IT.COM

question Contacting Endusers Without Flagging as Spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, I always try to contact endusers by my whois email and sometimes mails get rejected by recipient saying "bla bla bla spam bla bla bla"

I was wondering how to avoid that.

I have tested some cheap hosts and they send mails to inbox without any issue. But I don't want to use them as I don't trust them.

I was wondering is it possible for me it have 2 emails on single domain, it 2 servers.

Whois email on one servers (eg: Namecheap or Private Server) - eg [email protected]
Sales email on other (eg: Godaddy) - [email protected]

is it possible?

Also changing the IP address on an domain/hosting will lift the spam flag?

Please raise a question if you didn't get what I'm saying.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a good question. I will be very interested to know the answer as well.

•••
Your best bet is to use a third-party SMTP service. Also, you can have unlimited emails on a single domain. Changing an IP will not lift being flagged as spam, because it's also the domain that is flagged- not just an IP.

•••
Your best bet is to use a third-party SMTP service. Also, you can have unlimited emails on a single domain. Changing an IP will not lift being flagged as spam, because it's also the domain that is flagged- not just an IP.

Is MailChip is a good option?

•••
MailChimp is for sending newsletters. You need to use something like MandrillApp, SendGrid or MailJet and configure your email client to send through them.

•••
Once your IP blocked, contact hosting support to remove your ip from blacklist.

Mailchimp is good (Newsletters / offers) but i don't feel comfortable while contacting endusers.

•••
Once your IP blocked, contact hosting support to remove your ip from blacklist.
It's not always that simple. Your hosting support does not control independent black lists, such as Spamhaus or Yahoo's or Google's own internal list.

•••
Sendgrid is good. I think they have a spam score checker to keep you out of trouble. It is free to an extend. (12000 mails per month or something, don't remember)

If your domain is penalised changing IP will not help you.

Also, adding address at footer and an unique IP for mailing will help you to not get caught.

But it all depends on what you send, how frequently you send and in what number.

(Always use external mail services, not your host)

•••
I was using Mandrill as my SMTP service for some time. I like it over MailChimp because it is suitable for sending one by one emails. That way I can personalize emails little bit.

But recently I discovered lot of my emails were not delivered at all (Mandrill stats show them as delivered!?), and many finished in junk folders. Did some testing and found my host SMTP perform better and now I'm totally confused what to do.

I'll try with SendGrid just to compare and decide what next.

•••
I was using Mandrill as my SMTP service for some time. I like it over MailChimp because it is suitable for sending one by one emails. That way I can personalize emails little bit.

But recently I discovered lot of my emails were not delivered at all (Mandrill stats show them as delivered!?), and many finished in junk folders. Did some testing and found my host SMTP perform better and now I'm totally confused what to do.

I'll try with SendGrid just to compare and decide what next.
Maybe the emails you're sending are spammy and/or non SPAM-CAN ACT compliant. You can also purchase a dedicated IP for increased deliverability. What is your deliverability rate?

•••
Maybe the emails you're sending are spammy and/or non SPAM-CAN ACT compliant. You can also purchase a dedicated IP for increased deliverability.

Thanks for your advice. I'm not an expert for sure and I'm searching for answers constantly, but what is strange thing for me is that SAME email sent through Mandrill goes to junk folder, and email sent by my SMTP host showed in inbox. I'm talking about exact same emails.

If my emails were not compliant, it should stand for both cases.

•••
Thanks for your advice. I'm not an expert for sure and I'm searching for answers constantly, but what is strange thing for me is that SAME email sent through Mandrill goes to junk folder, and email sent by my SMTP host showed in inbox. I'm talking about exact same emails.

If my emails were not compliant, it should stand for both cases.
Yeah, maybe your Mandrill IP is toast. I would contact them.

•••
Yeah, maybe your Mandrill IP is toast. I would contact them.
There's no way to contact them, since I'm using a free account and their support is dedicated only to paid ones. I googled for these issues and saw many similar complaints, but whenever a solution was in sight it leads to a Mandrill support page, which was broken (I could be wrong, but I think it's with an intention, just to force me to pay for their service, in order to receive their support).

Meanwhile, I went through a few pages at SendGrid and it seems to me they support is better and they offer way more useful links and guides, so I'll definitely give it a try.

•••
Is their a way to chdck if your domain ip is being blocked?

•••
What if I contact 30-50 people a day, each email has 1 recipient, the message is mostly the same. I use gmail/hotmail. Can I get flagged for this?

•••
technically, you are spamming

because you are sending unsolicited email advertisements

•••
There's no way to contact them, since I'm using a free account and their support is dedicated only to paid ones.
Have you tried this?
Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%2011.03.38%20AM%20copy-1449508029-266.png

•••
I don't have that option to submit a support request. I'm using them for about six months and I have free account.

I really tried hard to investigate my problem and here is what I have found out:

I send same test email with Mandrill SMTP to:

1. My private gmail acc - message received in inbox
2. My private live acc - message received in junk folder
3. My private local ISP email - message never received

Changing SMTP to my hosting company, exactly the same email sent to above mentioned destinations, all received in inbox.

Few hours ago I contacted the local ISP support to see what has happened with emails I didn't received at all, nor any report about delivery problem (Mandrill stats showed them as delivered) and they told me that my Mandrill emails were flagged as spam.

So, without any support from Mandrill, I'm definitely do not have other option, but to leave them. I really hope SendGrid experience will be better, since I can't imagine to not have all the options offered by these kind of services.

•••
I don't have that option to submit a support request.
That's really strange. The only thing I've ever paid, was an extra $5 because I needed more email sends one month. I understand what you're saying about delivered through your host vs. Mandrill. I wish I had an answer for you.

•••
•••
Thanks for your inputs guys and gals. lots of useful information here.

•••
It's a good practice not to use generic prefixes like admin, info, ceo, sales, etc etc. It has to do with the fact that such emails in companies are usually depersonalized, like many people may have access to admin@ account, read its emails and write from it. It's known that some mailing services don't like such emails, but also it's believed that some spam filters don't like them as well.

•••
sendgrid, mandrill and all sites are allowing only email subscribers, if you do outbound they are blocking a.c.s what u think is the solution

•••
I send them through gmail using my own domain setup which is at alpnames and you get free email account with that. It's integrated in gmail and I use that, send quite a few emails but haven't faced such an issue maybe because 90% of emails are unique as I include the name of person just like Hi John,

Plus the email ticks all points of NO-SPAM act thing.

Last edited:
•••
I send them through gmail using my own domain setup which is at alpnames and you get free email account with that. It's integrated in gmail and I use that, send quite a few emails but haven't faced such an issue maybe because 90% of emails are unique as I include the name of person just like Hi John,

Plus the email ticks all points of NO-SPAM act thing.

Alpnames gives u free email hosting.? So u setup ur smtp in gmail?.how many mails u send per day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back