NameSilo

Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Labeled as news in The Break Room, started by Mister Funsky, Feb 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. .X.

.X. In God I Trust VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. .X.

Yes Sir, my thoughts exactly

3. cbd

cbd Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Ohio company develops new technology to sterilize up to 160,000 surgical masks per day

An Ohio company has developed new technology to sterilize up to 160,000 surgical masks per day, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said at a press conference Saturday.

Battelle, which is a technology development company headquartered in Columbus, has created machines to sterilize masks for doctors, nurses and first responders who are working on the front lines. Once sterilized, the masks can be reused a number of times, DeWine said.

Each machine can sterilize 80,000 masks a day, and Ohio will have two of the machines, creating a total of 160,000 sterilized masks per day in the state.

The technology is awaiting approval from the Food and Drug Administration. If approved, the machines can be used right away.

The sterilizing machines will not just be used in Ohio. Battelle has machines ready to go for Seattle, New York and Washington, D.C.

4. .X.

5. .X.

6. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Contributor VIP

I believe the economic numbers coming for the next several months will be devestating. Small businesses are being crushed right now. Most of these small businesses will see little to no relief with the stimulus.

To further complicate the economy there is the possibility of rising tensions with China. All imports and exports are at risk.

Add in the fact that a stimulus bill may help the economy, but it doesn't stop the virus. The virus must be eradicated for the economy to pump upwards and that may take some time....

IMO, as always.

7. .X.

I agree 100% , to further say we are headed on course for a Depression, the reason people are hearing of possible food shortages is because the factories are shut down right now, so if this continues there is no doubt food shortage will happen, they are currently closed down not producing food.

The rising tensions with China will hurt America on people who rely on prescription medications, we rely on India to produce all of our "Generic" brand prescription medications, this is the Globalist fault, this should have never happened to rely on other countries to make the US prescription medications. This just being the tip of the iceberg as the greed of the Globalist have compromised Americas supply of almost everything.

Did you know: Not even simple Aspirin is produced in America

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  8. .X.

9. .X.

My wife just brought me home a present, now i gotta go try er out at my neighbors fire range pit, I have wanted this baby for a long time, I just didn't want to spend the money to buy it.

So now my son will take over my AK-47 , My Wife has a M4 . The whole la familia is good now.

Going to try this baby out right now, Yeeee Hawwwwww

Bushmaster Varmint AR-15 Semi Auto Rifle .223 Remington 24" Match Grade Fluted Barrel 5 Rounds Two Stage Trigger Fixed Stock Matte Black Finish

Specifications and Features:
    Bushmaster Varmint AR-15 Semi Auto Rifle 90641
    .223 Remington
    24" Match Grade Fluted Extra Heavy Varmint Barrel
    11 Degree Competition Muzzle Crown
    1:9" Twist Rate
    Non-Chrome Lined
    Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum Upper/Lower Receivers
    T-marked Flat Top
    Tubular Aluminum V-Match Knurled Free-Float Hand Guard
    Bipod/Sling Swivel Stud
    5 rounds
    Accepts AR-15 Detachable Box Magazine
    Two Stage Trigger
    Magpul MOE Rifle Fixed Stock
    Hogue Overmolded Pistol Grip
    Matte Black Finish

10. Compassion

Compassion Let's do business together. PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

That's a Texan wife indeed!
    a $1k gun as a gift . . .

Where I live on the west coast I imagine many people don't realize this is commonplace in some parts of the country, especially Texas and would be utterly freaked out at merely reading your post :nailbiting::xf.confused:

Enjoy.

11. koolishman

koolishman Upgraded Member Blue Account

The coronavirus pandemic drove life online. It may never return.
    What passes for normal life now happens almost entirely online.

For many Americans, a typical day right now might look something like this: Roll out of bed and check the smartphone. Open up a laptop and file for unemployment benefits through a website. Set up an online education portal for children out of school. Check in with a doctor through a telemedicine portal. Read news on Twitter. Buy groceries through Amazon. Watch stories on Instagram. Binge on Netflix. Connect with a group of friends on a Zoom video chat.

What passes for normal life now happens almost entirely online.

12. .X.

LOL.... Yep, My wife is the total bomb , This type of stuff is just normal Texas stuff like you say @Compassion , So i came back from shooting my BushMaster, I walk in the front door, there is a Tripod for my new rifle, I go crazy over it, Hug her, head to the ice box to grab me a beer, open the door to fridge, there sits 2X 100 round clips! Gawd i love that women!! she even knows what i am thinking most of the time.

The Bushmaster shoots extremely well, very accurate right out of the box, i put 300 rounds through it, that should loosen it up a little. My wife came down and shot it, she agrees , Bad ass Rifle.

You said your father was raised in Texas is that right @Compassion

13. enlytend

enlytend Moderator, NamePros Moderator VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

14. Compassion

Compassion Let's do business together. PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

He was..... South, closest big city being Corpus Christi

15. .X.

Fuck yes!! So he grew up in the coastal region , Port Aransas , Corpus area. I live across the state from where he grew up, I live only 19 miles from Oklahoma , Out in the county between McKinney and Sherman Texas , Out past Whitewright Tx

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  16. Cannuck

Cannuck 420friendly.company

Bushmaster Varmint AR-15 Semi Auto Rifle .223 ...

Gives a whole new meaning to social distancing :unsure:

17. .X.

@Cannuck

No way man, If you lived close enough to drive to my place, you would be more than welcome to come on out and enjoy some fresh air around a outside fire, my son made a fire tonight, my wife is out there with our neighbor talking, they are keeping distance, my sons girlfriend and a couple of his friends are out there as well, everyone is keeping the 6 foot distance, but we are gonna fucking party tonight i see. we have plenty of land for social distancing and all that shit

18. Cannuck

Ok...just in case zombies invade, huh? J/K I'm used to guns, most people in the north where I work carry firearms, I've seen all kinds of weapons (overkill for hunting IMHO), no license required (kids too).

19. .X.

no zombies, Just protection, I wouldn't hunt with the BushMaster, or with AR- AK or - M firearm , I hunt deer with my 30-06 or 300 mag rifle, Critters with a .22LR , Quail, squirrel and ect with my 12ga shotgun. My carry hand guns are a Glock .45 semi auto , a Sig Sauer .380 semi auto boot gun , I carry my Smith&Wesson 1911 .45 semi auto every now and then.

20. Cannuck

I basically only carry a rifle if I'm hunting, I used to carry a .45 but that would only piss off a polar bear.

21. .X.

22. Cannuck

...don't need to run fast, just faster than the unlucky dude beside me, lol.

23. .X.

24. dna

dna Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

All the fools who didn't plan ahead are bound to be jealous of those who did.
    All the fools who couldn't see the future are sure to be jealous of those who could.
    It isn't about greed. It's about the survival of yourself, your family and your friends.
    I hope that no one has to depend on you.

25. .X.

I encountered a bear in Minnesota several years ago, damnedest thing i ever seen, the bear just went on with its business. I don't have experience around bears though.

Wolf
    Coyote
    Bobcat
    Rattle snake
    copperhead snake
    cottonmouth snake

are my most dealt with here where i live.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice