IT.COM

.co Complex.co sold for $10,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nomad91

Established Member
Impact
I sold it to the owner of the .com. I originally bought it at GoDaddy Auction back in 2017 for $455.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on the awesome sale

•••
•••
•••
nice profits
how roughly did u word the email?
since it worked so well

•••
nice profits
how roughly did u word the email?
since it worked so well
Thanks. I always try to keep it short and sweet. I usually start by saying that the name is for sale and why they should buy it, and then I try to create some urgency by saying that other buyers are interested and it could be sold soon etc

•••
ok ty
so..like 3 yes passed since u have it... when did I outbound to him first? I assume not in 2017.

•••
I usually start by saying that the name is for sale and why they should buy it

congrats! how did you convince the .com owner to buy the .co in this case?

Last edited:
•••
ok ty
so..like 3 yes passed since u have it... when did I outbound to him first? I assume not in 2017.
I first outbound to the buyer a couple days before the sale, previously I just had the domain sitting around with little interest coming from my landing page.

•••
congrats! how did you convince the .com owner to buy the .co in this case?
I'm not sure they needed much convincing tbh! I basically said something along the lines of that its a shorter version of .com and that .co ranks like a .com in search engines so it would be in their best interests to acquire the name, as they could potentially lose out if another company buys it.

Last edited:
•••
Great sale, can you share from where are you sending emails?

Thanks

•••
Congrats, What email address you send to? Contact form or outbound to a decision-maker?

Thanks.

•••
•••
That's a great sale. Hope you get more!

•••
How long did entire process take frm first email

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, What email address you send to? Contact form or outbound to a decision-maker?

Thanks.
If the OP replies contact form i will give you a fiver.....and then eat my proverbial hat......

•••
You should probably ask them to change the dns record. It still shows the "buy now" landing page. It seems they forgot to redirect it to the .com.

•••
Congrats that's a nice sale and good job on taking the initiative to go out and find a buyer. The buyer got it for a fair price too, considering it's taken in over 200 extensions. Consider reporting the sale to @Michael via https://namebio.com/report so that others can use it as a comparable sale in their negotiations for similar names.

•••
It is a very nice name and a great price. Congratulations!
It is interesting that in some cases a .com owner will pay a lot for the .co. Thanks for sharing with us.
Bob

•••
•••
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Back