IT.COM

Can Westerners invest in .CN? What is its potential?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainerfella

DN.DOMAINSTop Member
Impact
Many Westerns think China's CCtld .CN has special requirements.

You need to submit ID only if you want to use the domain. .CN is just like any other extension otherwise.

DN.Domains is looking at possibility of .CN investment and its potential.

More>>

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would avoid only because the rules can change without notice, I did sell a .cn here and when the buyer went to transfer he was told he was ineligible so I gave the money back, Decided to avoid from that point on

•••
I would avoid only because the rules can change without notice, I did sell a .cn here and when the buyer went to transfer he was told he was ineligible so I gave the money back, Decided to avoid from that point on
Use Dynadot or Godaddy and follow the regulations. Submit personal IDs at both points, you should be good.

•••
Use Dynadot or Godaddy and follow the regulations. Submit personal IDs at both points, you should be good.
The domain was at dynadot and was an inhouse transfer ,,,,, as mentioned above I could not transfer, yet I was able to register it, lost interest in the extension at that point thanks

•••
Can anyone register regardless of the location ?

Also how much population of china speaks english ?

•••
•••
Can anyone register regardless of the location ?

Yes.

Also how much population of china speaks english ?

Depends on what level of proficiency you want. More Chinese understand some English than sum total of UK's population. That's a fraction of China's population. Which is all pretty much besides the point with respect to .CN ccTLD :-,

•••
•••
1. What average price on LLLL.CN?
2. All are taken?

Last edited:
•••
Strange. Why ineligible? He must have been given a reason. What reason?
As far as I can work out his standard Dynadot account details were not enough to satisfy the criteria, which seems strange considering I just used my standard account to register it, the only thing was that unless you supply further details about your I.D you cannot even park them, you are unable to change nameservers. The name was dirt cheap, the buyer said keep the money so it was not buyers remorse, I just gave the money back and let the domain drop in the end

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back