Dynadot

Could a WildWest Domains Reseller Do Good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm currently looking into starting a domain registrar using a reseller and I'm all ready to go. I'm wondering can it do well and if so what must I do to try to make it good? Also I was wondering if I can fully change the layout as I sent a question to their support and the answer they gave me was a catolouge that told me what they offer to me. I already have a layout and a site name so I was wondering if I could use it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably would do good, with enom you have to do ALOT of work but with WildWest Domains you nearly do nothing...
you just advertise and collect the money :)

•••
You will really need to make it look unique,And advertise and promote heavily due to the extreme amount of competetion.I have a wildwest reseller site that i bought from someone that had to to sale it,It was only 3 months old and he practically gave it to me so i bought it,But i don't have any advertising=promotion campain going on for it,Just a place for me to get a discount on DNs,I will probably be selling it before to long,Has a great name,Logo and all,Reganame.com Like i say,I have only used it to buy DNs at a wholesale price,So i have'nt made any real money off the site,I have no plans of advertising-Promoting the site.

Last edited:
•••
You can do very well providing you do some marketing - especially word-of-mouth. PPC on Google and Yahoo/Overture is too expensive for most resellers.

•••
Please do NOT make the mistake of entering this industry. The only time that I would recommend it would be if you are offering domains along with hosting packages. You see, it will be hard to get people to register domains with you, and even if they do, you only make about $2 (on average) per year from them in order to stay competative. So even if you have 1k customers (YES 1k!) you will only make around $2k per year profit. You would be better off entering an industry, where there is less competition and much much more money per customer available. With the reseller, all you are doing is making the registrar more money.

•••
I have a question though that wild west wont seem to answer for me. Can you change the layout completely? I know already the one they give you is customizable but can I add my own layout? I've sent them tons of emails and all I get is offers.

•••
I would really suggest that you forget about it completly. Its a bad investment IMO.

•••
Zeeble said:
I would really suggest that you forget about it completly. Its a bad investment IMO.

Isn't it good for something like if you want a discount on domains? Godaddy is good but if you can pay wholesale prices with the service of GoDaddy isn't that something good?

Also if you change your total identity who would know its a GoDaddy reseller except after you register a domain and use whois source.

BTW I'm not really in it for profit. I want something I can gain a lot of customers on then sell or park.

•••
In that case you may as well get a free directi reseller account without paying the $99.

•••
Zeeble said:
In that case you may as well get a free directi reseller account without paying the $99.

I agree,I paid $15 for my WWD reseller account because of the above post,To my knowlege you can not upload your own layout,And the wholesale price on .com,.net are $7.70,So that's not that great of a discount,IMO.The business is so extremly competetive,I did'nt even think about advertising and promoting my site.It would cost alot for effective advertising and promotion.And it's just not worth it IMO.

•••
Probably good.. good luck :)

All the best :wave:

•••
Being a domain reseller might be a good idea if you also offer hosting. You would be able to offer your customers a domain at a little above wholesale yet cheaper than what GoDaddy actually charges. So basically you gain a new hosting customer plus make a domain sale.

•••
Hi Humdizzy,

From my understanding you can change the layout for your account. By changing the layout fully, only problem will that when customer goes to buy any of the services/product then they will be seeing a different layout (that is the default layout).
What most people do is either they use the default layout or retain the tab menu. Advantage of retaining tab menu is that the customer is able to see some similarity in the pages.
If you are interested in having a reseller account then you can also buy it from http://www.SassyDomains.com . Do let me know if you have questions.

Hi Xfactor,

If you have decided not to continue Reganame.com and still want to continue buying domain names at wholesale price, please let me know.

Thanks.

•••
Humdizzy said:
Also if you change your total identity who would know its a GoDaddy reseller except after you register a domain and use whois source.

Because they all look similar to GoDaddy's layout and all the site calls are to secureserver.net ;)

If you know you'd have the clientelle for this: then great.

But if you don't already have the interest, I would be careful.

Just my .02.

-Allan

•••
epay said:
Hi Humdizzy,

From my understanding you can change the layout for your account. By changing the layout fully, only problem will that when customer goes to buy any of the services/product then they will be seeing a different layout (that is the default layout).
What most people do is either they use the default layout or retain the tab menu. Advantage of retaining tab menu is that the customer is able to see some similarity in the pages.
If you are interested in having a reseller account then you can also buy it from http://www.SassyDomains.com . Do let me know if you have questions.

Hi Xfactor,

If you have decided not to continue Reganame.com and still want to continue buying domain names at wholesale price, please let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks a bunch epay,Will do,I have'nt sold the site yet,But will be doing so in the very near future.

•••
XFactor, if you plan on selling your WWD Reseller Account/Site please keep me updated. I'm really interested in starting a domain/hosting business and the prices that WWD offer are excellent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back