IT.COM

information Crazy Stuff...back to Appraisals

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Andrew at Domain Name Wire just blogged about what he believed are the parallel's between the Real Estate Industry and the Domain Industry. One of the reply's pointed out there are way more differences than there similarities, and I certainly agree.

I had mentioned two major differences, the amount of time a house is on the market vs the amount of time a domain is on the market, and the "average" mark up on a domain vs. the "average" mark up on a home. The differences HUGE!

Moving on to "appraisals". Generally professional appraisals in real estate are within 10 to no more than 20% of actual value, however as we know in the domain business appraisals are all over the place.Let me share with you a comparison of two domains just registered; 1. BeTheStick and 2. BeThePuck Unless you don't know anything about the sport of Hockey you may not understand:xf.frown: However, like futbal/soccer, hockey is actually played in the Olympics, so many of you may be aware of it. To comment, or get something out of this thread, I encourage you to check out these two names at GD, then Free Valuator and finally Estibot. Here are the results I found;

BeTheStick is valued at GD for $1,372, at FreeValuator for $275 and at Estibot for $100
BeThePuck is valued at GD for $1,308, at FreeValuator for $273 and at Estibot for $100

In defense of GD's appraisal they do provide some comparison sales;

BeTheGoat $2,195
BeTheFlow $1,288
BeTheBuffalo $2,195
BeTheCloud $6,999
BeTheBeacon $2,795

As a marketer, I intend to show end users all three appraisals which I believe will add to my credibility. However, I also intend to show them the comparisons as well.

Any other thoughts about all this? Do you use appraisals to help make buying and selling decisions. How so? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back