IT.COM

.com is king

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Thought you’d find this interesting.

Coinbase Global, Inc. SEC S-1 Filing for a direct listing of a billion dollars on Nasdaq.

The the world truly has changed...no headquarters address for a fully remote company

.com is undoubtedly king

Show attachment 183572

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven’t you guys heard of downfall of kings. I haven’t heard of any king who has lived forever. If you are saying .com is king the same king logic applies here. Kings comes and go. It is foolish to think that .com will be there forever. Google can make it die in a matter of weeks. Tweak the algorithm to give more ranking to new extensions. That’s it. End of the game.
.com will be king as long as .com will exist but it will never be top.

•••
King is COM because it is common, in fact many words even non English ones have com in it, maybe because of this it is so popular.
.com is considered king because it is not top.

•••
May be .com has came first, by default it comes to mind immediately...also it appeals everyone.

I think the best part, it has reasonable renewal cost...unlike .co (almost three times)

Of course there are many other strong points which already being discussed!

•••
May be .com has came first, by default it comes to mind immediately...also it appeals everyone.
Only when it comes to the question of which TLD is king, .com immediately comes to my mind.
But if the question is which TLD is top, it isn't .com, because .com is king (and therefore not top since kings are not the highest in rank).

That being said, .com certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, although it is generally respected as king.

Last edited:
•••
In this YouTube video (from nP) from 2017, the managing director of nP, Edward Zeiden, says:

"(... a lot of people know,) .com is king (...)"

YouTube | Interview: Joe Styler of GoDaddy

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NUbEFBT6NV0?start=651

NOTE The video starts where he says it.

What he does not say is that a king is not the highest in rank.

@Edward

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back