IT.COM

.CO promo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aelko

.COM promos at tldes.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i sent Namespro.ca an additional, separate email from another address and, in response to that email, they seem to be cooperative -- i guess they do not know that i am the same person in both emails? LOL

•••
60 day policy by ICANN is deprecated since Dec'2016 (according to their current IRTP).
Nowadays it is fully optional for registries (WHOIS status: serverTransferProhibited) and for registrars (to block the transfer-outs or not).
And it is for gTLDs only. .CO is NOT gTLD, but ccTLD of Colombia.

TransferLock is visible in WHOIS as clientTransferProhibited status.
Just show them my quoted post, I have nothing to add.

•••
Just show them my quoted post, I have nothing to add.

Yep, I am finally getting an appropriate response from them.

Thanks again Jurgen <33

My experience with Namepros.ca should be a warning to others.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Regarding my own experience since Dec'2016 (current ICANN IRTP)...
I successfully transferred .life from 1and1, it was ~40 days old.
Donuts doesn't apply 60 day lock per their TLDs.

Last edited:
•••
$2.00 registration and transfer at IONOS

IONOS is telling me that the $2 transfer price is limited to 1 domain?

have you had any success transferring more than 1 domain at $2 per domain?

•••
ALSO, i am speaking a support agent at IONOS right now and i asked them whether or not transferring the domain would add an additional year to the duration of registration that has already been paid for and IONOS is stating that transferring the domain will re-set your registration duration...

i am glad i searched namepros.com before transferring and came across this issue, which somebody else was experiencing with IONOS. thank god for namespros.com

•••
ALSO, i am speaking a support agent at IONOS right now and i asked them whether or not transferring the domain would add an additional year to the duration of registration that has already been paid for and IONOS is stating that transferring the domain will re-set your registration duration...

i am glad i searched namepros.com before transferring and came across this issue, which somebody else was experiencing with IONOS. thank god for namespros.com

UPDATE:

i asked the agent to verify that with somebody else working there since such a practice would be extremely abnormal and he confirmed that registration shall indeed carry over as would be expected under normal circumstances

•••
In the past I moved a few .co domains to IONOS, and 1 year was added (like for any other Neustar TLD).
Don't waste your time on those misleading chats.

Last edited:
•••
In the past I moved a few .co domains to IONOS, and 1 year was added (like for any other Neustar TLD).
Don't waste your time on those misleading chats.

yes, they corrected themselves.

however, now i am running into the issue of a 60-day lock being applied from the preceding transfer. have you been able to transfer domains within 60 days of transferring to IONOS (because supposedly IONOS chooses not to allow it)?

•••
You can opt-out from 60 day timer after your transfer to IONOS, ask them as stated on the Transfer tab.

Last edited:
•••
You can opt-out from 60 day timer after your transfer to IONOS, ask them as stated on the Transfer tab.

is it in the general terms and conditions? i cannot seem to find anything on the transfer page?

•••
It is in the domain settings.
Open any domain in your control panel and click Transfer tab.

•••
It is in the domain settings.
Open any domain in your control panel and click Transfer tab.

ohhh and we can manually disable the 60-day transfer lock immediately after transferring to IONOS?

i am trying to make sure my ducks are in order *before* transferring to IONOS (so that there are no funny surprised), so i have not transferred any domains yet

•••
•••
•••
It was asked by another domainer, and was answered, and you even quoted this answer there with your comments.

May'10 - deadline of $2 per .co
So transfer or forget, no time to repeat the same again and again.

•••
It was asked by another domainer, and was answered, and you even quoted this answer there with your comments.

May'10 - deadline of $2 per .co
So transfer or forget, no time to repeat the same again and again.

yes, sorry i dont have every post in this forum memorized. i am not a robot, but a fallible human being whose business isnt even trading domains

can it only be unlocked to transfer to another IONOS customer or we just say this to get them to unlock it (so that we can transfer it to another registrar if this is what we want to do)?

Last edited:
•••
SAV supports CC only, it's not good

Last edited:
•••
•••
can it only be unlocked to transfer to another IONOS customer or we just say this to get them to unlock it (so that we can transfer it to another registrar
Per your request they allow to unlock the domain prior 60 days, this is their own lock regardless of your purpose.
So if no another (2nd) lock on the upper level by Registry - it can be transferred away.

Last edited:
•••
fallible human being whose business isnt even trading domains
Then why so mandatory to transfer-out prior 60 days? They will ban you or what???
Dilemma from nothing.

•••
Then why so mandatory to transfer-out prior 60 days? They will ban you or what???
Dilemma from nothing.

they literally will not allow u to transfer it to another registrar, which is different from the registrar from which you tranferred it to IONOS, within a 60 day period following the transfer.

it contradicts what you are saying.

anyways, im done discussing this as the matter is settled in my books :/

thanks for your help earlier. i really do/did appreciate it.

•••
They allow, because THEIR lock can be disabled. So technically no barrier on THEIR side.
As I already said above, I successfully sold and transferred away from 1and1 the .LIFE domain which was ~40 days old.

But if another barrier at Registry level (applicable for Afilias and CentralNic domains) - then you are in double trouble.
And no solution here for transfer-outs regardless of registrar.

Last edited:
•••
it contradicts what you are saying.
Only you are saying here.
Only theories from the misleading chats with low-tier agents who are dedicated to Webhosting sales.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back