Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have anything to add to the thread other than bullshit and distractions?

You are just cluttering this thread with a bunch of nonsense and unfunny "memes" regarding a serious disease that has killed over 800K people in the US and continues to kill many every single day.

I have the science and empirical data on my side. You have unfunny memes on your side.
Tough call...

Brad

Last edited:
•••
d699a8af98c7cfb9.jpeg.jpg
Screenshot_20211221-080340_Chrome.jpg
1639593533633.png
4023f017c2c9f587.jpg

•••
•••
•••

Nothing Conspiracy Nutter here ... a 2 minute video i found... coming right from the horses mouth

•••
Not it isn't. Not all cases are created equal.

Breakthrough cases for fully vaccinated people lead to far less hospitalizations and deaths.

Here is a recent study -

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

December 22, 2021

Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 4 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 19 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 18 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 7 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 12 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 13 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds

Other studies show similar numbers.

You are just much safer being fully vaccinated. That is what the empirical data clearly shows.

Brad

There's also the long haul illness factor - studies are showing the vaccines are cutting that in more than half for those who are vaccinated and get a breakthrough case.

•••
Herd immunity is not really a thing when it comes to Omicron. All the studies show natural immunity has basically limited to no effect on catching it, and other studies have shown that Omicron builds limited to no natural immunity from re-infection.

I don't know how much it can be used as a solid factor in determining possible herd immunity when it comes to covid, but last report I remember said over 1/3 of the unvaccinated who had been covid infected were showing no antibodies afterwards, and of those who were showing antibodies, the antibody count was low in a # of them. I'm thinking those #s were based on Delta, and maybe other variants outside of omicron. If omicron created antibody #s are even less than that...

•••
Delta totally forgotten after "less deadly" omicron. Can anyone have both delta and omicon: why not (delta+omicron=media+control).

•••
Delta totally forgotten after "less deadly" omicron. Can anyone have both delta and omicon: why not (delta+omicron=media+control).
I am not sure if you can have both at the same time, but plenty of people will have the pleasure of having both at some point, especially the unvaccinated. Omicron is much more contagious, even among vaccinated, never mind unvaccinated.

In general natural immunity is shit and fades quickly. Omicron is even better at bypassing natural immunity, and also provides basically no natural immunity. Unvaccinated will continue to be re-infected at a much faster rate.

Brad

•••
In general natural immunity is shit and fades quickly. Omicron is even better at bypassing natural immunity, and also provides basically no natural immunity. Unvaccinated will continue to be re-infected at a much faster rate.
When saying "natural immunity" you mean people that has been already infected with covid-19 and has developed antibodies against covid. That would be "natural immunity developed after a covid-19 infection".
Because "natural immunity" alone would be our immunity before getting infected by covid-19, our first natural response. I say this because usually deniers talk about "natural immunity" in these terms, referring that our natural immunity, even before being infected by covid-19, would be enough against covid-19 infection and disease.

But you are right, Omicron bypasses natural immunity developed after a Delta infection (a re-infection) better than vaccine developed immunity. So with Omicron, vaccines work better than antibodies and immunity developed just after a Alpha or Delta infection. Also for sure unvaccinated will continue to be re-infected at a much faster rate.

About if Omicron provides basically no natural immunity, I guess that's too soon to say that. Every virus infection developes "antibodies" and a immune response against the re-infection with the same virus.
What you mean, is that people that has been previously infected by Alpha or Delta, can be re-infected by Omicron, because this virus has around 30 mutations on the Spike protein itself.

To know if Omicron will be able to re-infect people previously infected by Omicron, that will be known only after around 90 days after the first infection by Omicron, and this virus is still "too young" to know that.
But I can tell you that it is very probably that people will develop antibodies and a good immunity response against Omicron re-infection. Other story will be if that immunity will work against the new variant that may come (let's hope not) after Omicron, if it comes again with 30 mutations different than Omicron.

---------------------------------

Omicron: Can you get infected more than once with the new Covid variant?​

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/can...e-than-once-reinfection-covid-variant-1369789

"There is currently no direct data examining the risk of reinfection from Omicron among patients who have previously contracted the variant.

This is because most public health bodies define “reinfection” as two positive test results for the same individual 90 or more days apart.

Residual signs of Covid infection can show for up to three months on a PCR test, so the only reliable way of talking about reinfection is to include a 90-day window between positive tests."

Last edited:
•••
When saying "natural immunity" you mean people that has been already infected with covid-19 and has developed antibodies against covid. That would be "natural immunity developed after a covid-19 infection".
Because "natural immunity" alone would be our immunity before getting infected by covid-19, our first natural response. I say this because usually deniers talk about "natural immunity" in these terms, referring that our natural immunity, even before being infected by covid-19, would be enough against covid-19 infection and disease.

But you are right, Omicron bypasses natural immunity developed after a Delta infection (a re-infection) better than vaccine developed immunity. So with Omicron, vaccines work better than antibodies and immunity developed just after a Alfa or Delta infection. Also for sure unvaccinated will continue to be re-infected at a much faster rate.

About if Omicron provides basically no natural immunity, I guess that's too soon to say that. Every virus infection developes "antibodies" and a immune response against the re-infection with the same virus.
What you mean, is that people that has been previously infected by Alfa or Delta, can be re-infected by Omicron, because this virus has around 30 mutations on the Spike protein itself.

To know if Omicron will be able to re-infect people previously infected by Omicron, that will be known only after around 90 days after the first infection by Omicron, and this virus is still "too young" to know that.
But I can tell you that it is very probably that people will develop antibodies and a good immunity response against Omicron re-infection. Other story will be if that immunity will work against the new variant that may come (let's hope not) after Omicron, if it comes again with 30 mutations different than the Omicron virus.

---------------------------------

Omicron: Can you get infected more than once with the new Covid variant?​

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/can...e-than-once-reinfection-covid-variant-1369789

"There is currently no direct data examining the risk of reinfection from Omicron among patients who have previously contracted the variant.

This is because most public health bodies define “reinfection” as two positive test results for the same individual 90 or more days apart.

Residual signs of Covid infection can show for up to three months on a PCR test, so the only reliable way of talking about reinfection is to include a 90-day window between positive tests."
Yeah, I normally put "natural immunity" in quotes as it seems to be some anti-vax argument that is superior to vaccine immunity, despite the empirical data showing otherwise. You are basically being infected with COVID, and building up worse immunity than just being vaccinated in the first place.

I have have seen many people talk about "natural immunity" as if it is some magical shield that will prevent them from ever being infected again, which it isn't. The immunity is inferior to the vaccines on all data points.

The vaccine limits spread and mitigates symptoms far better than "natural immunity" AKA you got COVID and built up some antibodies (hopefully).

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The vaccine limits spread and mitigates symptoms far better than "natural immunity" AKA you got COVID and built up some antibodies (hopefully).
If there would be still only Delta around, people that have been infected by Delta would be quite immune against Delta re-infection.
The problem comes with a variant with many mutations, like Omicron. Then it has been proved that vaccines work better because they seem to cover a broader immune response than the natural response after previous variants, like Alpha or Delta. So vaccines (mRNA ones) seem to produce a wider immune response that even work against a new strain with many muations like Omicron.
So, there's no doubt that the vaccine limits spread and mitigates symptoms far better than "natural immunity" after a Alpha or Delta infection.
Not to mention that limits spread and mitigates symptoms far far better than unvaccinated people. In this last case, vaccines besides limiting spread, they basically will save your life.

The problem with deniers, is that they talk about "natural immunity" referring to their natural immunity they got from birth. They just don't want to get vaccinated because they think that with their "strong natural immunity by birth and vitamins" will be enough to deal with covid-19. And there's the problem.

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure if you can have both at the same time, but plenty of people will have the pleasure of having both at some point, especially the unvaccinated. Omicron is much more contagious, even among vaccinated, never mind unvaccinated.

A google search says there has been rare cases of people having 2 variants at the same time, even before omicron.

With delta and omicron both out there in #s, maybe those cases will become less rare:

https://www.google.com/search?q=can...0i22i30l6.10550j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
•••
Animals and plants and even icecream (anything with gene fragments) were being tested positive for the original covid, and I wonder whether they would be omicron positive also: probably, because , probably number of cycles were increased, and people are more likely to appear positive.

There are 3 stories about origin of covid.
1. Caught from wild animals
2. Chinese (Soros-owned) lab leak
3. No virus

Bad guys claimed (and their innocent followers believed) the 1st one, but worked on 2nd one (but they were not successful). Correct story is 3rd one, but some good guys are also pretending 2nd one is the correct story, because they have a political agenda. Bad guys lie, good guys lie , they tell the same lies sometimes, but good guys (powerful people representing humanity) win at the end. Any victims: yes, people who were treated with remdesivir are victims. People wearing synthetic masks are victims. Some vaccinated people may also be victims, but I'm not sure what percent.. This is the price to pay before switching to new world system (good reset).

Good guys may have tried to protect humanity from new invisible and dangerous technologies, such as 5g, nanoparticles-quantumdots-hydrogel, mindreading-manipulation of thoughts/senses etc, and bring international control over them, .. and using bad guys' plans to wake people up, and not surrender to bad-reset.

"Good guys" may not be good enough either, and they may want some depop as well. Why don't they tell the truth and create their own vaccine instead (Russia), and why does Trump support vaccines (because they were turned into innocent stuff, or maybe innocent until/unless someone pushes remote control's kill button).

Last edited:
•••
There are 3 stories about origin of covid.
1. Caught from wild animals
2. Chinese (Soros-owned) lab leak
3. No virus

Correct story is 3rd one

B-)

•••
•••

Anti-vax kickboxing champion dies from COVID-19 after self-discharging from hospital​

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/oth...scharging-from-hospital/ar-AASbz7K?li=AAFJEtT

"Belgian kickboxer Frederic Sinistra has died from COVID-19 complications after discharging himself from hospital.

A vocal anti-vaxxer, Sinistra - known as 'The Undertaker' - told his social media followers that he would treat his symptoms away from hospital.

The 41-year-old died in his home in the Belgian city of Ciney. He was reportedly unvaccinated against COVID-19.

As a fighter, Sinistra had won Belgium's national kickboxing title four times, with a record of 39-9.

Sinistra had previously called COVID-19 the "little virus" and "hair flu" in his social media posts, and shared images of himself receiving oxygen treatments, as well as a video of himself struggling to breathe while adding he had "no time to waste with lazy people."

•••

'Not in a good place': Hospitals prepare for omicron surge after holidays​

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...tals-prepare-omicron-surge-holidays-rcna10094

"Hospitals across the country are bracing for a post-holiday surge in Covid-19 cases, driven by the extremely contagious omicron variant of the coronavirus.

In Rhode Island, hospitals are already in a fragile position heading into the New Year, said Dr. Nadine Himelfarb, the president of the Rhode Island Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.

As of Monday, the state had the third-highest share of new Covid-19 cases in the country adjusted for population, according to an NBC News tally. Rhode Island has the highest percentage in the country of hospital beds filled, at about 88 percent, and it ranks No. 2 in the percentage of hospitals statewide reporting critical staffing shortages.

With many hospitals at or near capacity, health care staffers are exhausted, Himelfarb said, and another surge in cases, potentially after the holidays, could put hospitals in a dire situation.

"We're in a really tenuous spot as far as staffing and capacity in hospitals and emergency departments right now," she said. Many health care workers have tested positive for Covid, threatening a staffing crisis on top of a patient surge.

"Anything added to that is going to cause added strain," she said.

As the omicron variant spreads and more people travel to gather with family and friends for the holidays, emergency physicians say they are preparing for a tough winter, as Covid case numbers are expected to continue to surge heading into the New Year.

Research suggests that the omicron variant appears to be the most contagious strain to date and that it has mutations that allow it to evade some of the protection provided by vaccination or natural infection."

•••

South Africa study suggests Omicron could displace Delta​

Dec 28 (Reuters) - Research by South African scientists suggests that Omicron could displace the Delta variant of the coronavirus because infection with the new variant boosts immunity to the older one.

The study only covered a small group of people and has not been peer-reviewed, but it found that people who were infected with Omicron, especially those who were vaccinated, developed enhanced immunity to the Delta variant.

The analysis enrolled 33 vaccinated and unvaccinated people who were infected with the Omicron variant in South Africa.

While the authors found that neutralisation of Omicron increased 14-fold over 14 days after the enrolment, they also found that there was a 4.4-fold increase in neutralisation of the Delta variant.

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...utralizing-immunity-against-delta-2021-12-28/

I'd maybe question the exactness of their neutralization #s, but at least they look promising.

Last edited:
•••

South Africa study suggests Omicron could displace Delta​

Dec 28 (Reuters) - Research by South African scientists suggests that Omicron could displace the Delta variant of the coronavirus because infection with the new variant boosts immunity to the older one.

The study only covered a small group of people and has not been peer-reviewed, but it found that people who were infected with Omicron, especially those who were vaccinated, developed enhanced immunity to the Delta variant.

The analysis enrolled 33 vaccinated and unvaccinated people who were infected with the Omicron variant in South Africa.

While the authors found that neutralisation of Omicron increased 14-fold over 14 days after the enrolment, they also found that there was a 4.4-fold increase in neutralisation of the Delta variant.

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...utralizing-immunity-against-delta-2021-12-28/

I'd maybe question the exactness of their neutralization #s, but at least they look promising.
Omicron will displace Delta because it spreads faster than Delta. The same way Delta displaced Alpha and other variants because it spreaded also faster than them.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I normally put "natural immunity" in quotes as it seems to be some anti-vax argument that is superior to vaccine immunity, despite the empirical data showing otherwise. You are basically being infected with COVID, and building up worse immunity than just being vaccinated in the first place.
To draw a comparison, when Anti-vaxxers say they rely on natural immunity to combat covid-19, is like they want to play "Russian Roulette".
They will load a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spin the cylinder, and then pull the trigger while pointing the gun at their own head.
Some of them will be lucky enough to shoot with the empty chamber, get infected and end up alive with natural immunity built in.
But others won't be so lucky, and they will shoot with the chamber with the bullet, get infected and die at an ICU bed unable to breathe.

With vaccines you simply skip the "Russian Roulette" game, and get immunity against covid-19 without the risk of finding death at an ICU bed.
More than 5 million people worldwide have already died due to covid-19, and most of them would be still alive if they would be vaccinated.
Past year vaccines were not available, but now that we have the possibility to be vaccinated, it's silly to not get the vaccine and skip the "Russian Roulette".

Last edited:
•••
Ok .. so as my posts of the past of going to hospitals and seeing no people , nothing going on… which was the initial covid 19 variant as well as the Delta variant , I went today and the hospitals are super busy , I asked a nurse what’s up and she told me a 50-50 split of Type A Influenza and covid omicron .. so this time around .. yes .. the ERs here are rocking with patients

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back