IT.COM

.cn has more potential than .tv??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Australia

Account Closed
Impact
what has more investment potential .cn or .tv? say if you had hypothetically business.cn and business.tv which would be more valuable in 2015 on a stand alone undeveloped basis?

this will be interesting :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Id say the .tv would have more potential simply because its buissness.tv Could make a good tv realted buissness :D But i dont know. Arnt .tv registraitions really expensive?

•••
Great investment??

i think business.tv and business.cn would be about US$500k each now, but its just a guesstimate. say you bought them each at the same price, do you think the value would be higher or lower than US$500k in 2015 and does that make them a good investment now?

looking forward to your thoughts :)

•••
imho, .cn has much higher potential. Despite .tv is marketed quite good

•••
does anyone know why this thread got "bumped" from "Domain name discussion" to "newbies" i thought it was a fair question :imho:

•••
A question for you?

what has more investment potential .cn or .tv? say if you had hypothetically business.cn and business.tv and paid $500k each for them today, which would be more valuable in 2015 on a stand alone undeveloped basis?
:| :| ;)

•••
Hi Australia,

An interesting question :)

My personal opinion on this is that it would depend on how much you liked to gamble. I think the .tv will increase in value at a fairly steady rate so would be the 'safe' bet. With .cn there are so many variables, it has the potetial of becoming huge and worth vastly more than the .tv ..... However it really depends on how China develops their internet. With all the uproar of USA trying 'grab hold of the internet' through ICAAN and possibly set themselves up as the police of the net I could see China actually reducing it's interest or even possibly going their own way some how.

So you can take your pick, if you want a resonable increase in price without too many risks ( nothing is totally risk free, apart from the amount my accountant keeps charging me :'( ) then .tv ..... If you want to gamble for larger profits but not as safe go for .cn

I want to add that is purely my view.

Wishing you all the best

Richard

•••
.cn is more directed towards the Chinese community, while .tv is more general, so I'd say the .tv has more potential than .cn.

•••
•••
.cn has more investment potential IMO. There are some exceptions where the name matches the .tv where I rather have the .tv but they are just a few.

•••
Well at the rate the Chinese economy is developing now, I think that by 2015, it will be worth a lot more. I think that it will stay very cheap until the right time and then the prices will boom.

•••
Threads merged.
My .02 =
.cn much more risky (Commies) but could also pay off in spades. We'll call it the small-cap mutual fund.
.tv would be the equity(78) income fund. It's a safer play, but most big speculators seem to already be in the extension.
Just a gut reaction :)
-Allan :gl:

•••
I agree - .cn is a huge risk as long as it is "Watched and controlled" by the Government - They can mess up your day pretty quick ;)

•••
Hardly. China is not interested to mess international business.

•••
Apart from television-related names I do not like .tv, but if the extension fits then go for it.
For .cn I do not like names which do not have some specific connection to China.
For both I do not like generic names.
.cn at least is a serious ccTLD.
I would be careful building any substantial portfolio with either.

•••
thanks everyone i really appreciate your comments very interesting indeed!!

•••
wasistdas said:
Hardly. China is not interested to mess international business.

If you say so :o

Another thing I just found - Dunno if it is the official list or not ... but :

http://www.cnnic.net.cn/html/Dir/2003/11/27/1520.htm

CHAPTER 5. CHANGE AND CANCELLATION OF REGISTERED DOMAIN NAMES
Article 24. Registered domain names may be changed or canceled, but are not permitted to be transferred, sold or purchased.

Article 25. To apply for change of a registered domain name or other registration particulars, the applicant shall submit a domain name registration form and the documents specified in Article 15 as well as the original domain name registration certificate.

Following verification and approval by the domain name administrator, the original domain name registration certificate shall be annotated and returned, and the domain name shall be made accessible within 10 working days.

Article 26. To apply for the cancellation of a registered domain name, the applicant shall submit a domain name registration form, the documents specified in Article 15, and return the original domain name registration certificate. Following verification and approval by the domain name registrar, operation of the domain name shall cease and the domain name registration certificate shall be revoked.

Article 27. An annual inspection shall be implemented for registered domain names. The domain name administrators at each level shall be responsible for the implementation of the inspection.

If this is still true and the case - any Speculation on .CN Domains for Selling would seem Very silly to me .... Dunno

•••
it's a hard one...

its a hard one but if i had to "bet" on one i would take business.cn and agree there could be some unknown issues with .cn but if all went well i think business.cn would be more valuable than business.tv and i really like .tv's future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back