IT.COM

legal “Trademark King” wants Apple.com, YouTube.com, Target.com, Google.com, Elton John trademarks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
A couple weeks ago I wrote about Trademark King, Inc. The Indiana company had filed a trademark on Trademarking.com, a domain name owned by domain investor Rick Schwartz.
Not content to just go after billion dollar car companies and celebrities, Trademark King also filed trademark applications related to the NCAA Final Four, Google.com, Target.com, YouTube.com, Twitter.com and Facebook.com.
Rick Schwartz might wait around before going after the Trademark King, but these big companies aren’t going to just wait-and-see. And if Trademark King thinks he’s going to get paid off, he’s sorely mistaken.
Full Article: http://domainnamewire.com/2014/12/0...-target-com-google-com-elton-john-trademarks/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Having read the comments on this and the previous post, I can only say that this is laughable.

I am assuming that he is looking to win at least one and then have this to fall back on (if the big companies don't get to him first):
You may file a request for a refund of any fee paid by mistake or in excess of that required. Please note that a change of purpose after the payment of a fee (e.g., when you wish to withdraw a filing for which the fee was paid) will not entitle you to a refund of such fee. The USPTO will not refund amounts of twenty-five dollars or less unless a refund is specifically requested. (See 37 CFR 1.26(a).)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back