IT.COM

Contacting the owner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a domain which is not being used and is about to be expired.I know the owner's email , address.

The Whois records were updated 5 years ago for all the domains she owns.I even have her Facebook and Twitter profile but it isn't active since 2012.

Through archive.org , the domain was only used from 2011-2013 and then an empty page.

I messaged her on Facebook , no response or "seen".Sent her an email on her yahoo and another email , no response.Tried to call her (Canada) but wouldn't connect.

So not sure what I'd do now? The domain is at GoDaddy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you can place the domain on backorder and wait for it to expire or perhaps try contact her on Linkedin.

You could possibly also use waybackmachine to check the domain and see what site was on it previously, if it was a business of some sorts then you could try get the phone number of the business and give them a call looking for her. She might not be the business owner but chances are the owner of the business would know how to get hold of her.

•••
I think you can place the domain on backorder and wait for it to expire or perhaps try contact her on Linkedin.

You could possibly also use waybackmachine to check the domain and see what site was on it previously, if it was a business of some sorts then you could try get the phone number of the business and give them a call looking for her. She might not be the business owner but chances are the owner of the business would know how to get hold of her.
already done that , she doesn't have a LinkedIn but a non active Facebook and Twitter account

•••
it happens. I tried to get in touch with the owner, a fellow kinsman, of chidi.com until a chinese dude paid $10k for it. Tried every means to get in touch but he just wouldn't pick.

•••
it happens. I tried to get in touch with the owner, a fellow kinsman, of chidi.com until a chinese dude paid $10k for it. Tried every means to get in touch but he just wouldn't pick.
Yup that domain is worth atleast 5k$ right now.

It seems like the owner died in 2013 as there is no trace left after 2013.

Tried to call all numbers , all people in Canada who had that name (even one in USA) , emailed , contacted in Facebook and Twitter.

Too bad.

•••
It's very common for domain owners to die and nobody knows about the domains. They could be registered for multiple years and when they are ready to expire, there is no way to buy it before the auction. What would happen to all of your domains if you were suddenly killed in an accident? I know for me, they would all expire and go to auction because I have not set up anything to leave them to my kids. It's something all domainers should think about.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back