Dynadot

discuss Confessions and Observations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Baudendistel

CEO Wibbets IncRestricted (Market)
Impact
One month into domaining as a side income venture. Some observations and things learned:
Never impulse buy
Don't overthink the domain name
Stick to what you know
Sometimes things happen from blind luck.

I have one domain a couple major media companies are monitoring as a potential acquisition. However I will admit despite our passionate niche following this probably also involved some blind luck.

I really see huge market potential in the cannabis and sports analytics industries however one of those is speculative depending on future legislation.

Like most who were new I bought some dumb crap but as long as you don't mortgage your house plenty of opportunity to keep growing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One month into domaining as a side income venture. Some observations and things learned:
Never impulse buy
Don't overthink the domain name
Stick to what you know
Sometimes things happen from blind luck.

I have one domain a couple major media companies are monitoring as a potential acquisition. However I will admit despite our passionate niche following this probably also involved some blind luck.

I really see huge market potential in the cannabis and sports analytics industries however one of those is speculative depending on future legislation.

Like most who were new I bought some dumb crap but as long as you don't mortgage your house plenty of opportunity to keep growing.
Important thing to keep in mind is that in first few months or years it is usually not a "side income venture", but it is a "side spending thrill" for 99,99% of people .. only time will tell if it makes financial sense or not .. lot of energy, work and time is needed to succeed :)

•••
Important thing to keep in mind is that in first few months or years it is usually not a "side income venture", but it is a "side spending thrill" for 99,99% of people .. only time will tell if it makes financial sense or not .. lot of energy, work and time is needed to succeed :)
Is it that way for you?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
$500k lifetime NET profit in domains
Nice, but I do not see any domain porftolio, and any identity.

I do not discuss my financials with anonymous profiles on public forum so I will not answer your question .. but thank you for your interest. If you want to see on what level I personally work, please visit my porftolio, it is in my signature below - it can probably give you some answers :)

•••
Nice, but I do not see any domain porftolio, and any identity.

I do not discuss my financials with anonymous profiles on public forum so I will not answer your question .. but thank you for your interest. If you want to see on what level I personally work, please visit my porftolio, it is in my signature below - it can probably give you some answers :)
Because of no known success, it is a farce you gurutize yourself.

Go dot guru 😭

•••
Because of no known success, it is a farce you gurutize yourself.

Go dot guru 😭
Thank you for your remark "$500k lifetime NET profit in domains" about my "no known: success. In response, I have one fact for you (but you know it already, I guess):

It takes only 1 sale of great new gTLD domain name like home / loans or vacation / rentals to get your (claimed) lifetime net profit.

Enjoy :)

•••
Thank you for your remark "$500k lifetime NET profit in domains" about my "no known: success. In response, I have one fact for you (but you know it already, I guess):

It takes only 1 sale of great new gTLD domain name like home / loans or vacation / rentals to get your (claimed) lifetime net profit.

Enjoy :)
Dreaming

Last edited:
•••
Spot on.🎯

•••
Back