Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forget about .com. We are not debating that .com is better then .co.

It's a no brainer that we all agree on that point.

Once again we are talking about future and present investment in the .co extension.

If you think thats bad, you should have seen what a couple of my .co keywords went for in the past $1 auctions. :lol:

I having trouble understanding what relevance this has on the subject. ??

ok what i should do tell me ?

•••
Sdsinc :

It is all about percentages , you cant run away from it , yes there are alot of volume at .com but there ******* 105 Million .coms . yes there are many .com sales at Sedo but there are 8.25 Million parked .coms ! 8.2 Million ...
You seem to have a fixation with numbers, but you have a peculiar way of interpreting them. Not long ago you were throwing figures that don't make sense, like the number of results in google.

Simply put, domains are not like lottery tickets because they are not all equal. A good domain is much more likely to sell than an average domain. But in .co you need very strong keywords to offset the poor extension, like keywords that are worth at least 5 figures in .com. So the question is, are names like that available in .co ?

After that fact guys u went back to quality and keywords ! but it is harder and more expensive and impossible to get at the .com extension
That's what I keep saying: if you want a really good .com it's more than likely you will have to buy it on the aftermarket. But the newbies always try their luck with handregged domains first - until they learn. The approach was still viable ten years ago but we are in 2012. Gold diggers have become investors.

Now show me the good handregs in .co that are long gone in .com.

Buying .com on the aftermarket perfectly makes sense, but in .co I wouldn't recommend it, because the market is even less liquid than .com, and there is a risk you will pay inflated prices and be left holding the bag :)

•••
sdsnic what's your advice for me ?

Back to numbers which are real and not from my mind :

Sedo's .com domains more than 55% of the whole lot .

.com sales average piece of the sold cake is around 46% and maybe less !

why ?! if .com is really hot it should at least sell for 55% of the cake at least 55% , it should take more than 55% share , but guess what only 46% , what does that tells you ? It is not only about the extension , but the domain name itself plays a big role in the equation and it tells you that most of these .coms are worthless ...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Not long ago you were throwing figures that don't make sense, like the number of results in google.

misleading comment from your part , i just quoted the indexed pages numbers for .com and .co from google results but u didn't like it so that's not my problem ... ;)

Last edited:
•••
ok what i should do tell me ?

Avoid registering .CO, avoid buying .CO, and wisely and completely avoid .CO altogether. IMHO

•••
•••
misleading comment from your part , i just quoted the indexed pages numbers for .com and .co from Google results but u didn't like it so that's not my problem ... ;)

You call members trolls, and say that people give you misleading information, and you try to play investigator and bash others domains in other threads too. What's the issue?

Wouldn't you say that you are a troll? :ghost:

There were many guys like you here over past two years...

In fact, newbies and hard-core .co fans used to call me a "troll".

Today, I can laugh at their demise.

Remember this:

Trader; said:
Did you see 290 cm Schlange, very soon to you be careful!!

You wants lecken ihren Arsch Merkel, Merkel waiting to you!!

Its' the story about what happens to people who play with .CO.

•••
My advice is let your .co names expire (most all other extensions too except some CC's, .com and .org). dot-co's are basically worthless and get no traffic worth mentioning. Only Michael Mann was highly successful in selling them.

Making .co even more valueless is what with 1,900 new extensions soon the dot-co extension will get totally lost in a virtual blizzard of new extensions without any valid attributes to help it survive, such as dot-com and dot-org do in-fact have.

yeah but the point of any of these alternate TLD's were not that they would eventually get a stream of traffic like .COM or well ingrained country codes... anyone who suggests that is approaching it from the wrong angle in the first place.. the "value" is in the keyword.

•••
sdsnic what's your advice for me ?
What is your purpose ? You want to sell domains ? My advice is to focus on strong extensions, that is .com and the popular ccTLDs.
There are always people who want to be smarter and think outside the box but it doesn't work too well with domains unless you are experienced and really know what you're doing.
Think .co is no more speculative than any other extension, look around you and see how many people are using .co in the real world :blink:

•••
You call members trolls, and say that people give you misleading information, and you try to play investigator and bash others domains in other threads too. What's the issue?

Wouldn't you say that you are a troll? :ghost:

There were many guys like you here over past two years...

In fact, newbies and hard-core .co fans used to call me a "troll".

Today, I can laugh at their demise.

Remember this:

LOL i hardly call myself a .co fan but apparently you are a .com bubble fan who was offended by my .com remarks apparently u had a history in the .co saga ...

But honestly didn't want to offend anyone i thought that is a discussion ,so re the trolling remark i apologies for everyone who was offended by that , didn't call any specific one a troll though but i do apologies didn't think it offended anyone . I apologies again .
For the misleading remark i also apologies , honest comment form me giving the fact that i quoted google indexed pages numbers , but i apologies again to Sdsinc .

Now what is this investigator business honestly i want to know ... ? ;)

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

What is your purpose ? You want to sell domains ? My advice is to focus on strong extensions, that is .com and the popular ccTLDs.
There are always people who want to be smarter and think outside the box but it doesn't work too well with domains unless you are experienced and really know what you're doing.
Think .co is no more speculative than any other extension, look around you and see how many people are using .co in the real world :blink:

But that's exactly what i am doing , i've mentioned that many times , but i will give it extra consideration ... thanks ....

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Remember this:
id you see 290 cm Schlange, very soon to you be careful!!

You wants lecken ihren Arsch Merkel, Merkel waiting to you!!

Wow i wonder what happens to who plays with the .com extension then !!

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

re the bashing , if that was bashing then what you will call this discussion here about the .co , but anyway i apologized for the guy i am sure he didn't think it was bashing , but to clear things up ...

http://www.namepros.com/767658-t-r-f-f-i-c-7.html#post4392289

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You caught me! All my posts in this thread were masterminded to get my domain sold.

Seriously, I understand your thinking about keywords in .com vs .whatever but I don't agree with it. Good luck!

Keith

I was looking at .co sales thread ( new posts ) and i've noticed you bought Avocado dot co , what ?

:wave:

•••
Keith

I was looking at .co sales thread ( new posts ) and i've noticed you bought Avocado dot co , what ?

:wave:

Yes but I've made almost $20k with .co. My experience and success with this extension allowed me to take a $40 risk.

Buy all the .co you want, it's your money. Hopefully you don't get burned!

P.S. I think I own 6 .co in a portfolio of hundreds of domains. 3 will be dropped next renewal and 1 is never for sale because it's my sons name. Hope that tells you something.

•••
Yes but I've made almost $20k with .co. My experience and success with this extension allowed me to take a $40 risk.

Buy all the .co you want, it's your money. Hopefully you don't get burned!

P.S. I think I own 6 .co in a portfolio of hundreds of domains. 3 will be dropped next renewal and 1 is never for sale because it's my sons name. Hope that tells you something.

you've made 20K with .com or .co ?!

Sweet name btw goodluck :tu:

•••
•••
I guess when the world runs out of oil we will need to revert to an alternative like electric cars just like when we run out of .com domains we will revert to .co or .net or .org..

I find .com is king but other country specific tlds can also be valuable like .co.uk if you target singular words

I have a small handful of .co for speculative investment including:

Need a generator then contact us at outage.co

Need some slugs then contact us at slug.co

.com will always remain king. I also think .net have some value and your local tld.

As a regular websurfer I generally only visit sites that are .com .net or .co.uk which proves the theory.
Other tlds are not worth spending money on.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

•••
I guess when the world runs out of oil we will need to revert to an alternative like electric cars just like when we run out of .com domains we will revert to .co or .net or .org..

The only problem with this analogy is that end-user (development) demand for domains is diminishing due to consolidation trends. This is being exacerbated by a flood of additional supply being dumped into the marketplace.

•••
The only problem with this analogy is that end-user (development) demand for domains is diminishing due to consolidation trends. This is being exacerbated by a flood of additional supply being dumped into the marketplace.
The consolidation trend is one that a lot of domainers have missed. It really started around late 2009 but it has been gathering pace over the last few years and it is closely linked to the growing popularity of ccTLDs in their home markets. From a search engine developer (someone who builds search engines rather than someone who optimises websites for search engines) viewpoint, there's a significant overlap with sites having the same domain name registered across various TLDs. Most of the domains point to the same website. The most common TLDs used as the primary brand for the sites are .com or .ccTLD. The domains in the non-core TLDs (net/org/biz/info etc) are either pointed to the main brand website, parked or not even set up in DNS. This non-core TLD effect is something that .co has not overcome and may, in the future, find it very difficult to overcome. The lack of large-scale development in .co ccTLD is a major issue and some .co domainers are actively ignoring it.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••

I find .com is king but other country specific tlds can also be valuable like .co.uk if you target singular words

I have a small handful of .co for speculative investment including:

Need a generator then contact us at outage.co

Need some slugs then contact us at slug.co

.com will always remain king. I also think .net have some value and your local tld.

As a regular websurfer I generally only visit sites that are .com .net or .co.uk which proves the theory.
Other tlds are not worth spending money on.

:)

BTW re major cctlds , businesses and customers prefer the cctld of the own country over the .com , like .co.uk for UK and .de for Germany , they operate on their local cctld and sometimes they get the .com as a defensive play , but diffidently they will sound more legitimate for the local and will get more business when they operate from the local cctld , i know this as a fact as i trade with UK brokers , i cant imagine a UK based broker operates from a .com instead of .co.uk ,and even i dont live in the UK .co.uk gave extra credibility to the site as i was looking for certain brokers governed by the UK FSA so when i see a forex broker ends with .co.uk i feel better and satisfied , but if it was a .com i may have to look further and for more details as it could be a broker from Cyprus for example . Just check UK domainers forums you will see that alot "wanted .co.uk only" , same applies to other major cctlds it is more trustworthy and much preferred for their audience even if it is not local ......

Last edited:
•••
Again :

Toros dot co

It was available last night i checked it out at godaddy i said wait till the morning will check something better , guess what it was taken at godaddy just a couple of hours ago ...

•••
Again :

Toros dot co

It was available last night i checked it out at godaddy i said wait till the morning will check something better , guess what it was taken at godaddy just a couple of hours ago ...

This is a sign from God.

•••
This is a sign from God.

well maybe , 2 times in a row in one week ! but i just took a Spanish one word .co it is brandable and product related will see ...

•••
well maybe , 2 times in a row in one week ! but i just took a Spanish one word .co it is brandable and product related will see ...

Juan Calle thanks you.

Btw...toros.us is available.

•••
Juan Calle thanks you.

Btw...toros .us is available.

well it is only 8$ , and the one i took is a nice Spanish word , definitely can be used for local use .

What i do with toros .us ? :| , i wasn't sure though about toros .co , but you now cuz bullfighting is very popular there , that being said it may get banned at Colombia and it is already started at some cities ;)

Last edited:
•••
I see a lot EMD .co domains dropping. Could .co now be worthless or is it because google have slapped all EMD domains recently.

•••
Again :

Toros dot co

Well I was quite "surprised" to see your post today.

Toros.co I had regged late last night!

It was on my .co watchlist & I had to take the plunge at only $7.49 with promo on GD it was a bargain to say the least. Glad I snapped it up when i did, but sorry for your loss.

However there's alot more great Spanish one worders still available for u.

:gn:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back