Domain Empire

new gtlds .Cloud hits general availability on Tuesday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Affordably-priced domain name presents an opportunity for domain name investors.

The company has delivered on the pricing promise. GoDaddy and other registrars are offering the domain names for about $20-$25.

With many “cloud” .com domain names selling for five figures, this seems like a good opportunity for domain name investors. There are no restrictions on registering .cloud domain names.

.Cloud had 500 sunrise applications and 2,651 landrush application

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that sounds like a great deal!

LosAngeles.cloud=smog.cloud

•••
•••
This one's gonna get a lot of registrations.

•••
•••
•••
•••
soembody could explain me what especial there is in NNN.cloud?

•••
•••
•••
What registrar?

I did so with GoDaddy and i didn't get the ones i really wanted. Did you receive emails saying you didn't get them?

Most likely your names are reserved, or in auction if they are generic in nature, otherwise you should have got notification by now.

I had registered 34 domains by Priority Pre-registration on Domain.com
they didn't send me single email till now.

i registered on 28/01/2016 20 days before..
i raised support ticket with them after waiting 18 days...

they are asking me to give list of all domains,
they did not print any single domain names in Billing receipt...

i checked whois for few of these domains, but they shows "invalid domains" or "domain reserved by registry"

•••
•••
I am not sure why I picked this up: T i g e r . c l o u d

•••
Oxford.cloud
Cambridge.cloud

Amazings! You can create very interesting third level domains with them!
students . cambridge . cloud / docs . cambridge . cloud / lessons . cambridge . cloud and so on.....
I'm a newbie, but when I register new domain I always think how third level domain can fit with it to create a strong keyword(s).
Congrats good domains imho :)

•••
Hello fellow domainers,
I've check one domain: clouds.cloud available for normal reg fee. I was tempted to register it. However, my doctor has prescribed me only DOTCOM domains.
If you want to register it, you're more than welcome :)

•••
Hello fellow domainers,
I've check one domain: clouds.cloud available for normal reg fee. I was tempted to register it. However, my doctor has prescribed me only DOTCOM domains.
If you want to register it, you're more than welcome :)
clouds.cloud was not reg fee. It was taken in pre landrush, went to auction and sold for a lot of $$$ with multiple bidders

•••
clouds.cloud was not reg fee. It was taken in pre landrush, went to auction and sold for a lot of $$$ with multiple bidders

How u know...they announced the domains won in the auction?

•••
•••
•••
Funny thing is that most keywords are "Premium" but if you buy and NON key word you can't list it on premium auction...

•••
How u know...they announced the domains won in the auction?
GoDaddy you could pay regular price or pay premium. If you pay premium it is taken before landrush and goes to auction. It said 'not available' on GD because it was preordered. I didn't bid on it so can't tell you the price. It says 'access denied' for domains you didn't preorder. But I'm sure it went to auction today. But I can tell you that from the auctions I was in either there is a lot of interest or Frank Shilling is just trying to buy everything. Very high auction prices.

I checked last night and it was available for sure.
A glitch. Many were 'available' and then they refund you within 2 seconds of payment as they were taken. There was a guy on here that was so happy yesterday he picked up a .cloud at regfee and then I told him it was a $7,500 premium name. He got an e-mail within a few seconds and was refunded.

•••
GoDaddy you could pay regular price or pay premium. If you pay premium it is taken before landrush and goes to auction. It said 'not available' on GD because it was preordered. I didn't bid on it so can't tell you the price. It says 'access denied' for domains you didn't preorder. But I'm sure it went to auction today. But I can tell you that from the auctions I was in either there is a lot of interest or Frank Shilling is just trying to buy everything. Very high auction prices.

A glitch. Many were 'available' and then they refund you within 2 seconds of payment as they were taken. There was a guy on here that was so happy yesterday he picked up a .cloud at regfee and then I told him it was a $7,500 premium name. He got an e-mail within a few seconds and was refunded.
This is called price gouging!

•••
All of the Planets are $17000+, Planet.Cloud is $8K+

Planets.Cloud for reg fee seems like a deal?

•••
Mark this post and message me when soundcloud.com redirects to sound.cloud

I don't think they'll be able to afford it will they? last I heard was they're in debt by $$millions

•••
Amazon.cloud
Vodafone.cloud
IBM.cloud

All live/redirect...Good start

•••
I looked at getting tickets.cloud and realised it was a premium at $xx,xxx so I opted to get ticket.cloud.

When I got to the checkout I got a pre-purchase trademark issues with the word 'ticket'. Anyway went ahead with purchase as I didn't believe it infringed anything and then it said "domain has been taken out of your basket as it is not available..."

baaaa

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back