IT.COM

new gtlds ngtlds are worse than many domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Galaxy Traveller

Established Member
Impact
Domainers charge one time fees and they never claim any extra fees in future.

But ngtld registries are real greedy people.

They make some keywords premium and charge extra fees like a domainer.

They are greedy enough they make renewal fees also premium and exorbitant which is more than a average site can generate revenue.

There the no fee structure and policy they can charge anything.

I afraid if a site using ngtld become smashing hit. Those greedy people probably start charging extra super exorbitant renewal fees.

There are many ngtld sites those cannot make profit enough and stopped operating due to exorbitant renewal fees and give up creativity and I also think without profit why I invest even a penny?

cctld are 1000 times better than ngtld for country based website as they are not greedy and their price is fair and even below than .com prices in many countries cctld.

But I strongly support .com, .org (most respectful tld) and .net due to their price is equal for all the domains and will not become premium for certain domain or suddenly start charging exorbitant fees.

N.B. I am a domainer also and I have some ngtld.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is true except in Canada it works like a condominium board. If you don't like it get involved and make the change. That is why you have to have residency to own one, you can only add your voice and opinions if you are a resident. Personally I trust it more than any other extension, it feels like an old friend.

Last edited:
•••
The same in Germany, UK, Poland, Russia and in many many other countries...
National ccTLD is #1 choice for their endusers... except companies with global goals...

Last edited:
•••
I find that the nGTLD registries have many times ridiculously high renewal fees, including Donuts.

Even the Daniel from .xyz has delicious registration and renewal fees...
for example thisisagarbagedomain.security will cost you an arm and a leg....

•••
•••
Coupon, offer, cheap are valuable keywords which I mentioned as ultra premium.

•••
More serious question why developers invest in ngtlds if they don't profit from them? I have ultra premium domains like coupon.agency and offer.rocks etc. but no one ever tried to reach me for these domains. What does it mean. Developers losing interest to build a site using ngtlds day by day. If developers loose interest, who will going to buy those tlds? Now my only hope is if a fellow domainer will buy my domain for future profit.
You've got your answer right here:
It probably means you need to reassess what 'ultra premium' means! :rolleyes:
------------------------

If you think coupon/agency and offer/rocks are ultra-premium, what do you consider premium, what do you consider 'regular'?

To put it bluntly, those names are terrible and are not going to draw an audience. You've made the classic mistake of forgetting that suffix of a nG plays an important role in detemining the overall quality of the name.

•••
You've got your answer right here:

------------------------

If you think coupon/agency and offer/rocks are ultra-premium, what do you consider premium, what do you consider 'regular'?

To put it bluntly, those names are terrible and are not going to draw an audience. You've made the classic mistake of forgetting that suffix of a nG plays an important role in detemining the overall quality of the name.
I also mentioned that no ngtlds are real ultra premium. They are just toys of riches. Unknown and unaffordable for ordinary people.

•••
Huhuhuhahehe, wat u guys talk about? Didn't you know i.cab got a $5,000 offer but that's too cheap! $500,000 is the minimum!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back