Dynadot

advice CloudStorage.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jn811

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone, I am new to domaining, but been making a living on the Internet for many years. I purchased CloudStorage.org from auction a few months back. I have had it listed on Sedo since I bought it for around $2k. I have someone who offered me $1350 recently and was planning on selling it. Just wanted to check with you guys before I pull the trigger and make sure it's a good deal. I have no use for the domain, but it seems like a good domain even though it's a .org Very high search traffic with expensive CPC (around $13). What do you guys think? Would it be better off saved and used? Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey everyone, I am new to domaining, but been making a living on the Internet for many years. I purchased CloudStorage.org from auction a few months back. I have had it listed on Sedo since I bought it for around $2k. I have someone who offered me $1350 recently and was planning on selling it. Just wanted to check with you guys before I pull the trigger and make sure it's a good deal. I have no use for the domain, but it seems like a good domain even though it's a .org Very high search traffic with expensive CPC (around $13). What do you guys think? Would it be better off saved and used? Thanks in advance!

either Counter and wait for them to counter either way Push to free Sedo auction.

why not right? what have you got to lose? I mean that $1350 is already "in the bag" yes?

wait?!? the offer was submitted via Sedo right? if so? continute with thee above. and good luck!

remember you didn't get into this just to lose money or break even.

•••
Thanks for the reply Avtar! They contacted me through e-mail and want to transfer through Auction.com They've deposited the money but I'm getting cold feet a bit. Which is what lead me here :) Glad I found this site though. Seems like I can learn a ton!

BTW I originally paid $550. What would you guys say the domain is worth?

•••
Cloud Storage is big business from what I've seen an heard. You have the exact match. I would never sell for less than I purchased a name. If you have no use for it, then that means you purchased it with the intention to sell and make a profit. So it wouldn't sense to accept less. Atleast tell buyer you payed 2k for the name and it's worth much more. .Org is the second best extension IMO.

Do not pull the trigger at that sad price!

•••
Thanks for the reply Rivey! I paid $550 and would sell it for $1350 so I would make a profit but not a huge one. Yea I definetly bought it to flip it :) I appreciate the advice!

•••
Welcome to NP

If you have agreed on a price and they have sent the money, then do the right thing and transfer the name to them.

The words are great cloud words but the .org hurts this name

You have made a profit on it so thats the main thing

•••
CloudStorage co.uk sold $6,812

It's the exact match as I said. I guarantee it can go for 5k or even more.

But it should easily sell between 2-5k

Last edited:
•••
.org does not hurt the name. When I owned bolt.org,, i was offered $1,500 and buyer used the .org argument too. But I understand the value of the word and the extension and it went for 10K. You owned the exact match in a profitable niche-that's rare.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you both very much I appreciate all of the help. I should probably do the right thing and sell it since I accepted the offer. I really wish I found this site before I agreed to his price.

•••
Thank you both very much I appreciate all of the help. I should probably do the right thing and sell it since I accepted the offer. I really wish I found this site before I agreed to his price.
Oh I didn't know you already accepted the offer. In that case, the right thing to do is sell it. You have an eye for good names so you'll find other gems.

•••
.org does not hurt the name. When I owned bolt.org,, i was offered $1,500 and buyer used the .org argument too. But I understand the value of the word and the extension and it went for 10K. You owned the exact match in a profitable niche-that's rare.
Yea I hear you. I'm going to have to sleep on it.. So in your guys opinion is a .org better than a .net?

•••
Yea I hear you. I'm going to have to sleep on it.. So in your guys opinion is a .org better than a .net?
IMO Yes .org is much better than .net. I often run into .coms with the ,org taken too, but the .nets remains available. I asked random people i know about .net and they didn't even know about it; they say it even sounds old,like the 90's. Some even go as far as choosing a gtld like .nyc over it.

IMO .net is a poor mans .com. .Net is a sidechick. Only maybe lll.net sell ok i think. Someone here on namepros who even had a nice one word .net had serious trouble selling it. See: .org is established all by itself for non profits but it can be used for anything else too. More .net purchases don't prove anything either.. over my time online, most .net pages I run into are some chinese pages with ads or nothing on them, only a small percentage are actually developed. When people go after .org they are serious because it's established as I said. So, most .org regs are probably developed websites,unlike .net.

I didn't realize this but i have made more money selling .orgs than I have .coms. This was unintentional. .ORG is second only to .com.

•••
Thank you again for the help. I appreciate it!

•••
You have already initiated the sale mate, your cold feet should have been dealt with before you accepted payment. On principle, you should conclude the deal as discussed.....

•••
CloudStorage co.uk sold $6,812
4.5K GBP in 2013 (Sedo Auction), purchased by another domainer/investor...
.NET is also in his portfolio...

I own .PRO

Last edited:
•••
.NET is a canonical and very popular gTLD among hosting companies...
So I don't understand at all why you rank .ORG higher...

Last edited:
•••
The keyword "Storage" is one of the best you can get in the cloud space, I sold 3 names in a package which included a CloudStorage name (a cctld) for 3x,xxx, but the main concern here is .org, its not popular in the technology industry.

•••
.storage nTLD has been launched recently...

•••
You guys are awesome. I'll definitely be sticking around here. Thinking you are all right and I should do the right thing since the sale was initiated. Thank you all for the help!

•••
The keyword "Storage" is one of the best you can get in the cloud space, I sold 3 names in a package which included a CloudStorage name (a cctld) for 3x,xxx, but the main concern here is .org, its not popular in the technology industry.

Maybe sell to a cloud storage non-profit? :D

•••
There aren't many of those around unfortunately..they're all out to make lots of $$$

•••
There aren't many of those around unfortunately..they're all out to make lots of $$$
Thanks gilescoley, I appreciate your help :) I did end up selling cloudstorage to the person I made a deal with for $1350. Funds were released and it was a pretty smooth transaction.

Although I probably could of got more I figure I'll use the money to invest in some more domains. Thanks you all again!

•••
Thanks gilescoley, I appreciate your help :) I did end up selling cloudstorage to the person I made a deal with for $1350. Funds were released and it was a pretty smooth transaction.

Although I probably could of got more I figure I'll use the money to invest in some more domains. Thanks you all again!

Nice sale, you did the right thing, sticking to your word is a lot more important than a few extra bucks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back