IT.COM

discuss .com has no future

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dmytros

genericdomainz.comRestricted (Market)
Impact
It's amazing when some people advice not to spend xxx for 100 strong keyword ngTLD and ccTLD, but advice to buy One super puper triple premium .com for x.xxx figures and hire a broker or sell it to some sort of "unique end buyer".

120 million registrations of .com. Lol people.

Thats only .com ...... c.o.m ....... c-o-m .........

This 3 letters have no sence. That's only a big bubble.

It's easy to count. In any extension(ccTLD) value have at least 10k single word and perhaps 100k word combinations. Look at Google.

All other names have no future. 90% of domains with websites have hand-regged domains, with no sense. You cannot sell anything to them. They will not pay.

Future have unique, memorable, readable domains with Sense. That's all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com is the best option especially for newcomers. Unless you have unlimited budget and time to spend. I dont have them, so i strongly recommend .com domain to invest. If it is really good and premium, even better.

•••
Why do you have a .com website if you're pro gTLD etc?

•••
@Dmytros LOL your profile domain is that f**ker .com extension

•••
Simply .com has already won the trust of people after so many years. It is the absolute extension, the start and the end of a domainer. Try to accept it soon. It will help you.

•••
•••
Your post makes little sense and contradicts itself. No clear point either.

I mean after reading it I don’t know if I agree with you or disagree because I can’t follow what you’re trying to say.

.com is King.

Last edited:
•••
All other names have no future. 90% of domains with websites have hand-regged domains, with no sense. You cannot sell anything to them. They will not pay.

always been like that. despite that we have billions of domain sales in the past decade.

.com is here to stay because of billions of dollars in branding that have been spent to promote it.

nothing else is known like .com

Last edited:
•••
OP has a valid point about investing in domains. Most end users seem to prefer to spend six figures on online marketing rather than $5k on a domain name.

•••
OP has a valid point about investing in domains. Most end users seem to prefer to spend six figures on online marketing rather than $5k on a domain name.

he is not against domain investing he is against .com investing, the only domain investing that makes sense

Last edited:
•••
That's probably be cause he can't afford to buy a good .com and he is mad

•••
That's probably be cause he can't afford to buy a good .com and he is mad
Or he just cant sell his bad .coms

Either way works....

•••

True but it doesn't mean that the rest is now better. Com keeps ruling the web. But there is definitely space and opportunities for new extensions. People just don't have the taste of it as it is unfamiliar. We as domainers will make them grow :p

•••
Despite new extensions, .COM has only got more and more popular and just keeps expanding the lead.

For every website that is launched on a new extension there are many times more launched on .COM.
The lead is only growing daily.

Brad

•••
It's amazing when some people advice not to spend xxx for 100 strong keyword ngTLD and ccTLD, but advice to buy One super puper triple premium .com for x.xxx figures and hire a broker or sell it to some sort of "unique end buyer".

120 million registrations of .com. Lol people.

Thats only .com ...... c.o.m ....... c-o-m .........

This 3 letters have no sence. That's only a big bubble.

It's easy to count. In any extension(ccTLD) value have at least 10k single word and perhaps 100k word combinations. Look at Google.

Future have unique, memorable, readable domains with Sense. That's all.

Did you sell any or own some? If so please share it with us as the irony is high with your businessname which end with .COM

•••
Rubbish and pointless post - what more can I say..

•••
sour.grapes (<= is that a real TLD ? who knows these days)

•••
.com has future, but not as bright as .top

•••
•••
Despite new extensions, .COM has only got more and more popular and just keeps expanding the lead.

For every website that is launched on a new extension there are many times more launched on .COM.
The lead is only growing daily.

Brad
I think that this thread was made just to create more noise and I think that you're right that the number of .com registrations has grown, but in the same time you have to recognize that .com sales are not in their best moment and that also, at least in some cases .com has lost some of his potential customers in front of a ngtld. For example innovation.group, they have paid 22k for it, they are a pretty big company, multiple acquisitions, so that money could have gone towards com and there are some other examples like this, so .com is loosing some customers, important is how much is loosing. I don't think that com will die, but I think it will not be so dominant over the years, but just time will prove it.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
99% of the .com domains that most end users want are in the hands of 1% of domainers. So, most domainers should hope that there is a shift away from .com's in the future otherwise, domaining is just a waste of time because all the real money making domains are in the hands of a few top domainers.

•••
There is no hard data to support this op's title or post. Fact is, .com is the only extension with a long track record of strong performance.

Furthermore, if you understand the "why" behind .com dominance, it's pretty simple to understand.

There could be some other extensions that become popular, but when .com is soooooo far ahead, it will be nearly impossible to catch up.

As a domain name investor, I know this, I sell more .com domains that anything. As a matter of fact, I probably have a couple hundred domains in extensions other than .com and I don't get inquiries on any of them. That includes LL and dictionary words. Other extensions are just not there...yet.

•••
Also, just as a little side note....

I noticed that .TOP staff have been listing "Premium .TOP domains in Make Offer auctions. I checked a couple of them like a/t/./t/o/p. On other platforms, they are asking $21,600 for it. Now that some serious risk.

Quality .com domains represent the least risk for a domain investor interested in buying and selling domains. Of course the definition of "quality" is where things get subjective and more complex.

•••
A "make offer" is not an "auction".
There is either a "
(binding) auction" or a "(not binding) make offer" - thread - but there are no "(binding) make offer - auctions".
Therefore, no risk here.

Last edited:
•••
Back