Dynadot

Cpanel on atlantic.net costing $10?

NameSilo
Watch
I signed up with Atlantic.net for their cloud server, I am using it as free trial but now they are asking that the cpanel cost is $10 extra per month. Am I getting ripped off here? Do you have any cloud account with them? How are they?

Please share.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cpanel license is never free
there are alternative free hosting panel available that provide the same functionality

•••
Can you please clarify what sort of a platform you are on? Are you on a shared hosting plan on a cloud server or do you actually rent a server on their cloud?

If the prior, I'd say you are getting ripped off. If the latter, sounds like a very good deal to me.

•••
People are generally accustomed to having cpanel built into the price of a shared hosting plan.

But when you go above that to higher end solutions like cloud, vps, dedicated, etc, several hosts have add-on fees and features are available on al-a-carte basis.

•••
I don't know

Can you please clarify what sort of a platform you are on? Are you on a shared hosting plan on a cloud server or do you actually rent a server on their cloud?

If the prior, I'd say you are getting ripped off. If the latter, sounds like a very good deal to me.

I don't know. Is there any shared hosting feature available in cloud hosting? I am testing their free trial with one of my junk site. I would like to test their service before hosting my real websites. I should check the up time features, support, load time etc. They provide users this facility so I took it :) and it seems great. So far, I didn't face any issue and cloud is fast. But I need to pay $10 for the cpanel. That's why I created this thread.

•••
What platform do you want?

•••
It sounds to me like you are using shared hosting and do not have a dedicated server. I have never heard of cPanel costing anything for the end-user. Usually the hosting company pays a reasonable price for a license and can create accounts for as many customers as they want. cPanel VPS and cPanel/WHM for dedicated servers each have a per-license cost. Those would be two cases where it's legitimate for them to charge you for a license, but not on shared hosting.

•••
If it's a shared hosting, cPanel Cloud service should be free of charge, as reputable hosting company must have a licence for that. Another case if you're using VPS or Ded. Server, then in most cases Management and cPanel / WHM comes with an extra fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back