IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember thoughtful posters, please take the time to report content that is not properly contributing to this (or any other) thread.
This. Totally agree.
For reference see the first post of this thread:
...links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.
So any post with links to conspiracy and misinformation sources (not reliable sources) should be reported and deleted by the mods.
There's already a conspiracy and misinformation thread for those ridiculous conspiracy posts.
If we all report all that misinformation posts, maybe the conspiracy and misinformation spreader will be finally banned from posting on this thread.

Last edited:
•••
misinformation sources

so 90% of the propaganda about vaccines you and the others share would go bye-bye.

Coronaviruses are the nasty flu's weak cousin don't ya know and there are trillions of viruses in all of us.

Learn about the INTERFERON system (Microbiome) and get away from the innate/adaptive model IMHO

This is why we need a SYSTEMS/HOLISTIC approach to medicine (not a reductionist model COUGH like the flawed vaccine rhetoric clings to . . . )

Dr Shiva has more credentials than anyone on NP to discuss the TRUTH about CORONAVIRUS NEWS AND UPDATES (I dare you to find a NPer who has a medical degree, four MIT degrees and invented something important *such as email*)

Wholeness and Optimism.

Last edited:
•••
I got the vaccine today, :xf.smile::xf.wink::angelic:

I got the Johnson & Johnson at the local Walmart pharmacy (that's the only kind that they had available).

After giving this decision some serious thought I came to the conclusion that because of my age and the fact that I have ongoing heart and kidney issues and have a somewhat weakened immune system (which I did indicate all these on the form) I would be much better off getting the vaccine than not getting it.

Even though the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses the old technology (not the mRNA) but it is supposed to be around 65% effective against catching Covid and supposedly 100% effective against severe cases of Covid that makes people end up in the Hospital. (Google for accuracy)

With the Johnson & Johnson vaccine there is only one shot required so I am all done with that at least till next year.

By the way so far there have not been any noticeable side effects or adverse reactions.

IMO

•••
LOL @ panties :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh:

Here's a fact check:

The claim: Mask wearers are arriving in ICUs with pneumonia inhaled from masks

Our ruling: False
We rate this claim FALSE because it is not supported by our research. USA TODAY and other fact check outlets could not confirm reports of people with antibiotic-resistant pneumonia being admitted to intensive care units. Health experts have said the chance of developing pneumonia from mask wearing could theoretically exist but is highly unlikely with appropriate and typical mask use.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ask-wearers-arrive-icus-pneumonia/6119822002/

USA Today is pure garbage.

They bamboozled my quotes when they interviewed me.

Check out what masks did to a four year old!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/8Eowd5jCsyvn/

•••
Prioritizing Who Gets Vaccinated for COVID-19 Saves Lives

Vaccinating Seniors, Essential Workers First Offers Greatest Public Health Benefit

“Prioritization has benefits because people differ in at least two key ways — their risk of infection and the likelihood of serious consequences from infection,” said senior author Michael Springborn, a UC Davis professor in the Department of Environmental Studies and Policy and an economist focused on environmental risk, including infectious disease. “We know that front-line essential workers have less capacity to socially distance and thus an elevated risk, while seniors are more seriously impacted by infection. Accounting for this substantially increases the benefits of vaccination.”

20210203-vaccinated-8940.jpg

For the study, the researchers modeled COVID-19 transmission rates and the optimal allocation of an initially limited vaccine supply in the U.S. under a variety of scenarios. They found that deaths, years of life lost and infections were between 17 to 44 percent lower when vaccinations targeted vulnerable populations — particularly seniors and essential workers — rather than an alternative approach where everyone is equally likely to be vaccinated.

“We also found that in regions where there was a faster increase in infections, and where there is less masking and social distancing occurring, targeting was even more important in avoiding those outcomes,” said lead author Jack Buckner, a Ph.D. candidate in the UC Davis Graduate Group in Ecology.

•••
As of this morning (5:47 am Central time) I have had zero side effects from the Covid vaccine that I got yesterday (not even soreness in my arm).

I did feel a little sleepy yesterday evening after getting the shot in the afternoon, but I am not sure if it was because of the vaccine or the fact that I had gotten up earlier than usual to get ready for going to get the vaccine.

By the way the reason I sometimes make a post this early in the morning is because my cat wakes me up to feed her, but then I'll go back to sleep again. So I guess you can say that I have made a lot of my posts in the middle of my sleep. :xf.smile::xf.wink::angelic:

PS: I didn't take my daily aspirin yesterday before the shot, but I am going to start on it again today.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 9:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 2,861,548
United States: 568,513
Brazil: 330,297
India: 164,655
Russia: 100,374
United Kingdom: 126,826
France: 96,493
Italy: 110,704
Spain: 75,698
Mexico: 204,011
Poland: 54,941
South Africa: 52,954
Indonesia: 41,669
Netherlands: 16,606
Canada: 23,050
Chile: 23,524
Belgium: 23,130
Philippines: 13,425
Japan : 9,221
Bolivia: 12,316
Papua New Guinea: 61

•••
I did feel a little sleepy yesterday evening after getting the shot in the afternoon

The same thing happened to me after my second vaccine. Four hours after I got really drowsy -- but a one-hour nap took care of that problem. That was my only side effect.

•••
This. Totally agree.
For reference see the first post of this thread:

So any post with links to conspiracy and misinformation sources (not reliable sources) should be reported and deleted by the mods.
There's already a conspiracy and misinformation thread for those ridiculous conspiracy posts.
If we all report all that misinformation posts, maybe the conspiracy and misinformation spreader will be finally banned from posting on this thread.

Mods won't do a thing, unless "threatening" takes place.

•••
The same thing happened to me after my second vaccine. Four hours after I got really drowsy -- but a one-hour nap took care of that problem. That was my only side effect.

I wasn't sure if there were going to be any allergic or adverse reactions to the vaccine so I tried not to fall sleep when I got back home so that I could keep an eye on things.

Having to get up early and lack of sleep totally ruins the rest of my day specially if I have to leave home to go somewhere. It seems like all my pains and symptoms get worse to the point that I can't even bend down to tie my shoelaces and I keep getting cramps in my stomach all day. So getting enough rest and sticking to my regular schedule and being able to relax at home is very important for me now that I am getting older (that is if my neighbor and their handlers let me do that :xf.frown::yawn::angelic:).

Sorry, I didn't mean to take the thread off topic by talking about my vaccine experience, but I thought that the info might be useful to others who might be in the same situation as me.

It would be nice if everyone else would share their vaccine experience here too so that we can see what common symptoms people have developed after getting the vaccines (like getting sleepy).

Ultimately everyone has to decide for themselves based on their own situations and circumstances as to whether to get the vaccine or not, but so far the majority of the data suggests that most people are going to be better off by getting the vaccine than not despite of any temporary side effects that they might have to endure.

IMO

Comparing the differences between Covid 19 vaccines: (from Mayo Clinic)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine/comparing-vaccines

CDC guidance for people with underlying Medical Conditions: (as of March 12, 2021)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/underlying-conditions.html

Last edited:
•••
I wasn't sure if there were going to be any allergic or adverse reactions to the vaccine so I tried not to fall sleep when I got back home so that I could keep an eye on things.
Usually if there is an allergic reaction, it happens 15-30 minutes after the shot.
So getting enough rest and sticking to my regular schedule and being able to relax at home is very important for me now that I am getting older
Rest at home and relax. The advice is to sleep well before and after the shot, to get your body stronger and generate a strong antibody and T-cell response.
The temporary side effects after the vaccine are normal, and it usually means that your body is reacting well to the vaccine and developing a controlled immune response to the vaccine.

Could a good night's sleep improve COVID-19 vaccine efficacy?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(21)00126-0/fulltext

"...10 days after vaccination against the seasonal influenza virus (1996–97), IgG antibody titres in individuals who were immunised after four consecutive nights of sleep restricted to 4 h were less than half of those measured in individuals without such sleep deficits.

Similarly, shorter actigraphy-based sleep duration was associated with a lower secondary antibody response to hepatitis B vaccination.

Sleep might also boost aspects of virus-specific adaptive cellular immunity. Compared to wakefulness, sleep in the night following vaccination against hepatitis A doubled the relative proportion of virus-specific T helper cells, which are known to play a prominent role in host-protective immune responses."

"...among those whose immune systems' ability to fight infectious diseases is compromised or absent (eg, immunosuppressed individuals), extending sleep duration during the night after the vaccination might help ensure an adequate response to vaccines and potentially contribute to reducing the incidence of severe disease."

Last edited:
•••
Usually if there is an allergic reaction, it happens 15-30 minutes after the shot.

Rest at home and relax.

I know that's why they keep people for observation for a few minutes after administering the shot. But I was a little more careful because of having some underlying medical conditions and weren't sure what might happen after I got home.

Having gotten the vaccine does give me some peace of mind now and although it might take couple of weeks for it to go into full effect, but still helps me to be able to relax a little more now that I got the shot.

Hope everyone else who wants to get the Covid Vaccine can get it this month.

IMO

•••
Canada: Gestapo came again to intimidate the Church parishioners during the Passover!!!

Pastor clears them out!

Happy Easter!

Last edited:
•••
Michigan adds more than 8,400 new Covid-19 cases in one day, the most since December

(CNN)Michigan reported 8,413 new Covid-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the state's total pandemic case count to 692,206, according to the state's health department.

Saturday's daily case count is the highest the state has reported since December 7, when the reported case count was 9,350, state statistics show.

Just eight weeks ago, state data showed the daily reported case count was as low as 563 cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/04/us/michigan-rising-covid-cases/index.html

•••
Michigan adds more than 8,400 new Covid-19 cases in one day, the most since December

(CNN)Michigan reported 8,413 new Covid-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the state's total pandemic case count to 692,206, according to the state's health department.

Saturday's daily case count is the highest the state has reported since December 7, when the reported case count was 9,350, state statistics show.

Just eight weeks ago, state data showed the daily reported case count was as low as 563 cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/04/us/michigan-rising-covid-cases/index.html

Funny. Everybody will start closing down again at the exact same time.

Suburban Cook Co. on brink of new COVID restrictions, health officials fear https://news.yahoo.com/easter-travelers-pass-ohare-cdc-031857943.html?

Last edited:
•••
•••
How New Zealand's Covid success made it a laboratory for the world

Jenene Crossan doesn’t know where she got it. “I caught it in London, have no idea where or from who, in March 2020,” she says. “I’ve been sick ever since.” Crossan used to worry about it – going back over possible infection scenarios, exchanging theories with a friend who got ill at the same time. These days, though, she’s come to terms with not knowing. “The reality is it doesn’t matter,” she says. “London was awash.”

New Zealand is one of the few places in the world where that’s not the case. The country eliminated Covid 19 in the community by shutting its border in mid-March 2020, introducing compulsory quarantine for all returnees, and instituting a series of lockdowns to stamp out existing clusters. Every so often, a case slips through the border, causing a small outbreak. But without community transmission in the background, New Zealand can drill down into individual cases with forensic detail.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/...id-success-made-it-a-laboratory-for-the-world

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 2,867,762
United States: 568,777
Brazil: 331,530
India: 165,132
Russia: 100,717
United Kingdom: 126,836
France: 96,678
Italy: 111,030
Spain: 75,698
Mexico: 204,147
Poland: 55,005
South Africa: 52,987
Indonesia: 41,815
Netherlands: 16,622
Canada: 23,062
Chile: 23,644
Belgium: 23,169
Philippines: 13,435
Japan : 9,221
Bolivia: 12,324
Papua New Guinea: 61

•••
Just to report that I still haven't had any noticeable side effects from the Covid vaccine,

Overall I am very happy that I got the vaccine.

I haven't found any definitive answer as to how long the Covid vaccines are going to last, I guess we should know something as time goes by and more research is done in this area, but most likely we are going to need booster shots every year after this.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a cluster f**k masterclass...with the many mixed messages in the media these days, most people are having difficulty separating the wheat from the chaff. :xf.confused:

That's easy. Just tell them to believe/do whatever Compassion is against. That should make them 90+% right. ;)

Here's one for you guys, to see if anyone knows anything about this. I was talking to a 70+ year old guy today who'd gotten his 1st Pfizer shot about 1 1/2 weeks ago. He said it seems he can breathe better than he has in some time - he had a heart attack a couple years ago and has had what sounded like some mucus buildup in his lungs. I said I'd do a check to see if there might be some link.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back