frank-germany

frank-germany Business Member Business Account VIP

they will terminate your account after your first sale
    that's even worse

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!