IT.COM

Chris.net is going to fail at NamesCon - ROTD Live Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought Chris.net and RBT.net at a price I was comfortable with. I sold RBT and made back some of my investment and I was going to sit on Chris unless I got my price. Well, long story short I ended up listing it in the Namescon Auction without really completely understanding it.
  • I am freely admitting I didn't understand how it worked
  • Nobody forced me to list the domain. In fact, I felt honored to be in
I was under the impression that it would be a handful of select names and all would be live auctioned. Nope! I am stuck with hundreds of other great names buried in the stack. Only the top names getting live auctioned. I am stuck at $1,655 with 7 days left. I am going to lose my ass on this name and its my own fault.
  • I have tried contacting every Chris known to man through email and twitter
  • I have Facebook advertised
  • I have twitter advertised
I am out of options - I feel like an idiot. What the hell do I do now, I wish I could just pull it out and sit on it like I had planned. Ugh.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's very unfortunate.

chris-net.com - These guys might be interested, let them know about the auction

Also if you've ever received any interest from someone before you started the auction, do let them know about it.

•••
Let me guess, they bullied you into No Reserve.

•••
Damn bro. Sorry to hear. Why didn't you tell me? Facebook? Twitter?

Why not LinkedIn why promote to kiddie websites where people bs and not do biz? Why not a business website? Why not namebio? Or old school dnjournal? Or domaining.com?

I'll help you out again does Chris redirect to you namscon listing?

I'll blast it yet again to my 9k followers. People usually act when there is a deadline. They feel they might miss out.

Pm me send me stats on keyword Chris. Like monthly searches , ppc, traffic ,and all the good stuff.

I'll create an actual article post on my LinkedIn. No commission.

Meantime since its 7 days left might be good idea to check out namebio's $35 seven day featured. Might help. Can't guarantee though.

I know you wanna save money but at this point you need to throw money at this problem (smartly)

How much did you pay for Facebook and twitter ads? Ssssh pm me.

•••
•••
Yep and I fell for it

They probably did a background check on Chris.net found out how much you paid for it. Analyzed it. Thought you were desperate to sell. By the way Richard Lau is one of my connections so is Monte cahn so for sure they saw your domain when I prominently posted it as a photo update . these people smell desperation and use it.

Its just business nothing personal nice guys though if money is not involved.

Lol

Last edited:
•••
I wasn't really that desperate - I could have sat on it. Yes, I tried to sell it but I didn't "have" to sell it.
I thought this would get a ton of exposure

•••
@uglydork Out of curiosity: Did you get any interest from your outbound efforts or were you just asking too much (in their opinion)?

Best of luck with your auction, let's hope that those 7 days make the difference.

•••
I wasn't really that desperate - I could have sat on it. Yes, I tried to sell it but I didn't "have" to sell it.
I thought this would get a ton of exposure

I didn't say you were remember too anything you say on NP gets seen via Google . and I'm sure rotd and namescon have teams scouring NP for keywords like Chris.net. probably reading this thread right now.

They know the price you bought it. They analyze that via their crystal ball based in that they decide if your desperate or not. And force you to do no reserve.

I think some namescon domains aren't no reserve can anyone confirm ?

Last edited:
•••
First name .nets have become very hard to move in the face of GTLDs.

People have access to .link, .xyz, .email, .expert, .blog, .doctor etc...

So when you get into high dollars, since a first name .net, is more impersonal in regards to commerce sites, they tend to sway towards other cheaper options, like adding a middle initial etc..

This is still a great domain, there is a buyer for it somewhere in the world who should pay a fair price.

.net are just not selling to end users, I am having to make such a call in my own portfolio, as if you compare .net sales they are not there at all.

This being a 5 letter short name should defy all traditional rules, but I mean if I had to buy my own first name in .net, I would pay a few grand, otherwise I just wouldn't care. As I want other toys.

2011 was probably the best year to sell this domain.

Last edited:
•••
First name .nets have become very hard to move in the face of GTLDs.

People have access to .link, .xyz, .email, .expert, .blog, .doctor etc...

So when you get into high dollars, since a first name .net, is more impersonal in regards to commerce sites, they tend to sway towards other cheaper options, like adding a middle initial etc..

This is still a great domain, there is a buyer for it somewhere in the world who should pay a fair price.

.net are just not selling to end users, I am having to make such a call in my own portfolio, as if you compare .net sales they are not there at all.

This being a 4 letter short name should defy all traditional rules, but I mean if I had to buy my own first name in .net, I would pay a few grand, otherwise I just wouldn't care. As I want other toys.

2011 was probably the best year to sell this domain.

You mean 5 letter .nets right ?

•••
You mean 5 letter .nets right ?
Ha ha yea, still a nice name, and a ton of Chris's, I guess they are all just cheap, or cost conscious.

I am sure you would get many how much? Replies

But unless someone is looking, they they get a mid 5 figure reply on an outbound request, they probably aren't to included unless it's a few K that they can put on a credit card, not wire transfer type buy.

Last edited:
•••
@uglydork Out of curiosity: Did you get any interest from your outbound efforts or were you just asking too much (in their opinion)?

Best of luck with your auction, let's hope that those 7 days make the difference.
No interest - in fact, I received an email from someone yesterday that sais "thanks but no thanks. Chris Sacco answered - not interested. Most people didn't even answer

•••
No interest - in fact, I received an email from someone yesterday that sais "thanks but no thanks. Chris Sacco answered - not interested. Most people didn't even answer

Namescon might be the right venue then for you, if it end users don't want it, most domainers tend to value domains moreso than some end users these days.

The commission is going to kill, and there is a lot of inventory this Year, and less Chinese profits as many had last year in play.

You can't pull it out?

•••

Lol Chris Sacco where have I heard that name before ? Politician right ?

•••
•••
Namescon might be the right venue then for you, if it end users don't want it, most domainers tend to value domains moreso than some end users these days.

The commission is going to kill, and there is a lot of inventory this Year, and less Chinese profits as many had last year in play.

You can't pull it out?
I wonder if I could pull it out but then I piss off namejet and Monet - 2 enemies that may come back to haunt me.

•••
No - rich guy on Shark Tank - twitter investor
Yea he made a fortune off uber, wow lunch
money could have bought him a great conversation piece, and email.

•••
I wonder if I could pull it out but then I piss off namejet and Monet - 2 enemies that may come back to haunt me.
You have to do what's best for you, you could reimburse him the commission on the current bid.

•••
Welcome to NamesCON (tongue in cheek) - As a US outsider I still find that name funny. Yeah I know what it means though ;)... Anyway, I should be heading out to Vegas as it's been years since I've been there. I would love to be going to the convention (from UK).

•••
I don't think that pulling it out from the auction is the right course of action if it already has bids.

•••
I just checked this auction list, wow there is a lot of inventory, and amazing names.

Here are the .com first names

Sandra.com
Patty.com
Megan.com
Marcia.com
Charlize.com

Chris is much more of a popular name, probably more than all those combined. It just comes down to the extension, and how much someone wants it.

Based on the inventory, and other names, I would pull it out if you won't be happy with $5k or less if you can do so.

Just not enough money to go around.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think that pulling it out from the auction is the right course of action if it already has bids.
I totally agree with you, but this guy has to think of his family, his kids college etc, I think he got blindsided by it a bit being new to the sales side of the industry.

Tough call for sure. Really unfortunate for sure.

•••
I totally agree with you, but this guy has to think of his family, his kids college etc, I think he got blindsided by it a bit being new to the sales side of the industry.

Tough call for sure.

That is true, i.e. family etc. Tough call.

Maybe recontact all the prospects and let them know that the name is in auction (people kinda like auctions) and it is going to sell. Wouldn't hurt.

•••
That is true, i.e. family etc. Tough call.

Maybe recontact all the prospects and let them know that the name is in auction (people kinda like auctions) and it is going to sell. Wouldn't hurt.
Did that - I have been advertising for weeks - nothing

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back