Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

new gtlds .Cloud hits general availability on Tuesday

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
4,450
Affordably-priced domain name presents an opportunity for domain name investors.

The company has delivered on the pricing promise. GoDaddy and other registrars are offering the domain names for about $20-$25.

With many “cloud” .com domain names selling for five figures, this seems like a good opportunity for domain name investors. There are no restrictions on registering .cloud domain names.

.Cloud had 500 sunrise applications and 2,651 landrush application

Source
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DataStorage.cloud

Renewal: $20+
EstiBot Value: $1,000

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - data storage cloud
Monthly Searches: 317
Cost Per Click: $0.05 USD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [data storage cloud]
Monthly Searches: 134
Cost Per Click: $29.05 USD
Ad Competition: high
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - data storage cloud
Monthly Searches: 14,762
Cost Per Click: $27.71 USD
Ad Competition: high
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [data storage cloud]
Monthly Searches: 134
Cost Per Click: $29.05 USD
Ad Competition: high
Data Age: Recent
 
Last edited:
0
•••
If you are in the business of selling domains (aka a domainer) you should be after names that buyers want.

The demand.

With GTLD's you do not have the luxuries you had with .com, especially if you are into 3-4 figure renewals.

That is what we are seeing with .cloud today, they paid up in auction, and the domainer is not part of the eco system, they need to sell the quality keywords to end users directly, and recoup those costs. The stuff left over is 2nd, and 3rd tier stuff, which has less likelyhood of selling thru.

The stuff most domainers are registering are not end user quality domains, I am sure .cloud did their homework, the odd name gets missed, but they did a good job of getting most of it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
meeting.cloud is available for $130,000 if anyone wants it
 
0
•••
meeting.cloud is available for $130,000 if anyone wants it
I will sell you the .com for 50% of that, $8 renewals to boot
 
0
•••
could somebody, please, give me some opinion about my domain?
i asked at appraisal section but no one answers.
it is 2 word, because data and storage and almost all good keywords were premium with $XXX-$XXXX renewal, so I regd this 2 word domain.
does it have a potencial?
price range?
 
0
•••
I just picked up some NNN.clouds

099.cloud
820.cloud
237.cloud
8881.cloud

Most NNN.cloud chips are already taken. Only good patterns left are in NNNN
 
0
•••
cloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloud.cloud
12 times cloud (60 characters) / .cloud
The .cloud domain with the highest possible ammount of 'cloud'
 
3
•••
cloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloudcloud.cloud
12 times cloud (60 characters) / .cloud
The .cloud domain with the highest possible ammount of 'cloud'
I like that :xf.grin:
 
1
•••
I got Jag.Cloud
 
0
•••
I know that short numerics will sell in almost any extension but I didn't get any numerics because they don't make any sense (to me) with .cloud(I am not saying they won't sell) JMO

Got this BTW:
editor-cloud.jpg

Can be used for online Image editor or Word editor.

A few good names ended up in auction, will let you know if I get them.
 
0
•••
You guys are crazy for buying these new gtlds up like sand in the desert.
Companies want the .com
What new company is started with only the new gtld?

So all NNN.cloud are gone. Do you really think there are going to be 1000 .cloud businesses started up on a NNN.cloud??? Maybe a business or two will be built around the best of the best in .cloud. There will not be 1000's and 1000's of new cloud businesses. Waste your money if you want. Looks like a sh1t.cloud to me.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
bleh, not excited about cloud.

grabbed barter, transact and confirm just for the hell of it.
 
0
•••
I saw a few posts back people were wanting to register u-s.cloud, a hypehn within a gtld, it is a strech, hypen within a strong .com is still a hard sell, I can't even imagine within a new GTLD

Actually I registered u-s.cloud, I know that hyphens decrease value but us can't be registered and possibly will never be released. If it were the price would be out of reach so I feel I got the next best thing and at reg. renewal. GD gave me a coupon so $36.00 for 2 years... :D

BTW - I'm not all in on this one so that's probably all I will reg...
 
0
•••
There might be uses or demand or meaning for .cloud that we don't even know about yet, so investing in a few hand picked names on day 1 of availability could pay off. Sure is generating a lot of chatter already.
 
0
•••
All .cloud best and good domains are already preregistered..
I agree with @alcy.
 
0
•••
I'm sure we'll see some aftermarket .cloud sales of clever names hand regged at normal reg fee.
 
0
•••
normal reg fee
DVR .cloud
PVR .cloud
 
0
•••
I bought yesterday 3 cloud domains: Abudhabi.cloud , Emirates.cloud (The country not the flight company), and another 3 letters .cloud domain, this morning there is a Company agent who is interested by this 3 letters cloud domain, I will let you know and tell you the name later :) I'm waiting for their offer.
 
1
•••
A 5 minute search turned up these available names

PRC
MACAU
LAOS
LAO
CLO
FREEBIE

Dig in.
 
0
•••
I bought yesterday 3 cloud domains: Abudhabi.cloud , Emirates.cloud (The country not the flight company), and another 3 letters .cloud domain, this morning there is a Company agent who is interested by this 3 letters cloud domain, I will let you know and tell you the name later :) I'm waiting for their offer.
To bad they priced uae.cloud at $60,000
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back